Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
That doesn’t sound fascinating at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Are they intentionally designing the outfield glass to maximize glare aiming at the batter or

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I spent the night in Paris last night as a stopover on my way home from my summer vacation, so I obviously took the opportunity to go party in the streets with everyone. I really wish baseball were more popular around the world, or hell, even just within the US

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Man the Machado trade happened way too cleanly, and early, for me to believe that it was actually a done deal. I knew some bullshit like this would come up. It’s being tweeted about like it’s nothing major, but the thread has been pulled. Won’t be surprised to see it unravel

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

You’re welcome for the reverse jinx :smug:

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I’m not convinced that the FO has any intention of tendering Puig a contract this offseason, let alone extending him beyond 2019. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him go

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

bawfuls posted:

lol why on earth would they decline to at least offer him arbitration? He’s still a productive player, and on a one year deal it’s a no brainer.

Is it? He’d get what, 12-15 mil in arbitration, at a position where they already have a lot of depth. Depending on who they go after in the offseason, I could see them not bringing him back

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Why would he get $12-15M in arb? He's making $7.5M this year on his original contract and is not putting up superstar numbers. I can't imagine he'd get a major raise in arb.

B-Ref has him at $9.2 this year

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

I mean, the Dodgers had to change hands because of fiscal irresponsibility that had much less of an effect on the product than what's happening with the Mets.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Yo just FYI if you’re gonna use an accent to differentiate Enrique Hernandez’s nickname from a racial slur, the spelling Kíke is far more in line with how accents work in Spanish than Kiké (which would be pronounced more like Kick-AY)

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Good Dog posted:

https://twitter.com/ChadMoriyama/status/1023386979503751168

Didn't know MLB hired writers for the Onion to work on some new scripts. Won't someone please thinking of the merchandising???

God the fact that that bunt went down right during that rant is so :perfecto:

(idk what the code for the chef boyardee guy making the 👌 sign is)

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Well that’s just goddamn nonsense

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
I legit had no idea that Ted Williams had a .482 career OBP. Jfc

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

bawfuls posted:

IF everyone stays healthy,

lol

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

bawfuls posted:

Also I read on a blog that the Dodgers are getting Dozier from Minnesota for the corpse of Logan Forsythe and a few lotto tickets, which if true, just :lol:

Dave Cameron saw the future

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004

Vernacular posted:

Pretty much

But I mean, yeah, there is some heavy offensive potential. Some major question marks though as well: Turner's wrist health, Bellinger just not being the same player, probable regression from Muncy/Kemp, the fuckin bullpen, etc.

Also the front office pulling starters out of the game after 4 innings

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
Brian Dozier just got to Dodger Stadium and there’s reverse hugwatch happening in the Dodger dugout :3:

• Locked thread