Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
Having "obvious concussion like symptoms" for days and then successfully convincing his team to get him back into open workouts. That's a lot of people who let this guy put himself into more and more danger.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
They were trying to give him the opportunity to be a warrior

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Max is 26 and he has had 18 UFC fights That does not bode well for his long-term health.

Note that Aaron Hernandez was 27 when he died.

Brown Paper Bag
Nov 3, 2012

I know they are blaming concussion but that’s gotta be a cover story for a bad weight cut

Max is a large featherweight and would have to start his cut process well in advance of the fight

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Max's schedule plus giant weight cut plus style of fighting that encourages people to punch him in the head a ton makes this less surprising.

also, gently caress everything

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

That’s another card I’m going to that’s losing it’s best fight. I guess at least John Jones didn’t cause this one.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress gently caress!

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

Brown Paper Bag posted:

I know they are blaming concussion but that’s gotta be a cover story for a bad weight cut

Max is a large featherweight and would have to start his cut process well in advance of the fight

I don’t see why the hell they would cover up a bad weight cut with a concussion story. A major concussion is a much worse look.

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy
Of course. I made the mistake of allowing myself to feel excited, and even a little bit happy. This was inevitable.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
Please don't be tj Grant. But also, if it is, please do what he did Max.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
drat. That's awful.

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010

Marching Powder posted:

how did he cop a hit that big this close to the event. surely you cut out hard sparring a few weeks out

You can just be really loving unlucky.

Psychepath posted:

Having "obvious concussion like symptoms" for days and then successfully convincing his team to get him back into open workouts. That's a lot of people who let this guy put himself into more and more danger.

Remember that this is a sport and a culture where cornermen shoved someone who'd lost all four rounds out into the fifth round despite their fighter wanting to quit. And the fighter ended up apologising to their cornermen.

Brown Paper Bag posted:

"No, he's not bad at cutting weight, he just got drat near knocked out less than a week from the fight"

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

For fucks sake

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Reading the symptoms this seems much worse than a concussion and that further testing is needed means they don't know yet whats going on which is much scarier.

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

jay z's sedan posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/JustBleedMMA/status/1014708930545504256

https://twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1014728614607278080

Lid fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jul 5, 2018

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Marching Powder posted:

Please don't be tj Grant. But also, if it is, please do what he did Max.

yeah please this. he really didnt look good, i hope hes ok

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
It doesn’t take a big hit or almost getting knocked out to give you a concussion.

Dirt Road Junglist
Oct 8, 2010

We will be cruel
And through our cruelty
They will know who we are

Marching Powder posted:

how did he cop a hit that big this close to the event. surely you cut out hard sparring a few weeks out

I trained for two and a half years, and the worst concussion I got was from a no-strikes rolling session. I went to sit up and reach for a kimura while my sparring partner went to push his head into my chest. His brow went smack right into my right temple, and I lost a couple middle school algebra classes.

But in all seriousness, I was a wreck at work because I literally couldn't hold a thought in my head long enough to do my job. My entire head ached for two weeks. Sometimes, I burst into tears and couldn't understand why. I spent that time pedaling listlessly on the recumbent bike and wondered if I'd ever feel normal again.

Concussions suck.

vainman
Nov 2, 2012

I find your lack of faith... disturbing

Dirt Road Junglist posted:

I trained for two and a half years, and the worst concussion I got was from a no-strikes rolling session. I went to sit up and reach for a kimura while my sparring partner went to push his head into my chest. His brow went smack right into my right temple, and I lost a couple middle school algebra classes.

But in all seriousness, I was a wreck at work because I literally couldn't hold a thought in my head long enough to do my job. My entire head ached for two weeks. Sometimes, I burst into tears and couldn't understand why. I spent that time pedaling listlessly on the recumbent bike and wondered if I'd ever feel normal again.

Concussions suck.

Yeah, that's an interesting thing about grappling, you can always get hosed up. In boxing you typically go body only in the last two weeks, but some camps are more violent

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
gently caress. It's just fitting in this universe that a guy with so much loving talent, such a perfect mind for fighting and who also seems like a nice guy has something this worrying happen. Hope he's okay.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bk1wRZKFTQG/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=ke11oe2h31bx

In other news here's Matt serra vs the Chairman

Gay Horney fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jul 5, 2018

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

If its this bad Max should sit out a year at least.

Gay Horney
Feb 10, 2013

by Reene
https://youtu.be/bd0PUAJvg5Y
Maxes eyes are going two different directions this interview and Bisping calls him out

TheRationalRedditor
Jul 17, 2000

WHO ABUSED HIM. WHO ABUSED THE BOY.
Well he's got a 2nd career playing Rocky at Planet Hollywoods just waiting for him if this doesn't pan out

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

This is fantastic, glad no one got hurt

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive

jay z's sedan posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loving knew it

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
too big for featherweight

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
hopefully DC's cut goes ok

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
sounds more like a serious viral infection or something to me. if the team he works with cant point out anything that might have caused it then i doubt he took any big risks in training

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

They might just be covering their asses but I think, and hope it isn’t, but it might just be the reality of being in MMA and Kickboxing from a young age.

Concussions are terrible and I can’t imagine trying to start a weight cut with one.

I got one once from leaning into a headkick,, went home unawares and got blackout drunk on whiskey and spent a month wishing I was dead.

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
hopefully he doesn't have post concussion syndrome

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Dan Didio posted:

went home unawares and got blackout drunk on whiskey and spent a month wishing I was dead.

yikes dude. glad you're alive.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation

I.N.R.I posted:

sounds more like a serious viral infection or something to me. if the team he works with cant point out anything that might have caused it then i doubt he took any big risks in training

I hope so because we're not going to see him fighting much ever again if it isn't

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Marching Powder posted:

yikes dude. glad you're alive.

lol, the hosed up thing was I didn't even get buzzed and I've never been dropped so I was just like, "Oh well, cool, thank you, chin," and then two days later my brain felt like the two halves were trying to separate and I couldn't walk at all.

Matt Lindland posted:

I hope so because we're not going to see him fighting much ever again if it isn't

Yeah, I wish it were just routine complications, but his team is saying that he hadn't even really started his weight cut and if that's true, then gently caress.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Also, Ortega wants to wait for Max and also, lol,

https://twitter.com/MMAjunkieJohn/status/1014790975410003969

jay z's sedan
Nov 22, 2005

milk truck just arrive
belts for everyone

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Ol' Frankie Twenty Times.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

Jeremy Stephens (@LilHeathenMMA)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

After seeing those interviews Max should absolutely not be fighting and the people on his team should not have let him go on television like that even if he protested and still planned to fight like the reports say

Max right now looks and sounds like people expect Cowboy to look and sound years from now - that poo poo is scary

• Locked thread