Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Isnt ghat how max always looks and sounds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Dc's kidneys have failed attempting to cut down to 265

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I mean. Its just a trip. Nothing to be worried about. Oh unless you are old, fat and have kidney problems. Then that sort of accident could kill you. So dc is definitely fine

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

I dont think chael has any right to call anyone the most annoying guy in the room

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Cormier used to do that amateur wrestling with promos and pro wrestling production style. Could be fun. Brock will win the fight though

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Mel Mudkiper posted:

hello I am two toothpicks on a fridge I am here to fight the fat dad

Most huge, non fat guys have relatively small calves. I dunno if he has small thighs or not

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Bluedeanie posted:

I would say Miesha Tate had few remarkable qualities aside from toughness and mental fortitude and I don't remember people wondering if she was psychologically broken or taking a dive when she kept rushing inside to get into Ronda's clinch in the rematch well after she started getting taken down on it every time.

I can think of one other remarkable quality miesha had: enormous breasts

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Well in olympic wrestling when you get successfully doubled you lose, which is similar to what you describe

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
DC would be way more likeable if he just admitted that he was an rear end in a top hat when jon jones said he could take him down. Unfortunately, he was mean to jon and that means everyone hates him and the ufc will now go out of business

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Cart Mountain posted:

if you can agree with the logic that pound 4 pound is kind of dumb and realistically the heavier weight classes would beat the lighter weightclasses, then DC is probably like, the 2nd or 3rd best fighter of all time outside of Jonathn "Bones" Jones.

Daniel cormier is at least as good as stefan struve, kelly anundson, kevin burns or yushin okami.

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
If we assume there were no weight limit would the fattest possible dc even be able to hang in the same ring as the fattest possible sakurai? Absolutely not

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I guess the estimates suggest 226 didnt sell a lot. Thats good, because it means that people arent buying bad shows and maybe the ufc will instead put on good shows

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Dc will die trying to make the cut to 205, yoel will reign for 6 years and luke rockhold will get knocked out a bunch more times before retiring

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Yoel fought at 205 before. His fight against Feijao was amazing. He threw zero punches, and just kept moving. He gassed hard in the second round, stopped moving and got brutally knocked out. Flawless performance

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
He is with tony now, getting exceptionally tacky but technically proficient tattoos

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
One imagines that the threat is that schaub has evidence of whites adultery and/or sex with employees. Except hes already put those cards on the table so how does he do more damage unless they both hosed someone really stupid

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Skip My Posts posted:

yeah id throw joe silva in there too for sure, the genius that dana hired off the internet

Joe actually volunteered to like clean floors and poo poo. Strictly to be close to it. What apervert

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

I.N.R.I posted:

they hosed eachother in an igloo

Lmao

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011

Mr. Carlisle posted:

Holding out for big paydays is not ducking

Only when dj does it

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Dj wants to fight someone as the comain or lower on a bigger ppv. Thats his stated route to a payday

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
Eddie loves to eat left straights and left uppercuts, and he said he completely abandonned his gameplan for the connor fight (move to connor's right, try to get in on his legs)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

david carmichael
Oct 28, 2011
I think promoting fighters more goes a long way. That is, get fighters on talk shows, variety shows, reality shows, etc. Get media exposure outside of shows that are just about mma. Make in house promotional stuff that makes fighters seem compelling or controversial. Beyond that, promote match ups. Dont have joe rogan say his nonsense, but focus on why this is a compelling match up that i, the viewer, should care about. Give some level of analysis that helps you care. Again, not by joe rogan

Lastly, and most critically: book good fights between good fighters. Dont try to hold off until the end of the year or after tuf to schedule a fight. Schedule a fight asap. If a fighter doesnt want to fight, offer them more money or make a different also good fight. You build contenders by having people fight in good fights, and making the public care about the fighter and the person. Not by having guys sit out and posting on isntagram or whatever

• Locked thread