Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

This thread always turns on itself when things are slow and uninteresting

At least there's a big event with a good lineup coming this weekend - that will stop the bloodshed for about 24 hours

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

DoombatINC posted:

Okay I'm gonna skip right past the Danger middle name and go straight to: he named his son a quasi-acronym for Donald Anthony Cerrone + Son, like he's a flustered professor building a boy robot in an Disney live action movie

lol

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Cowboy will die in the cage but only because he'll be 90 and still fighting

Old age or brain damage who could tell at that point

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It was weird seeing Cody clown on Cruz for the entire fight and make his style look super easy to deal with when everyone else has trouble only to get knocked out in his first title defense

MMA is wild

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

tesilential posted:

And gently caress those of you who turn the MM thing into some struggle against the man. This isnít some class warfare poo poo, itís fighting. This thread was kicking rear end for years before anybody posted about PPV buys and draws, now thatís all you idiots talk about.

It's a bold strategy Cotton, let's see if it pays off for him

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

That loving sucks and I feel bad for him

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

After seeing those interviews Max should absolutely not be fighting and the people on his team should not have let him go on television like that even if he protested and still planned to fight like the reports say

Max right now looks and sounds like people expect Cowboy to look and sound years from now - that poo poo is scary

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Conor left one important lesson with the entire roster before he died and they've all taken it to heart - you can't lose if you don't ever fight

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

This image was posted in the thread for last nights card but fuckin' lol at this guy thinking he's a Diaz already and then losing the fight

Mr. Carlisle fucked around with this message at Jul 7, 2018 around 14:31

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mC0_vdcFxEI

Chael gives his last minute opinion on Stipe vs DC after the weigh ins

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

JaySB posted:

Just snagged some last minute seats to the fight. Pretty excited for this card.

Lucky. This is the first show in quite a while I'm really stoked about now that it seems like we only lost one key fight from it. That fight was going to be rad - but the card should still be a great one.

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Congrats to DC for getting both belts and living his wrestling dream all on the same night

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Le Saboteur posted:

The loving questions MMA journos ask. "Did the punch that made you lose consciousness stun you?"

That guy was asking the dumbest questions possible

"Did you see that punch coming?"

"Apparently not - it put me down and finished the fight"

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

One of the best posts in the GDT was someone saying Herb Dean should get a POTN bonus for that

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

dsriggs posted:

A man who hasn't won a fight in 2,927 days and hasn't had a fight period in 729 days is apparently first in line for the heavyweight title.

The gently caress happened to the big gay sport I loved?

All the big draws left to do fake fights for more money

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

remusclaw posted:

Counterpoint; heavyweight is the best because fat guys.

Unless the fat guys literally refuse to fight each other to the point where the ref is all 'could we fight and stuff I mean we're already here'

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

You think anyone wants a roundhouse kick to the face while I'm wearing these bad boys

Forget about it

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Remember when you spent every day posting in the hearthstone thread begging people to watch you stream but then gave up because you couldn't draw more than one or two viewers at a time because you are even less interesting in real life than your gimmick is on here

Fuckin' lol at you acting like you are above it all constantly when you begged people to watch you stream a card game and couldn't get anyone to give a poo poo

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

It gets old seeing people posting on topic and sharing personal experiences and having idiots act like they're trying to shove them in a locker for it

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

DC has definitively proven that you are a better fighter when you don't have to worry about cutting weight

Fat dad DC is the best and most powerful DC

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Bluedeanie posted:

I think there is a big difference in technique though. Johny Hendricks couldn't be distracted from perusing the menu when his wife told him she was pregnant, but Brock's dedication is on a whole other level he had to be reminded he had a wife.

lol

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

if JJ ever gets his poo poo together

I mean there's optimism and then there's fantasy

I would love for fat dad DC to knock out Jones then retire but we are gonna have to settle for Brock

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Brock gets people posting and talking again just like Conor does even if it is about how much of a circus it is so that's always good

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Yeah the problem is that they are trading multiple good shows a year for maybe one big show a year now. Conor or Brock will always be big draws, but I miss the sense of competition that mid-2000s UFC had.

You're not wrong but since most of their bigger draws have left to do fake fighting or retired or are on suspension for tainted supplements/steroids or injured they're in a tough situation without some of the fighters becoming breakout stars on their own. There are so many factors (including being a nutcase and getting yourself in legal trouble randomly attacking a bus) that can take your biggest draws out of the game at any time it has to be a nightmare to deal with as far as fight quality consistency. You plan a year of big fights and then at least half of them fall apart due to training injuries.

That and their legendary matchmaker also retired.

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Chris James 2 posted:

I can't really blame them too much for being unprepared for just how big of fuckups Jon and Conor managed to be in terms of staying out of trouble and not instigating further trouble with cars or buses.

Yeah, definitely. We see Dana red faced and pissed off a lot but if you were in charge of a company who's feet regularly keep falling out from underneath of it while it's trying to move forward due to a half dozen or more circumstances you can't control at any given time you'd probably have high blood pressure too.

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

spb posted:

Is DC better than Fedor?

What era Fedor are we comparing him to

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Wellness policies Brock has failed in UFC: 1
Wellness policies Brock had failed in WWE: 0

scoreboard bitch

lol

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

spb posted:

Peak fedor

Fedor by round 1 steroid TKO

spb posted:

What about just ate a whole cheesecake Fedor

Fat dad DC vs Cheesecake Fedor is the fight I really long for

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Soothing Vapors posted:

DC's been champion for 3 days and thread activity has ticked up 300%, plus we're getting takes so spicy they could melt our computers

good time to be an MMA fan

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Also my thanks to Brock for kicking it all off while wearing that baller boots with pants tucked combo

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

How do secondary titty muscles effect sexual market value and/or posture

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Lone Goat posted:

lol this dipshit thinks part timer Brock Lesnar is subject to the wellness policy lmao

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Fat dad becoming multiple weight class champ only kept us from killing each other for less than a week

Bring on the freak show fights at least then we're all laughing at the same poo poo

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol at eskimo brothers being a real bond you shouldn't break

BRO CODE BRO *bumps chests*

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

david carmichael posted:

unless they both hosed someone really stupid

Let's hope so

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Nate and Nick's fights are rad as hell to watch every few years when they actually happen

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

The agony and ecstasy of being a diaz fan

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Holding out for big paydays is not ducking

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Plus the Diaz brothers operate on a different level and there's far more logistics involved in even getting them to show up to the building that day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Didn't he technically duck a bigger payday

Mighty mouse does everything better

• Locked thread
«2 »