Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
«2 »
  • Locked thread
Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

Please discuss Invicta in the b league thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Now hopefully he will immediately retire so they won't both be in diapers at the same time

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

FishBowlRobot posted:

Everyone remember to make your offerings to the weight cut gods, the injury deities, and the commission nymphs.

There’s no SBG fighters on this card, right?

I like how when we used to be nervous about cancellations, we had to ask how many AKA fighters were on a card in case someone got injured by full contact sparring on top of a medicine ball 20 minutes before weigh ins, but now we have to ask if known SBG operatives have been reported in the area in case 17 UFC fighters and personnel are injured in a terrorist attack in Des Moines.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I knew a guy who used to do like humanitarian work through his church in rural Romania, and he once met an elderly man who complained about the corruption in Bucharest and all these young people who dressed funny and didn't respect the old days, and he missed the Soviet bloc state status quo. I never understood how someome could miss rolling blackouts or staying in lines for hours to get your weekly ration of a cup od sugar. And then someone posted the era of the MOBN Sprawl was prime posting.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Has SBG leadership released a video claiming credit for Holloway's symptoms yet?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Good, that would have been dumb as hell.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Gay Horney posted:

Remember when we all thought Ben Rothwell was gonna get a title shot lmao

You lyao but he still could tbh

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

STONE COLD 64 posted:

bellator will have him knocking out dadas for days, the guy has potential, i dont understand why people are so quick to want to cut him after one really bad night.

Hard same, buddy.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Volkov and Blaydes both would be good, appropriate hw contenders fight now. Despite everything so would the Black Beast, especially if the rival in legitimacy is Brock Lesnar.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I think there is a big difference in technique though. Johny Hendricks couldn't be distracted from perusing the menu when his wife told him she was pregnant, but Brock's dedication is on a whole other level he had to be reminded he had a wife.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

the good posters are gone, like lamentable dustmen in the wind

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

seems to me like he went too far the other way from shooting his load in round 1 of the stipe fight

I agree. He learned the right lesson, he just learned it too much.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

The timing would work out, theyll both be done with their ped sentences and free to fight in bellator in 2025

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I still like Francis Ngannou, I think almost all his fights are extremely cool and he has the kind of life story they write movies about. I hope he sees a psychologist and geta his training and coaching figured out and wins a bunch of UFC fights so people will stop posting on line about how either he took a dive so Dana White would give him 30 free EA UFC 3 Career Mode Loot Boxes or he is permanently broken because Stipe Miocic did the soul suck thing from the Mortal Kombat movie.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

BIG PUFFY NIPS posted:

guess he must have been saving it all for the shot after the bell. its a smart strategy in that no one would ever predict it at least, wonder why it didnt work?

Sometimes fighters have bad strategies and it is frustrating to watch from the audience but is not indicitive og some grander scheme or mental weakness

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I would say Miesha Tate had few remarkable qualities aside from toughness and mental fortitude and I don't remember people wondering if she was psychologically broken or taking a dive when she kept rushing inside to get into Ronda's clinch in the rematch well after she started getting taken down on it every time.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I think that comparatively there is only so big a human calf can get (or is worth getting) so when people have impossibly built top halves they often look comical by comparison, but I bet if you closed your eyes and imagined slowly massaging Brock Lesnar's calves and rubbing cocoa butter into them and rubbing your chest on them and stuff you would be surprised by how big they were

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Peak Fedor was scared of Randy Couture and a guy with a muffin top who reads Image Comics

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Not a good weak for the Croates it seems.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Wish I was camping instead of probably watching that card.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

CommonShore when you are out in the woods, if you see a hut standing on Brock Lesnar legs you should run away and not pick any blue roses, that is the witch Baba Yaga's home and she is very territorial of her garden

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

rip dunc, killed by the weight of the willie dee kickboxing rumor mill

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Woodley - Covington

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

yikes

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

1st AD posted:

Man that’s a weak rear end burn

Its right but unimpressive until the eskimo brothers thing at which it becomes a disgusting thing I want banished from my sight and mind

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

david carmichael posted:

One imagines that the threat is that schaub has evidence of whites adultery and/or sex with employees. Except hes already put those cards on the table so how does he do more damage unless they both hosed someone really stupid

Gonna post those nasty four way sext screenshots with rampage and tiki

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

To be fair Dana White also seems to be really mad all day due to that aspect of his job.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

the ghost of Joe Silva has blessed us once more

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Anderson Silva coming back is really interesting to me actually because there's a lot of different ways a fight with him can go at this point. You can fight him straight on and it will still probably be pretty difficult, but you could also do any number of things, like kill and eat his pet parrot which will piss him off and make it harder to scout your location, or go out of your way in the marsh to find a sniper rifle early in the game so you can shoot him in his wheelchair on the docks and replacr the fight with multiple GRU search teams. You could even stop playing the game for a few days or set your ps2 clock forward so when you start up next time he's dead from old age. Very compelling, and just in time for Tim Kennedy to come back.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Captain Log posted:

Does Anderson Silva have a parrot? This is important.

I know he sings to cockatiels and approve.

yeah but it doesn't taste good so the only point to eating it is to be a dick

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

mewse posted:

Lol @ having to strip an interim belt, what a shitshow

Agreed. Just lmao

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

The Woodley Era isn't as bad as you make it out to sound. He has had some bad fights but also good fights too. If GSP had to fight Demian Maia and a cowardly ineffectual Wonderboy then his fights might have been better than Woodley's but not by a lot. I think the depth of contendership is just weak right now by comparison to 5-8 years ago.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I was excited for the first Wonderboy fight. I was indifferent for the rematch and I was not looking forward to the Maia fight because it was a fivr round Demian Maia fight and those tend to look a certain kind of way.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

He beat himself with his own dick, dont forget that

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Fozzy The Bear posted:

The f-word of a mod isn't going to act so r-word to probate people here just for typing the n-word, will he?

I would complain that every single time you show back up all you do is bitch about the mod, but it has made you post noticably less so I am glad you hate Jerusalem for whatever reason

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Marching Powder posted:

ugh the gdt for that was great. just 10 or so minutes of people typing 'please retire dan' in between watching shogun beat the absolute poo poo out of dan until welp

e. lol i just watched it again. that ko is insane. he's got his left hand on shogun's back and sort of swings him into the oncoming BRH which causes shogun to nearly do a backflip. dan gives a few hammerfists to a turtled shogun before stopping and looking at herb who finally agrees that yeah he's dead. after the fight is waved off shogun sits up from the turtle position just as a wizard removed all the bones from his body causing him to fall over again in a way that is both comical and terrifying.

Shogun died in that fight the same way you die in Skyrim when you fall off a cliff.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Soothing Vapors posted:

I'm torn between my desire to see Colby get screwed for no reason and my desire to see TWood beat Colby to death

Same.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

CarlCX posted:

48% of all UFC cards ever held happened in the last five years

goddamn

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Theyve been using fight announcements as pressure tactics for a few years now, while specific examples elude me right now I know they have happened where a fight is announced through official channels and a fighter immediately announces they had no idea about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

handsome only face posted:

I have collected trash my whole career. This will not be a new challenge for me.
*tires after 6 min of trash picking*
I did not manage my energy efficiently. We must find ways to renew our resources, these are lessons we must learn.

lmao

• Locked thread
«2 »