Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

It was such a good fight, though. This is still a good card, but losing Max sucks.

Are there any updates on Max's condition? I hope he's OK.

he's been posting on instagram and twitter, so he's not in a coma

this is the latest I heard about the cause: https://twitter.com/oscarswillis/status/1015102845111058432

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

I'm not quite on board for it, but the conspiracy theory that it was a fix is tempting

he's a poor guy, gets a shot in the bigs, loses in his title shot, getting outclassed by a guy who had much better fundamentals than him. he sees the 4.000 odds on Lewis, decides he's going to put down a lot of cash and then lose, only problem is lewis hurts his back and can't throw hard punches anymore, so Ngannou can't have the fight end that way, so how else can he get Lewis to win? he can't, so he just keeps waiting for Lewis to throw punches to end the fight, but they can't come out, so it ends in no action and a decision to a guy who threw a few more punches than he did.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

Chris James 2 posted:

https://twitter.com/UFC_CA/status/1017106407282368512

Cain hugging him tighter just to feel the belt one last time :3:

"tonight wasn't my night", very true

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

I can't believe a guy with one arm is about to win a UFC contender series fight

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

It would help if fighters could be sponsored by a competent company.

I know who the top tennis players are, I don't watch tennis. I know that Federer is notable because his face and name are plastered everywhere. His face is next to watches, his face is on Uniqlo posters, his face is even on the ads for the Rogers Cup -- a tennis event he's no longer participating in.

Reebok couldn't even get fighters names right on the merch they're trying to shill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

I find that bizarre too, considering the promotion is owned by a talent agency.

Surely they'd want to sign the good talent, then hype them the gently caress up so they can cash in twice.

Edit: could get them in hot water when they don't promote fightera not signed to them. Why exactly did a talent agency want an overvalued fighting promotion again?

piratepilates fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Jul 30, 2018

• Locked thread