Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«34 »
Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

spb posted:

He is always injured

This is what happens when you do MMA without steroids. Your body can't recover as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

Waroduce posted:

If it's that serious athletes will use a catheder to inject clean piss into their bladders. This requires forewarning of when the test will be and a contact who understands how to insert urine through your dick hole into your bladder.

It's not pleasent.

Played baseball in college new some football and baseball kids who did it. The school learns about your test sometime between 2 to 4 days before hand and will generally turn around and tell the athlete.

USADA does alot of random poo poo so it's probably harder for fighters

today i learned athletes inject piss into themselves for an advantage

Wise Learned Man
Apr 22, 2008

An ill wind blows no minds.

Lipstick Apathy

Collapsing Farts posted:

welcome to the machida era

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

duckin 4 cover lol. u don't get to see the good fight b*tch

25 minutes in a cage with yoel Romero usually results in a moderate to severe case of dead I think whittaker did really well on that front.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

plz remember that it was ~ME~ who told you that everything you like is actually really not good, because I knew all along.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlQwXEB...d=1divh0a6vhwr9

quote:

thenotoriousmmaToday I was invited to the World Cup final as a guest of Russian President Vladimir Putin.
This man is one of the greatest leaders of our time and I was honored to attend such a landmark event alongside him.
Today was an honor for me Mr. Putin. Thank you

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

UFC pushing for Khabib v Conor in moscow imo.

Keep kadyrov out of the picture and I'm ok with it. (They won't.)

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

*~ayoo comin thru~*

Southpaugh posted:

UFC pushing for Khabib v Conor in moscow imo.

Keep kadyrov out of the picture and I'm ok with it. (They won't.)

I mean, if they're doing Moscow that's probably more Putin turf and I don't think him and Kadyrov are exactly buddies, but I also don't know poo poo about Russian regional politics.

I guess Khabib being so high profile inevitably means some Kadyrov bullshit will come along with it.

Dan Didio
Apr 6, 2009

OMG!! WeareSOawesome!!

I still don't understand what the incentive is for them to fight in Russia.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

Donald Trump is a friend of the UFC and a friend of Russia. It makes sense.

spb
Nov 11, 2013

Dan Didio posted:

Tax free money from brain dead Slavs.

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Dan Didio posted:

I don't think the UFC will give Russia Nurmagomedov vs. McGregor unless Russia outright bribes the UFC with a lot of money (which is possible, I guess) like they tried to get from Hawaii. Even then, they'd have to have the card at an odd local time to make it easy for the US to buy the PPV.

Southpaugh
May 26, 2007

Smokey Bacon

CRISPYBABY posted:

I mean, if they're doing Moscow that's probably more Putin turf and I don't think him and Kadyrov are exactly buddies, but I also don't know poo poo about Russian regional politics.

I guess Khabib being so high profile inevitably means some Kadyrov bullshit will come along with it.

afaik Kadyrov is putins puppet dictator in chechnya, he'll definitely be floating around.

Its the idea of having a big market of terminally macho men to show punchsports to - They are wanting/hoping that somewhere in the world there'll be the country that is completely MMA obsessed and I think they are hoping that that country is Russia. I think you need to have more of an established middle class to get what they want, they've already tried china and reception has been lukewarm. If they can make a profit on cheap tickets and big events maybe that makes sense?

It seems like a waste of time, it'll just attract russian gangsters and chuds. Key demographic?

I am Otis
Sep 22, 2003

I'm a chud

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

Collapsing Farts posted:

Oh my sweet child.. that is only the beginning

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

If you're gonna do it, do it with ~*~Axefaire~*~

Collapsing Farts posted:

you gotta watch out for the ones that just do it for fun

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me

i met my hero, sage northcutt, today

https://twitter.com/sagenorthcutt/s...362370068492288

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
ASK ME ABOUT MY SELF-PUBLISHED WARHAMMER FANFICTION AND MY KNIFE COLLECTION

He really does look like a Ken Doll. One that does heaps of steroids

spb
Nov 11, 2013

Which one is Sage?

Foul Fowl
Sep 12, 2008

Gonzaga Karate is back!

i like sage northcutt and i hope that he becomes a great fighter without disappearing in a mountain of cocaine

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rigel
Nov 11, 2016

Foul Fowl posted:

i like sage northcutt and i hope that he becomes a great fighter without disappearing in a mountain of cocaine

I would be stunned if he ever got caught vaping.

«34 »