Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
It’s July 2nd, Braves are on a 4 game win streak an leading the NL East by 3.5 games over the Phillies and 7 games over the Nats.

This is the best timeline

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Epic High Five posted:

not gonna lie,, at this point I had them - at the absolute most insanely most optimistic outcome - tied with the Nats in their dominance over the Phillies

what a weird and beautful loving year

A group of friends and I did a bet on who would win divisions and WC before the season started and I didnt have Braves winning or making the WC.

Still a lot of baseball left but i feel like I might be wrong

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
N:

V: lol

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gently caress that, I like Moose and all but I wouldn't give up those two guys for him, especially because as pointed out he's not much of an upgrade over Camargo.

I don't think 3B is really where Braves need to be looking to improve anyway. Get that bullpen righted first.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Is there a way to break out stats over a time period? Like Camargo has come on pretty strong lately, even if you look at the past month I’d bet his numbers are better than that.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
You sayin something is wrong with Blooper?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=610K5Mf358Q

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Marquis Grissom was so cool, I've never seen somebody with as much range in center

TBF his range included the vertical of the outfield wall

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Comptroll The Forums posted:

Fourth of July on a Wednesday is just absolute poo poo. All holidays should be set to either Monday, Friday, Saturday or Sunday, none of this midweek horseshit.

Yes, I'm mad and cranky because my office has air conditioning and I would rather be there than dry humping my box fan at home. :argh:

Last page but all holidays should be Fridays or Mondays. Maybe tuesday or thursday with the idea that you'd also get Monday or Friday off. None of this Wednesday bullshit

Thanksgiving is always Thursday and I always get Friday off

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

FlamingLiberal posted:

The Braves didn't sign a MLB FA until Spring Training last offseason, and that guy they finally signed was Chris Stewart for some reason

What I'm saying is, the Braves' ownership are a bunch of penny pinchers, even after getting a publicly financed stadium

They have $54 million in payroll tied up between Adrian Gonzales, Scott Kazmir, Nick Markakis and Brandon McCarthy, all of which comes off the books at the end of this year. They cleared out more payroll with the Kemp trade.

I also read somewhere that Liberty Media doesn’t have any real control over the Braves as part of the agreement of the sale and that the Braves operate completely independent of LM. I cant find where I read that though.

Alex Anthopoulos has also been very clear that he’s not going to go out and sell the farm to bring in a big name if it doesn’t make sense. Yes, they made an offer on Machado but it’s definitely not a good one and won’t happen. Braves have one of if not the best farm systems and he’s not going to give that up for a rental. Or at least he’s said anyway.

I dont think that Dansby or Camargo are doing bad enough to warrant a huge trade to replace one of them. The biggest hole on the Braves is relief pitching and if they’re going to spend big, that’s where it should be.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

jit bull transpile posted:

It wasn't not running out a grounder. The defender hosed up a throw and inciarte didn't advance to 2nd on it for some reason, which ended up costing them a run in that inning. The manager pulled him from the game for it so at the very least his coaches think it's a problem.

No, it wasn’t even that. He popped the ball up a mile and what should have been a routine fly ball got dropped and he was only trotting to first. Had he been running he would have been on 2nd and eventually come around to score.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Id love to see a guy pop up, yell "gently caress" then Just full on sprint to first

Who was the guy we had a few years ago, white dude, I think he had buzzed hair and was a utility player.

I dont care if it was a dribbler to SS or a pop up to center, that dude trucked it to 1B every time, running as hard as he could.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like Wrigley, it has a charm to it and I definitely wouldn't call it a dump. Going to Wrigley and then to Suntrust in the same week really highlighted how small Wrigley is though. Wrigley's seating capacity is a smidge more but Suntrust just felt bigger somehow. It's not even big as far as stadiums go.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
gently caress yeah Freddie is in the HR Derby

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I like those numbers on Freddie too and he’s the reason I’m excited about the Derby for the first time in forever.

I’ve still watched in past years but this year I’m actually pretty stoked

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Freddie in the 4 spot, Harper in 6th behind Kemp, Javy as leadoff.

A good lineup

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Timby posted:

- Baltimore is selling everything not nailed down to the walls (read: Chris Davis' contract) at Camden, with Machado and Britton being their top pieces
- The Mets are rumored to be dangling deGrom and others, but the price tag--especially for deGrom--is said to be astronomical
- The Marlins are said to be listening to offers on Realmuto and others
- A bunch of teams have called Tampa Bay about Eovaldi but their demands are reportedly high
- Both the Red Sox and Braves have called the Royals about Moustakas
- Minnesota is said to be ready to move Dozier if they fall further out of contention

This poo poo and the Manny2Braves talk pisses me off so much. We don't need a 3rd baseman. We need pitchers.

Camargo: .248/.346/.422 OPS+ 111
Moustakas: .249/.306/.466 OPS+ 109

Why yes, lets trade for a guy that's basically putting up the same production as the guy we already have for no reason

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I have a Braves Jason Heyward bobblehead where he's diving for a ball. It came in three pieces: J-Hey figure, 3" long metal rod that you stab into his stomach on one end and the base in the other.

It was tough to put together because the pre drilled hole in the base was too small, so I'm pushing all three pieces together as hard as I can and the base gives, driving the rod through the base and into my hand. It didn't go all the way through but you could see the skin on the back side of my hand being raised up by the post.

Never got another bobblehead after that

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Uhhhh Charlie Culberson is hitting .280 i know this isnt the GDT but i feel like it should be brought in N/V because what the gently caress

And he’s 4/5 tonight :v:

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I mean I guess?

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

I knew the Braves would start to sputter out of the picture but its still sad to watch happen. I think AA could have easily righted the ship by making a big trade or two

Still think he won’t do something? Or has he said he won’t? He’s got until Tuesday and there’s rumors about Beltre for some reason.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
As a Braves fan Joe Simpson is terrible

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I love that AA is trading for dudes with money we can’t spend anyway

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Kolby Allard is making his MLB debut on Tuesday against the Marlins, so it’s likely he nor Gohara will be a part of any trade.

Braves are about to start a stretch of 37 games in 38 Days so they’re probably bringing him in for spot starts.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
God dammit Newk.

What were the tweets? The article just references them but doesn’t say what he actually said.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
There’s no way anyone trades for him unless they think they can also sign him to a new contract

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Say what now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/GabeBurnsAJC/status/1024131405234753538