Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
iospace
Jan 19, 2038

HAPPY BOBBY BONILLA DAY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Better than what the Nats are paying out to Scherzer.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/shrimpalert/status/1013991038556475393

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

GalacticAcid posted:

Our only potentially valuable trade item, Ivan Nova, has given up four home runs through 4 innings tonight.

Bucs are hopeless. I genuinely do not see a way out of it.

I do, get a new owner.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

The guy who signed for 500 bucks got his first hit.

It went into the seats :getin:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Inspector_666 posted:

Nate put it into Orfbit.

hell yeah

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Miz Kriss posted:

I’m pretty sure there are minor league teams that are doing better than the cardinals

I can name one: the Cubs!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Shittalking aside, I'm waiting for the inevitable Brewers post-ASG collapse, allowing the Cubs to take over again.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

fattest when won or fattest while still playing?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

AsInHowe posted:

This is the greatest baseball card of all-time.

Mods?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

IcePhoenix posted:

don't worry I added it to the OP gallery

:stonk:

I also rehosted it for ya in case that listing goes down or somthing.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

IcePhoenix posted:

iospace does this fit as the thread title

You tell me.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Knuckleballs are the best pitch and I will not tolerate any hatred of them.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Atomizer posted:

Could Brewersposters fill me in on something? How long is The Zagurski Experiment going to last?

Hopefully that one inning.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Atomizer posted:

Which one, the inning today where he gave up 3 or his 1st appearance on June 30th where he gave up four without recording an out. :stare:

(This is why I asked; I know the Brewers have had good luck with the scrapheap but this is not one of those times!)

We don't talk about that inning.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Why they built Miller facing SE I'll never know. Maybe to provide some challenges to the opposing teams with the sun? No clue.

It is much better with the roof open but I'll take closed roof it means the game is playable when it rains (or in the early/late portions of the season to help raise the temperature).

Tangential, I love how baseball stadiums are all unique. Every other major team sport has identical fields of play*. Baseball doesn't.

*Ok, not entirely true for soccer, the field has to be within a certain length and width, but there's no exact specification. Most, if not all, top level fields though are the same size, however.

iospace fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jul 9, 2018

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

It's ugly.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Yadi is cool and good.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

IcePhoenix posted:

Says the person who likes Ryan Braun

I have never defended his actions and have gone on record in the past thinking he needs to go.

That said:
https://twitter.com/alexhider/status/1016819027572875264
https://twitter.com/atf13atf/status/1016845200222769154

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Provided it matches my views you can!

As an aside, my personal rule here is "Don't bring up politics unless it's tangential to the sport." This definitely satisfies that.

e: I say that because we do have two politics forums here.

iospace fucked around with this message at 03:17 on Jul 11, 2018

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

IcePhoenix posted:

Longer/better quality video of the As/Astros ending. This is probably the Play of the Year so far.

https://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/mp4/2018/07/11/2257325783/1531283791969/asset_2500K.mp4

Was that a strikeout or a swinging bunt?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Upon further review (I was on phone when I posted it), it couldn't have been a strikeout because 1st base was occupied with less than two outs. You can't advance to first on a dropped strikeout if 1st if less than two outs.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Speaking of that...

Has anyone walked-off on a strikeout? I know walk-off wild pitches/passed balls are a thing, but has it happened where the batter struck out at the same time? Better yet, has anyone walked-off like that when there were two outs?

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

IcePhoenix posted:

a little bit of googling and threading gave me a two out one as well

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_MQYRQA3qpI

Cool, thanks!

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Aguliar made it :toot:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I think part of why Jeter was so highly regarded was because ~Yankees~. Had he been anywhere else, he'd be a nobody.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Thom P. Tiers posted:

310/380/440 career from an SS is nothing to scoff at (with all of the counting stats to go with it). He was absolutely a great hitter for the position. It's just that he was seen by most casual fans and the media as some defensive wizard and he was the exact opposite. He was certainly a top 10 shortstop ever to play the game. It's just unfortunate everyone *also* thought his defense was amazing because of cool dives and jumping throws (and that one thing he did against the A's).

The reason why he got featured so much for casual fans was exactly because he was a Yankee. The MLB media as a whole is salivating over the fact that the Yankees are good again.

I'm not going to deny he was good at the plate though.

RCarr posted:

lol this is Yankee hatred on steroids.

My #1 rule for baseball fandom:

gently caress. The. Yankees.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

RCarr posted:

So you're saying the hardness of the water is what made Jeter so great.

Him being drunk all the time would explain his defense.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

Holy poo poo, Hamilton :eyepop:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Brewers are completely gassed. 21 games in 20 days. :suicide:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Hahahahahah :suicide:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Popete posted:

*quickly opens tab to @bestfansstlouis*

:same:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

N: :suicide:
V: :suicide:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Pancakes posted:

Nutting matters.

:golfclap:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I always bend my bills on my hat (though I only wear baseball hats in warm weather).

Tangential, can we get Dee Gordon on the Cards? Asking for a friend who wants to see glorious meltdowns.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FRIENDLY REMINDER

DONG STROKING IS TONIGHT

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Artix posted:

I wouldn't put any stock in the Machado rumors right now - literally 10 hours ago the Phillies were the front-runners because they were willing to include Molina as part of the deal. Give it another 10 and they'll be saying the Brewers are the most likely destination.

Inshallah (though I'd rather have pitching)

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

:barf:

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

FlamingLiberal posted:

God I hope so, I am done watching pitchers hit

Pitcher dongs are the best dongs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Poque posted:

Expand rosters to 28, make the DH universal, but make it so you have to change your DH when you change your pitcher so managers still actually have to do some thinking

Also implement a salary floor.

But yeah, if the DH does become universal, I think they should be tied to that specific pitcher. The pitcher batting creates another layer of strategy that I like in the NL.

• Locked thread