Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

It’s getting really hard to stay hyped about the UFC nowadays :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

dsriggs posted:

A man who hasn't won a fight in 2,927 days and hasn't had a fight period in 729 days is apparently first in line for the heavyweight title.

The gently caress happened to the big gay sport I loved? :(

Brock is literally a once in a lifetime athlete. The dude has done whatever he wants for his entire life and has somehow succeeded in most of it. He deserves all the hate he gets but when he’s doing something, specifically when he’s genuinely competing, it’s a thing you watch.

DC vs Lesnar is awesome. It’s a circus fight. It’s a legitimate fight. It’s a dumb wwe levels of hype fight.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Mean Bean Machine posted:

how the hell does Miocic take shots from Overeem, JDS, Werdum, Ngannou, Mark Hunt and eat them like they're nothing, and then gets knocked out by DC. that to me is the craziest thing. DC has never been considered a powerful guy, unlike some of those guys Miocic has fought

DC seems way stronger than everyone gives him credit for. He’s a great striker too.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Eat This Glob posted:

Dude is 0-2-1 in his last 3 fights. There's no way in hell it's in any way a meritorious title fight. OTOH, DC deserves the payday heading into retirement, so whatever.

I feel you but who deserves it more? Blaydes? Lewis? There are plenty of talented guys but no one really at the top. I’m down with DC defending the lw strap, then fighting Lesnar, and in the meantime hopefully a top contender will show up.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Agent Tough Juice posted:

Weren't there good posters sometimes in this subforum once? Where did they go and where do I read their comments instead of these?

I was just looking at the UFC schedule and I see "Shogun vs. Smith" is the headliner for an upcoming event. I don't know who this Smith fellow is, but I approve. I see Smith has achieved headlining status by securing victories over the corpses of Hector Lombard and Rashad Evans. What a cool sport.

Sincerity was swapped out for ironic shitposting but there are still good ones around tbh

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

I really want Ngannou to pull back around though. He’s great for the division and UFC in general.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

https://mobile.twitter.com/arielhelwani/status/1016457440764841985

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

Did anyone check if there was a wizard in the crowd stealing his power??

I didn’t see one there, did you Radical 90s Wizard?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Calves are genetic

He has super long legs making his leg muscle look less impressive than his squatty beefy upper body

I love Bork’s weird terrifying body

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Covington really loves wearing his maga hat doesn’t he?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Nick stopped being fun and cool when he started strangling women tbh

• Locked thread