Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010

"It cannot be overstated how much we have forgotten, and how vital it is that we remember. The citizenry of the Imperium cannot recall our Golden Age because of the Age of Strife that followed it. They are insulated from and kept ignorant to the greatest achievements of our past to protect them from the corruption that followed. It prevents Chaos from sowing its seeds, but it also erodes the people's will--their spirit even. It drives them down into a support that only serves to grind the gears of our War Eternal. This is a recipe for generations of people knowing nothing but war, and with no idea of how to do anything else.

"I endeavor to create something better. The correct knowledge can uplift us once again and return the Imperium's splendor. It must only be found. And it is out there, hidden or forgotten, but not lost. It is in the worlds swallowed by the Eye of Terror and in the cogitators of the Men of Iron. It is in the ancient STC formulas and the venerable Machine Spirits of our grand battleships. Consequently, one of those just happened to come out of hiding, and the prospect of unlocking its secrets is...tantalizing.

"We'll get there first. I'm sure of it. We are the Blood Ravens and acquiring the secrets of the past is what we do. I have an entire Reliquary brimming with Saint-Blessed icons, daemonic grimoires, sacred machines, and illuminated scrolls that say we are very good at our divine task. Yet, none of them come close to the trove on that ship. It will not be the final step, but it is certainly the next step that we must take to defeat our enemies and lead the Imperium back towards our own light. His Will be done.

"For the Emperor."

pre:
Name: Xaiphos the Erudite, Blood Raven Antiquarian
Archetype: Alpha Legion Marine
Alignment: Unaligned
Pride: Foresight
Disgrace: Deceit
Motivation: Legacy

Characteristics: 
WS:  37 (30+07)
BS:  54 (30+14) [+10 Advance]
S:   38 (30+08)
T:   50 (30+15) [+5 Advance] 
Ag:  49 (30+14) [+5 Advance]
Int: 60 (30+19) [+5 Archetype] [-4 Motivation] [+10 Advance]
Per: 51 (30+16) [+5 Archetype] [-4 Disgrace] [+5 Advance]
WP:  48 (30+13) [+5 Advance] 
Fel: 35 (30+10) [-5 Archetype]

Wounds:  19/19 
IP:        4/4    
Infamy:     42 [+2 Disgrace] [+2 Motivation]
Corruption: 30

Skills:

Athletics
Awareness (+10)
Common Lore (All)
Deceive (+30)
Dodge (+10)
Linguistics (Low Gothic)
Logic
Navigate (Surface)
Operate (Surface)
Parry
Scholastic Lore (All)
Scrutiny
Stealth (+20)
Survival
Tech-Use (+10)
Forbidden Lore (Adeptus Astartes, Archeotech +10, Daemonology, Psykers, The Horus Heresy and the Long War,
                The Warp, Xenos)

Talents:

Ambidextrous
Ancient Warrior
Bolter Drill
Bulging Biceps
Combat Formation
Deadeye Shot
Disarm
Enemy (Inquisition)
Excessive Wealth
Eye of Vengence
Foresight
Legion Weapon Training
Marksman
Heightened Senses (Hearing, Sight)
Hip Shooting
Infused Knowledge
Jaded
Mighty Shot
Nerves of Steel
Polyglot
Quick Draw
Rapid Reload
Resistance (Cold, Heat, Poisons)
Sharpshooter
Storm of Iron
Technical Knock
Unarmed Warrior
Weapon Training (Plasma)
Wisdom of the Ancients

Traits:

Amphibious
Deceitful Tactics
Insurrectionist
Unnatural Strength (+4)
Unnatural Toughness (+4)

Gear:
Legion Power Armor
 - Scavenged Reconstruction
 - Auto-senses
 - Sustainable Power Source
 - Vox Link
Legion Bolt Pistol w/ 3 Mags
Legion Boltgun w/ 3 Mags
4 Legion Frag Grenades
Demolition Kit
Cameleonine Cloak

Acquisitions:
Legion Combi-Plasma
Infernal Star
Good Embedded Auspex
Combi-tool 

Advances:              14950/15000

Khorne   -  1
Nurgle   -  3
Slaanesh -  1
Tzeentch - 12

Weapon Training (Plasma) Free
Alpha Legion Marine 3600
BS +5 250
BS +10 500
Toughness +5 250
Agility +5 250
Intelligence +5 250
Intelligence +10 500
Perception +5 250
Willpower +5 250
Forbidden Lore
--Archeotech 200
--Archeotech +10 350
--Daemonology 200
--The Warp 200
--Xenos 200
Logic 200
Stealth +20 500
Survival 200
Tech-Use 200
Tech-Use +10 350
Infused Knowledge 750
Wisdom of the Ancients 500
Polyglot 250
Deadeye Shot 250
Excessive Wealth 250
Technical Knock 250
Weapon Tech 250
Marksman 500
Sharpshooter 500
Storm of Iron 500
Bolter Drill 750
Mighty Shot 750
Eye of Vengence 750

-----------------------------------------------------

WS     BS    S     T     Ag     Int    Per    WP    Fel  
37     54    58    50    49     60     51     48    35

Wounds: 19/19    Infamy 4/4   Fatigue Level: 0    Initiative: 1d10+6
Ground: 5/10/15/30

SB: 9  TB: 9
Awareness: 51 (+10 for sight and hearing, +10 with helmet, +20 with auspex)
Command: 35
Dodge: 59
Parry: 37

Armour: 8 All
Field: 50/1-10

Weapons: 
Legion Bolt Pistol     30m  S/2/-  1d10+9  X  Pen 4  Clip:  8/8    Full   Tearing
Legion Bolter         100m  S/3/-  1d10+9  X  Pen 4  Clip: 24/24   Full   Tearing
Legion Combi-Plasma   100m  S/3/-  1d10+9  X  Pen 4  Clip: 24/24   Full   Tearing, Reliable
                       90m  S/-/-  1d10+8  E  Pen 10 Clip:  1/1   5Full   Maximal, Overheat, Reliable
Legion Frag Grenade    21m  S/-/-  2d10+2  X  Pen 0  Clip:  4/4     --    Blast 4  
Unarmed                ---  Melee  1d10+9  I  Pen 0  Clip:  ---     --    Primitive 7

ilootthecorpse fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Jul 9, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ilootthecorpse
Oct 13, 2010
Xaiphos Preliminary Investigation Report; Operation Clean Sweep
PERSONNEL

Brother Catchibald: The Chapter Librarian has been a vexing enigma to me since I endeavored to verify the truth about him. Convivial rumors about Brother Catchibald suggest that he may in fact be three Ratlings in a stolen suit of armor. The Librarian's tiny face and even tinier voice seem to support that, but I've never read anything to suggest a Ratling could be one of the most potent psykers in recent history. I have attempted on several occasions to place him under close personal observation, but thus far all I have been able to conclude is that Brother Catchibald is never outside of his armor, even in leisure, and that he must have determined a way to infuse his pies with psyker energies. The Codex has no guidance on whether this is blasphemous.

Discovering Catchibald's secret would provide considerable leverage. Continue observations.

Aster the Blue Wake: The Chaplain and I have built somewhat of a professional rapport in recent years. The dynamic generally follows that he find me in the Reliquary, begins something with "You know what I loving hate?", and then proceeds to spend the next one to five hours expressing exactly what it is that he hates. It is generally some variation on how nobody knows why the Chapter Master chose our current mission, how a particular neophyte cannot discern their own head from their rectum, or how the Reclusiarch is giving him "hemorrhoids from being so far up his rear end." If it weren't for our physiology making it quite impossible I would swear he was very drunk. Still, his droning is meditative when I am hard at work and he accepts the occasional "hmm" or "you don't say" as conversation.

Aster's belief in our piety to the Chapter's ideology provides an opportunity. Precise syntax may allow us to perform actions contrary to the interests of the Chapter without provoking suspicion.

Brother-Captain Orlov: It would be impossible to not feel a kinship with the Keeper of the Armory. He and I both maintain a fervent interest in the exotic and secret technologies of the Golden Age, although his interest rests more in their destructive capabilities. I have attempted to engage him in debates about whether weaponized force or caustic politics are more destructive to a society, but he refuses to see the danger from anything that does not leave behind craters or molten slag. I suppose when you spend every day cataloguing the full force that can be brought to bear by a complete Chapter of the Emperor's Right Hand it makes anything less than a total invasion from a Hive Fleet seem unworthy of consideration.

Orlov is very enthusiastic to experiment with new methods of causing destruction. It may be possible to evoke an excessive escalation of force if he is given the opportunity to use a new technology. Possible daemon weapon candidate?

Sergeant Matias Solomon: The Sergeant has a very interesting record of service. It occurred to me that I had not heard much about him prior to his inclusion on this mission, and so I thought to take a trip down to the librarium. His record was in a section much older than I had expected and his commendations appear in sporadic bursts between years of apparent inactivity. I haven't heard a word against him from any of the other Brothers, but that only raises my curiosity. I should keep a close eye on him during the mission to discern more about him. It's odd to know so little about him when I know so much about everybody else...

I suspect that he is an agent for another power. His secrecy and how convenient his appearance is suggests that he may be part of the Inquisition. However, if he is in the employ of the Ruinous Powers I have a certain suspicion about to whom he belongs. I'll root out the truth before this is over. For the Emperor

Sergeant Thyrakos: It is hard to imagine a greater boon to have on this mission than Thyrakos. His record of service in inscrutable and his wealth of experience will be invaluable. He also comes equip with Terminator armor and a full heavy weapon compliment. Unfortunately the sergeant and I haven't had much by way of personal contact. Occasionally he will happen by the Reliquary to drop off something acquired during the proceeding mission, but he doesn't have much interest in staying a while to listen to the relic's possible history and significance.

Thyrakos is the preeminent threat on this mission. His protection and firepower are practically insurmountable given my current armaments. It would behoove me to maintain positive interaction unless a significant advantage is available.

Lord Captain Vespasian Osgrim Thurgood-Redcliffe XIV: When I heard that there was going to be a Rogue Trader on the mission I took it upon myself to research his Charter. It has an impressive history of exploration and conquest, but since the Lord Captain has taken command the ship's missions have taken a dramatic turn towards trophy collecting. Mostly biological specimens I understand, but all experience has its merits. I suppose having use of his ship will allow me to inspect them once we are on board. I have had a scant few opportunities to speak with Captain Vespasian, and in most of those cases I generally remember listening. He has a tendency to ramble from one thread to the next along his stream of consciousness.

The Lord Captain has a taste for exotic adversaries and a wandering mind. I believe that verbal coaxing may be able to implant suggestions in such a way that he believes them to be his own ideas.

Francisco de Borja: This one is most certainly playing cuckoo. I enjoy a good ruse and his was rather refreshing to puzzle out. The story downplaying his origins and abilities were believable and his interactions with the rest of the crew haven't been so specific as to let anything crucial slip. I have also notice that he is most careful to minimize his contact with me. Understandable, but futile. I am aware of anything being brought into this fleet and a personal box containing well-maintained archeotech weaponry is not something that escapes my notice. That the weapons belong to him was an easy deduction, which leads me to believe that he has considerable expertise.

Francisco is a likely candidate for initiation. He most certainly has ulterior motives for this mission. So long as those motives align with my own, I will begin memetic conditioning for future recruitment.

• Locked thread