Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UnderFreddy
Oct 9, 2012

GEGENPOSTING

The author really likes Denmark it seems. Connie randomly said "Værste" which is of course danish and also makes pretty much no sense. And the other team? school? is named Fredericia Girls with Fredericia being a city in Denmark (and from googling nothing in Japan so completely made up).

Liking the show so far, though!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

UnderFreddy posted:

The author really likes Denmark it seems. Connie randomly said "Vrste" which is of course danish and also makes pretty much no sense. And the other team? school? is named Fredericia Girls with Fredericia being a city in Denmark (and from googling nothing in Japan so completely made up).

Liking the show so far, though!

Denmark is pretty big on badminton. I guess the best in the Western world.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Watched all four available eps today. This is really solid it’s only flaws imho were the bizarre jiggle physics in that opening scene, and (episode 3 spoiler) protagonist’s mum leaving her because she had a cold and lost one match :wtc: lol that’s ridiculous i hope she returns later on with an actual explanation

also the thread could use a funnier/more clever title

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Lube Enthusiast posted:

Watched all four available eps today. This is really solid it’s only flaws imho were the bizarre jiggle physics in that opening scene, and (episode 3 spoiler) protagonist’s mum leaving her because she had a cold and lost one match :wtc: lol that’s ridiculous i hope she returns later on with an actual explanation

also the thread could use a funnier/more clever title

Badmomton.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
I tried with Hanebado! - An Awful Racket, but was apparently shot down. :(

And yeah, god-awful move, mom. :mad:

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

If this show doesn't have her evil mom watching her play while doing the iconic Gendo pose (the one where his fingers are together and his mouth obscured) it's really missing an oppurtunity.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

Gendo cosplayers almost always posing with a “world’s best dad” mug in frame has never failed to make me giggle

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Radish posted:

If this show doesn't have her evil mom watching her play while doing the iconic Gendo pose (the one where his fingers are together and his mouth obscured) it's really missing an oppurtunity.

I'd love it if she just walks up to Ayano and simply says "You're adopted." and then reveals a massive album full of random badminton children she's raised and abandoned before watching her play and assuming that pose.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

HerpicleOmnicron5 posted:

I'd love it if she just walks up to Ayano and simply says "You're adopted." and then reveals a massive album full of random badminton children she's raised and abandoned before watching her play and assuming that pose.
That'd be dumber than the Saint Seiya reveal that Mr. Kido is the dad of most of the Saints.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.
That Ayano face at the end of today's episode was downright terrifying

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Alfalfa The Roach posted:

That Ayano face at the end of today's episode was downright terrifying

You weren't kidding :stonk:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Claudia: learns the value of lighthearted anime bath molestation

Ayano: back to having her mind slowly disintegrated

It's true what they say, the badminton life just ain't fair

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

I don't think she needs a bad parent like that.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

This show needs therapy.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
Hanebado! - Babes, brooding and Badmom

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

They really didn't cut corners, did they.

Honestly the thread title at this point should be Hanebado! Get therapy. Including physical, because ouch at that calf muscle snap.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jul 30, 2018

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Breaking news: Mom still a jerk.

Also the ED is longer this week. Scenes from the current episode and stuff. I wonder why. :thunk:

Negostrike fucked around with this message at 05:16 on Jul 30, 2018

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

badminton mom is a bad lady!!

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
I do like how the show doesn’t take the characters’ drama entirely seriously. Especially since the moral seems to be ‘yo, you girls are getting way too het up about a fun game’.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Man, what the gently caress, Mom? :catstare:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

I have the sneaking feeling the show is gonna try and do something to redeem bad mom

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

She had to leave to protect them from the badminton mafia.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I have the sneaking feeling the show is gonna try and do something to redeem bad mom

It's what I've thought but they keep making her worse and worse. Revealing she was emotionally manipulative/borderline abusive even during the "good times" and is doing the same to other kids is gonna make it real hard to portray her as anything but a complete garbage person.

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

Maybe she'll snob her jerkass mom when she becomes the world's best badminton player or whatever. I can't see a reasonable redemption scenario on this.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Negrostrike posted:

Maybe she'll snob her jerkass mom when she becomes the world's best badminton player or whatever. I can't see a reasonable redemption scenario on this.

I feel like becoming world's best badminton player would just make the mom happy, even if she told her mom to gently caress off on live TV or something.

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Demicol posted:

I feel like becoming world's best badminton player would just make the mom happy, even if she told her mom to gently caress off on live TV or something.

What if she became the best pairs player?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

SatoshiMiwa posted:

I dunno, my theory of the network of badminton babies is getting more credence.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

Good focus on Riko this week. Her siblings are hella cute.

Shame she lost though :(

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Ayano was kind of a poo poo to Riko there.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Next episode, Ayano snaps and decapitates pink haired girl with her ultimate killer move while bad mom nods approvingly. Just as planned.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk

Oh Snapple! posted:

Ayano was kind of a poo poo to Riko there.

She's got all the social grace of a defrocked shuttlecock. Not at all unlike her evil Danish twin sister.

As with most things in this show, the root cause of the problem is Badmomton

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Somebody had better get mad next episode when they realize who Ayano's mom is. Up until now they've basically been taking all these rival characters coming outta nowhere and hammering on Ayano's insecurities with this bland kinda acceptance and it's really taking me out of things.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

If anyone wants a preview of the next episode, I have provided it (spoilers, duh):

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

lol

oh lord the uniform

Knorth fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Aug 6, 2018

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

The uniform looks like a mecha pilot suit...

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Riko... :smith: I'm glad Aragaki was there for her

also the little Izumi family :3:

Negostrike
Aug 15, 2015

What about Fredericia's uniforms? Half of it is a swimsuit. Left crotch exposed to the air.

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Lol yea that's an odd one

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Negrostrike posted:

What about Fredericia's uniforms? Half of it is a swimsuit. Left crotch exposed to the air.

That's just the Denmark side saying hello :denmark:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Can't wait for next week.

• Locked thread