Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
N: https://twitter.com/mi_guardado/status/1014271259822063616

V: He was cleared to hit a few days back, I imagine they are being very conservative with him but I'm glad to see him play again tonight

e: less obnoxious tweet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Good Dog posted:

I'm voting for Andrelton "Better than Eddie Rosario" Simmons instead but thanks for your suggestion.

He's going to be the only position player in the top ten for WAR that won't be in D.C. and that sucks :(

Simmons, that is.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
https://twitter.com/Angels/status/1017190574200315904

Well that sucks

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Sydin posted:

Hasn't he been dealing with UCL problems since 2016? I know he's tried his best to avoid TJS but at this point if he'd just gotten it when he initially had the tear he'd have been back and (hopefully) healthy by now.

Yeah, he first tore it back in 2016 and went with stem cell injections and then missed most of 2017 with a biceps injury. He really hasn't pitched much since 2015 after coming back from his knee injury.

He might have pitched his last game for the Angels last night, it's really too bad how many injuries he's had over the past few years.

e: I wonder if this changes Ohtani's outlook at all, it would be a nightmare if they stuck with the injections and he goes down in 2019/20

Johnny Bravo fucked around with this message at 01:10 on Jul 12, 2018

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Thom P. Tiers posted:

Yeap. Would be the first ever to have 700 of each. Bonds had 601, Aaron had 624, and Ruth only had 506.

To add on to this, a few games back he hit a double that moved him into the top ten for career doubles and it was mentioned that he's the only player to be in the top ten for career doubles and home runs. Aaron was on that list until recently when Pujols and Ortiz both passed him in doubles.

That legitimately surprised me to learn that Bonds, Ruth and Rodriguez all came up short.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

New Concept Hole posted:

Watch him end up with the Angels after Trout's already left

This implies Trout is leaving, which he isn't. Ever.

Nolan would definitely look good in an Angels uniform though.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Who gets to wear 13, Muncy or Machado

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
https://mobile.twitter.com/JeffPassan/status/1019429049461104640

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

New Concept Hole posted:

This shouldn't come as a surprise

His name's literally Hader

Hard R and everything

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Just so dang cool and good.

Intruder posted:

I would like to say I thought the ASG caps were super cool

I was also a fan of the pinwheel hats, some of them looked really good

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Thom P. Tiers posted:

https://twitter.com/Haudricourt/status/1019616573777219584

:allears:

Be more sensitive when it comes to racism and oh by the way we are going to make you hang out with those people you hate so much.

Ah, sensitivity training. I remember they tried that with noted racist shithead John Rocker who went on to brag about how he only attended for a few minutes and it being mostly a way to get people off Selig's rear end over the issue.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Trout is boring and vanilla, he likes weather and if he tweets, it's plane emojis and not stupid poo poo but going on and on about how the MLB can't market him because he doesn't market himself (or, more accurately, 'engage' with those they are trying to market him to) is just bullshit. MLB doesn't know how to market anyone and it's a convenient way to absolve the league when people wonder why Trout isn't as big as LeBron or Curry or any other non-MLB superstar.

Manfred went a little bit deeper by saying that Trout has made decisions about how he spends his free time and that Angels statement is in direct response to that.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Mike Trout weighs in

https://twitter.com/JeffFletcherOCR/status/1019777949472501761

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Poque posted:

The year is 2031 and 50 year old Jose Bautista has just batflipped in front of 47 year old Brian McCann, several hips were broken

President Josh Hader voiced his concern by releasing a statement on Twitter:

quote:

“This is America’s game. This is America’s pastime, and over the last 10-15 years we’ve seen a very big world influence in this game, which we as a union and as players appreciate. We’re opening this game to everyone that can play. However, if you’re going to come into our country and make our American dollars, you need to respect a game that has been here for over a hundred years, and I think sometimes that can be misconstrued. There are some players that have antics, that have done things over the years that we don’t necessarily agree with."

When asked to clarify his comments, he claimed they were Bud Norris lyrics.

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011

Sydin posted:

Man you have no idea how stoked I am to watch the Yankees get bounced in the WC game 9-8 by the unstoppable one run victory Seattle Mariners.

I'm more stoked to watch Oakland take that WC spot

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
efb

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
You should wrap that thing in cotton candy, it'll taste great

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Kinda bummed to see Maldonado leave but it's been expected for a few weeks now. He's a stud on defense, there's been 3 or 4 games this year that have ended with him gunning someone down but his bat is mostly garbage if I'm being honest.

I hope Sandoval has a UCL made out of titanium because he'll probably need it in Anaheim.

Johnny Bravo fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jul 26, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Bravo
Jan 19, 2011
Kinsler was most likely gone after this year anyways now that Fletcher is up so cool trade. Downside is another two months of watching Valbuena play every night.

• Locked thread