Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Sargeant Thyrakos, 1st Company

quote:

You know what this is? A drat chore. I had to show up that loving chaplain one too many loving times, and now I get hulk clearing duty. Ah, what the hell. It'll let me take the volkite for a spin.

No-one seems to know why a warrior of Thyrakos' valor and experience has been assigned to this mission, and he glares at anyone who asks until they leave, which means it's probably the ugly specter of chapter poltics rearing its head. Regardless, he's definitely the man for the job -- as the saying in his squad goes, when you don't have a bulkhead, take cover behind the Sargeant -- and no one can yell quite as loud as he can when it comes to leading a charge.

quote:

Name: Thyrakos
Race: Marine
Career: 1st Company Veteran (Vetran of the Long War)
Pride: Readiness (Wealth)
Disgrace: Hubris
Motivation: Perfection
Heroic Ideal: Sanguinius (Aligned Khorne)

Characteristics
WS : 64 = 30 + 9 + 10 + 15
BS : 28 = 30 + 1 - 3 +
S : 44 = 30 + 4 + + 10
T : 59 = 30 + 9 + + 20
AG : 32 = 30 + 5 - 3 +
INT : 28 = 30 + 2 - 4 +
PER : 35 = 30 + 5 + +
WP : 35 = 30 + 3 + 2 +
FEL : 43 = 30 + 8 + + 05

Infamy: 44=24+15+5
Wounds: 19
Corruption: 30
Initiative: 2d10k1+3

Skills:
Athletics
Awareness +10
Charm +10
Common Lore (War, Tech)
Command
Dodge
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, The Horus Heresy and the Long War, Heresy, Psykers)
Intimidation
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Surface)
Parry +10
Scholastic Lore (Tactica Imperialis)

Talents:
Air of Authority
Ambidextrous
Ancient Warrior
Bulging Biceps
Enemy (Traitor Astartes)
Hatred (Traitor Astartes, Heretics)
Legion Weapon Training
Lightning Reflexes
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Jaded
Nerves of Steel
Peer (Astartes, Imperial Officers)
Quick Draw
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poisons)
Unarmed Warrior
Unshakeable Will

Traits:
Amphibious
Unnatural Strength (+4)
Unnatural Toughness (+4)

Abilities:
Veteran's Resolve (Unstoppable Wrath): Spend an IP to make an opposed Strength +0 roll to ignore an enemy's parry, or to roll Toughness +0 to ignore Injury, Stunning, Fatigue, or Death (once per fight) for 1 round.
Holy Contempt (Abhorrence Unchained): When killing an enemy who fits a Hatred talent, roll Infamy +10 to gain Fear 2 and +1 Damage against that type of enemy for the rest of the encounter.

Mutations:

Gear:
Legionnaire Power Armour, Legionnaire Bolter, Legionnaire Combat Knife, four magazines for starting weapon
Legion Bolt Pistol with 2 Magazines, 1 Legion Frag Grenade, 1 Legion Krak Grenade, Legion Chainaxe
Company Standard (Trophy Rack)

Acquisitions (4 starting):
GC Legion Terminator Armor (-30 rarity/AW -10 GC +20 wealth +10 single +10 ex wealth)
Heresy-Pattern Volkite Spraygun (Clarion Cannon (-20 rarity +10 single +10 ex wealth))
The Testing Fist of Saint Drusius (Bonecrusher Mace w/ cursed metal (-30 rarity +10 single +10 ex wealth +10 CM))
Battle Honor of Virtuous Choler (Skull Totem (-20 rarity +10 single +10 ex wealth)

Advancements (14900/15000):
VotLW 3600
Clarion Cannon Prof 500
INF +5 500
Hatred (Daemons) 300
Hatred (Mutants) 300
Hatred (Orks) 300
Hatred (Eldar) 300
Excessive Wealth 1000
WS +5 250
WS +10 500
WS +15 750
S +5 100
S +10 250
T +5 250
T +10 500
T +15 750
T +20 1000
Berserk Charge 200
Crushing Blow 400
Hammer Blow 400
Swift Attack 300
True Grit 750
Command +10 200
Command +20 400
Command +30 600
Fel +5 500

chargen: 10#1d10 5 4 2 9 8 5 1 1 3 9
inf wounds: 2#1d5 5 4

Just how many things can you fit on one terminator's back, anyway?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Deployment Journal of Sargeant Thyrakos, 1st Company
At least I won't be dying alone. Half the bloody chapter have been mobilized for this operation - everyone who wasn't already deployed, all their serfs and support staff, even some mortals who owed the chapter master a favor. I doubt those latter will last. Of course, I've been lumped in with some of the worst of the lot, because apparently you shouldn't duel an enemy commander before the Reclusiarch gets a chance to offer a challenge. Ingrate. Well, keeping this journal is my duty - not that anyone will ever read it - so in no particular order, here are the men who will share my grave.

Brother Catchibald: If Catchibald's here, either the deployment can't be all that bad or I'm doomed for sure. Command wouldn't risk those pies unless it was absolutely necessary.

Antiquarian Xaiphos: A little overzealous in the chapter's quest, but who says that's a bad thing? One look at my weaponry will tell you just how far we've fallen. He keeps doing it, I'll tell you. Won't stop asking about what my armor can take. Probably means someone plans on using me as cover. Again.

Chaplain Aster: About the only skull faced bastard in the chapter I actually like. At least he has the stones to stand up front with the real fighters. Let's hope he still remembers to give me room to swing.

Captain Orlov: They're even deploying the master of the armory. Outrageous. Who keeps track of logistics if he dies in the field? drat it, my whole job is to be the man in the middle of the mess so he doesn't have to be. Well, he'll be here to patch up my armor punctures. Throne knows I'll be getting them.

Sargeant Solomon: At least we're getting the organ grinder, and not the animals. I don't think I could manage a gaggle of initiates right now. He's about as reliable as any of those sneak-thieves who stay with the recon elements, which is to say, not very. There's just something about him that puts me off.

The nitwit with the long name: I'm not going to try to remember it, and I'm certain it won't matter. I think this man has been completely sloshed for the whole trip. He must spend a fortune on augmetic livers.

Francisco de Borgia:Here for the payday, I suppose. Not that it matters. The librarium will hold everyone who isn't chapter personnel upside down and shake them before they step onto a ship off this scrap heap, but who knows? Men have gotten rich on riskier jobs.

• Locked thread