Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
three bantamweights, a featherweight, and a horrifying steroid golem. cool division

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Mekchu posted:

Its a pretty awesome card. Time for NYSAC to somehow ruin it.

fight cancelled when NYSAC becomes concerned Stipe has aphasia

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I love that after 6 months of talking up how Ngannou can punch a Hyundai to death or whatever, uncle dana is now shocked that Francis has an ego problem

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

there's only like 15 MMA posters and we still manage to divide ourselves into tribal factions based on our feelings about Keven

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

DC's been dual champion for 3 days and thread activity has ticked up 300%, plus we're getting takes so spicy they could melt our computers

good time to be an MMA fan

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Israel Adesanya posted an instagram video of Brendan Schaub offering the mildest, Taco Bell-iest of takes on UFC strikers and Uncle Dana flipped the gently caress out and it's real good

Schaub is real butthurt, called Dana a fat bald bitch, and is now making vague threats at Dana on Twitter.

I fuckin love MMA

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Jul 12, 2018

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

way to take what was shaping up to be a really funny r-word slapfight and make it gross, brandon

Skip My Posts posted:

not sure what "brain damage" youre referring to, my man

lol

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

kensei posted:

Cock Chestner

lol

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

kelvin is insanely good

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10156014262184051&id=8526769050

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

extremely high quality ufc boise gdt https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3863270&pagenumber=1#lastpost

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

i fell asleep 2 hours early and just caught Niko Price KOing Brown by hammer fists from the bottom and that is extremely my poo poo

https://streamja.com/jew7

kudos to herb for processing that poo poo so quickly

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

looks like we may have a world-class brawl between two legendary featherweight strikers coming this fall

https://twitter.com/criscyborg/status/1019620989896781824

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Gay Horney posted:

cindy dandois was the fighter that really brought to the surface my deep distaste for women's mma. i guess i vaguely hope cyborg power bombs her through the mat. the 145lb division is conceptually insane to me.

https://streamable.com/br9u6
I maintain that Alexis Davis should have been cut for not literally murdering Cindy Dandois in the octagon, and am proud of my handsome steroided son Cyborg for trying to fix Alexis's mistakes

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

it seems axiomatic that his full name would then be Qwolby Qweefington and yet that doesn't seem right somehow

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I.N.R.I posted:

for all his posturing, i doubt schaub intends to press any charges

hahahh

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

I'm torn between my desire to see Colby get screwed for no reason and my desire to see TWood beat Colby to death

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

also did Keven die

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

individual865 posted:

Nah he still tweets, but I’m slightly concerned about LobsterMobster, she hasn’t posted or tweeted in a while. :ohdear:
all good posters leave. What's Kevens twitter I feel left out

Also, i guess Bisping is really retired

E: ok image didnt post let me image leech from reddit https://i.redd.it/fg0z116gr0c11.jpg

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Jul 25, 2018

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

mewse posted:

Is his eye fixed now or did he get a glass eye now that he's done fighting?

Fixed, all he needed was some sort of injection into his eye, but he put it off because it wouldn't have lasted while he was an active fighter

Nierbo posted:

This is the ideal male face. You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

Unironically agreed

vvv: THX GLOB

Soothing Vapors fucked around with this message at 03:35 on Jul 26, 2018

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Dan Didio posted:

This card is so loving good that they should just have a bonus round after every fight where the winner gets sixty seconds to try and knock out Justin Gaethje ala the Street Fighter 2 Car bonus level.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Veni Vidi Ameche! posted:

That's an interesting question. I can imagine the arguments against it, but it seems reasonable, on the whole.

Would it, though? It's not like he needs to be convicted criminally in order to be liable civilly. The plaintiffs' lawyers might be able to argue that he's admitted responsibility, but his lawyers would probably argue that they were just trying to save their client money, and a drawn-out trial.

Assuming taking a plea does hurt him in a civil case, wouldn't that make which charges he pleas to pretty important? If he pleas to "touched bus in parking lot," instead of "assault with a deadly weapon," can his team then argue that all he did was touch a bus, and therefore the show getting cancelled is unrelated / he didn't cause any harm / whatever?

There must be precedent for something like this. Maybe not in MMA, but this can't be the first time a bus attack caused people to miss work.

this should be the august thread title imo

• Locked thread