Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/flippingbats/st...23post485691586

yes, i know this was posted in the last thread, but this really should be posted on every page of every forum that exists. make this happen forever. mlb, your problem isn't length of game, or even tempo of game, it's relatability. let your players be themselves. this isn't hard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

while fowler’s on paternity leave, no less

best fans in baseball

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

at the same time, i wish soccer were far more popular in america. both are really great sports

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

is trout calling judge a kid all that weird? i do that with my friends who are around my age, and that's 33. 'yea, dude's a good kid'.

i don't know, maybe it's a northeast thing. a couple of my friends from chicago do it too. i get why it sounds funny, obv, but just pointing out it's not unheard of.

also, if hader had changed his beliefs, near about the first thing he would've done post-hate period is delete those tweets. i don't really know what a change like that is like, but i would imagine that kind of epiphany would result in you thinking about all the bad things you did based on your original state, and if any of those were reversible, you'd reverse them.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 09:38 on Jul 18, 2018

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

RCarr posted:

Yea this is super common in New York too.

yep, i live in brooklyn

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

it is utterly laughable dudes who get caught with steroids any number of times get infinitely more punished

complete loving sham

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

goons gonna goon

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Did Cleveland overpay or is that about right?

nah, this is as about as fair a trade as you'll ever see. cleveland got 8yr of control from two great relief options for when miller and allen walk after this season. it wasn't just that they needed help this season--they needed help for the next few seasons with no real options inhouse. meanwhile, sd got a promising young hitter who has a few minor issues to work out.

basically, cleveland extended their window, while sd added talent to their already embarrassment of minor league riches. it's a great deal for both sides.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/BillShaikin/status/1020844480998576130

ban wisconsin

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

and missouri

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

well today, your gm said explicitly the bullpen will not look the same in a couple of days so there’s that for you, cards fan

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the problem here is wrigley in the summer is the best hitters park there is

even more than coors or arlington

i still love this move. very low risk.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

let's not forget moving to the nl central from the al will do wonders. i'm also under the impression texas's defense is kind of rear end, which would really hurt a pitcher like him

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Mike_V posted:

Cubs should sign Holland imo

for league min, sure

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

aaa and figure out what’s up. he can clearly pitch better than this. seems like a mental thing he needs to work out of.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

eduardo escobar to az

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

kyle tucker for a three-month rental of harper: who says no?

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

as far as i know shaw's played a ton of 2b in his past, so this shouldn't be that crazy. also, it's not THAT crazy to switch from 3b to 2b even if he hadn't played 2b in his past. they're not that dissimilar from what i've read from players and scouts.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

i'm so loving curious what the mets are asking for in return. the yankees can do it, and i feel like if it were just andujar or just justus, this would've happened. maybe they're demanding both and more? if i'm the yankees, i'm certainly willing to send any of those two, probably torres too.

abelwingnut fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Jul 29, 2018

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Baltimore Sun reporting that the Braves acquired Brad Brach from the orioles. Haven't seen the return for him yet

international slot $

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

victor martinez warrants a mention here

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

what in the everliving gently caress is this

https://twitter.com/AldoSoto21/status/1023786556165771264

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

zapplez posted:

Thats A-Rod's voice?

yes

honestly have no idea what caused him to spout this nonsenses

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Source: #Astros get Osuna from #BlueJays. - rosenthal

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

OFFICIAL: We've acquired RHP Ken Giles, minor league RHP Hector Perez and minor league RHP David Paulino from the @astros in exchange for RHP Roberto Osuna.

seems like really good haul for the jays, wow

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

yanks, cleveland in on maybin

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

shoulder injury for martinez this time

way, way, way worse news than re-aggravating the oblique

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

well, this is an all new injury, guys. his oblique is fine, so that's not on the staff.

as far as i know he's never had a shoulder injury before

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Pancakes posted:

I thought it was his shoulder that kept him out of the 2015 postseason.

possible. you'd know better than i would.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

the nationals should be asking for mckenzie, not bieber. cleveland's insane if they refuse to include bieber. i imagine this is all just posturing, though, and something happens at the last minute. makes too much sense for washington and other teams

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

https://twitter.com/jonmorosi/status/1024153562316787713

sure, why not, he can't cost much

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

ziegler has been really good since april. he's gained like 2 or 3mph on his fastball in that time. obviously the cubs will need to research this more, but i don't think this is bad at all, especially when he'll come for basically free. low risk, high reward situation.

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

you absolutely can replace duensing, and they should. keep wilson and rosario as your loogys

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

on the other hand, don't

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

as is felipe

https://twitter.com/F_Vazquez73/status/1024287882587136000

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

that's a real bad move for stl

cool and good

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

ziegler has been traded to...someone per craig mish

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Abel Wingnut posted:

ziegler has been traded to...someone per craig mish

arizona

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

Twenty Four posted:

I hope Tommy Pham gets something better then league average with his new worse team. No joke.

the rays are kind of good and getting better. their problem is being in that hell division with limited resources. they're doing it as well as anyone can.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abelwingnut
Dec 23, 2002

not only did stl botch the deadline, but detroit and oakland really could've done more. however, these teams' incompetence in no way compares to the mets' and the nationals' incompetence. those two really, really went out of their way to gently caress this up.

• Locked thread