Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dr. Abysmal posted:

Somebody actually put forth Dominick Cruz as deserving of a title shot more than a Cody Garbrandt rematch when Cruz hasn't fought since Garbrandt clowned on him and is in the midst of yet another multi year injury layoff.

This layoff is voluntary too. Smart move to sit out 2 years, still be #2 and get an immediate title shot rather than get beat up by Jimmy Rivera or something.

And gently caress those of you who turn the MM thing into some struggle against the man. This isn’t some class warfare poo poo, it’s fighting. This thread was kicking rear end for years before anybody posted about PPV buys and draws, now that’s all you idiots talk about.

I want to see MM fight TJ because it’s a super competitive fight between two P4P talents. I call MM a coward because he’s ducking TJ in his own natural weight class, we’re not asking him to do anything crazy, just fight the toughest guy at your weight. He won’t be fighting the best version of TJ yet he still doesn’t wanna risk it. He’d rather fight guys way below his level (cejudo aside) and rack up his title defense record. In my mind Max’s steak is just as if not more impressive than MM’s, even though Max has only a single defense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Biggest Meltdowner posted:

Yeah but there is some doubt.

Naw Cerrone is def way more racist than Perry, who I don’t feel is actually racist. He’s the white kid who grew up in the hood with minority friends. Cowboy is on video referring to Melvin Guillard, his friend and former training partner, as an “n-word” with the hard “r” after knocking him out in their UFC fight.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Hollandia posted:

Why can't elite level combat sports athletes stay uninjured?
E: /sarcasm

Boxers manage to do it.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

There are plenty of guys who never failed a test who also never/rarely pull out with injuries.

I think it’s more that boxers have camps set up around one athlete and everyone’s job (as in they are literally paid to do this) is to help them prepare without getting injured or burnt out. The whole camp is focused on getting the fighter to his/her fight. In an MMA camp, there might be 5 top guys all prepping for a fight at once, and I’d imagine it’s rougher sparring a motivated guy with a fight coming up than a dude who was flown in specifically for you to beat up.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Brut posted:

Hahahaha what the gently caress am I even looking at here?

Fixed the order
DC
GSP
MMMMM
Conor
Max

If it were my vote I’d only pick active the guys dc and mm

• Locked thread