Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
red19fire
May 26, 2010

tesilential posted:

This layoff is voluntary too. Smart move to sit out 2 years, still be #2 and get an immediate title shot rather than get beat up by Jimmy Rivera or something.

And gently caress those of you who turn the MM thing into some struggle against the man. This isn’t some class warfare poo poo, it’s fighting. This thread was kicking rear end for years before anybody posted about PPV buys and draws, now that’s all you idiots talk about.

I want to see MM fight TJ because it’s a super competitive fight between two P4P talents. I call MM a coward because he’s ducking TJ in his own natural weight class, we’re not asking him to do anything crazy, just fight the toughest guy at your weight. He won’t be fighting the best version of TJ yet he still doesn’t wanna risk it. He’d rather fight guys way below his level (cejudo aside) and rack up his title defense record. In my mind Max’s steak is just as if not more impressive than MM’s, even though Max has only a single defense.

Dana White is the rear end in a top hat boss we've all had, who succeeds despite making borderline nonsensical decisions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

red19fire
May 26, 2010

Ronda was an enormous star before she got embarrassed by Holmes, she turned her UFC success into major movie deals and is currently in WWE. She drew a ton of eyeballs who wouldn’t otherwise be watching, who then went away when she was dismantled. The UFC could have kept those people around by having any other WMMA fighter get a fraction of Ronda’s promotion.

I agree with most of the sentiments though, events take too long, they’re spread out across too many channels, and it doesn’t feel like there are any stakes because anyone who talks poo poo sufficiently on Twitter can get a title shot.

red19fire fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Jul 30, 2018

• Locked thread