Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
  • Locked thread
CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

*~ayoo comin thru~*

sounds like symptoms of being hawaiian tbh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

*~ayoo comin thru~*

I have this theory that Lesnar is the tallest thing in Saskatchewan.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

*~ayoo comin thru~*

Soothing Vapors posted:

there's only like 15 MMA posters and we still manage to divide ourselves into tribal factions based on our feelings about Keven

heh

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

*~ayoo comin thru~*

i miss the young brock too

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

*~ayoo comin thru~*

Don't forget being on the wrong end of an Aldo highlight reel.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

*~ayoo comin thru~*

Southpaugh posted:

UFC pushing for Khabib v Conor in moscow imo.

Keep kadyrov out of the picture and I'm ok with it. (They won't.)

I mean, if they're doing Moscow that's probably more Putin turf and I don't think him and Kadyrov are exactly buddies, but I also don't know poo poo about Russian regional politics.

I guess Khabib being so high profile inevitably means some Kadyrov bullshit will come along with it.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

*~ayoo comin thru~*

Gay Horney posted:

https://youtu.be/Djmqg-en3hs

Anyone see this interview with Dana's mom? She is not pulling any punches

Dana's mom is like capital C crazy I think. They've been estranged for a while. She's been describing him as somewhat of a spawn of satan to anyone that will listen to her for like the last decade I think.

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

*~ayoo comin thru~*

Calgary fighter Hakeem Dawodu is rumored to have peed on a girl I went to high school with.

And by rumored, I mean that's what a dude who went to jr high with him told me. Important fighter news.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRISPYBABY
Dec 15, 2007

*~ayoo comin thru~*

Kragger99 posted:

If you asked me who the current title holders were for each division, I'd only be able to name Rose and DC. That's a problem.

I feel like it takes an abnormal amount of time for people to actually pay attention to champions. With the odd exception (conor etc) it seems like even champs dont slip into popular conciousness until they've defended a few times. And even then they might never. Having a million interem titles makes this even worse. But I can't think of any other sport than the fightsports where being a champion has as little correlation with general popularity. Mighty Mouse wishes as many people watched him as the mid 2000's Spurs.

I feel like people are are bad at identifying with rotating casts of individuals. How does golf and tennis do it? At least with team sports most people have some kind of affiliation/fandom whether players are shifted around or not.

• Locked thread