Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Atari after Rollercoaster Tycoon World and begging on a Kickstarter to port that game to the Switch

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Sharkopath posted:

Devolver just for their e3 shows.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm having a really hard time thinking of the opposite of this dynamic, lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

sector_corrector posted:

most companies that start with a bad or mediocre game just die outright

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

sector_corrector posted:

CDProjektRed sort of.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015
Bethesda once Fallout 76 drops Kappa KappaPride

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

ol yeller posted:

Bethesda once Fallout 76 drops Kappa KappaPride

You misread the thread title

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

HORMELCHILI posted:

You misread the thread title

Ah

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Nintendo did a heel face turn when they went from being a gay little greeting card company to becoming a godlike content creator and top tier nostalgiamancer for decades on.

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT BEING THE BIGGEST CRYBABY ON THE FORUMS
Sega once they stopped making terrible systems only kids who had parents who hated them got for Christmas and started making Yakuza and FORNS instead

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Sega once they stopped making terrible systems only kids who had parents who hated them got for Christmas and started making Yakuza and FORNS instead

sega did one with the sonic franchise i guess. hell anything after 06 is going to seem like a turnaround, and generations and mania were both good

Pumprag
Jan 29, 2013

Piranha Bytes for destroying Gothic and for making bad gothic clones for the last 25 years

Also Blue Bytes for every settlers since 4.

Pumprag fucked around with this message at 21:40 on Jul 3, 2018

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Xbox Ambassador posted:

Yeah I was gonna mention them as the dev that "went face"

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Ubisoft turned face out of nowhere to team with Nintendo for Mario x Rabbids but they were back to heel the next night on Raw.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

P-Mack posted:

Ubisoft turned face out of nowhere to team with Nintendo for Mario x Rabbids but they were back to heel the next night on Raw.

Nintendo keeps falling for Ubisoft like Sting and Lex Luger.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

elf help book posted:

lol

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

Rockstar games heel turn since they've been pushing idiot gta online. and for their ludicrous pre order bullshit with red dead redemption 2

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

elf help book posted:

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

miyamoto murdering gunpei yokoi

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Konami effectively killing Silent Hills after PT is probably one of the most vile things a game company has ever done. i'm not even a huge survival horror person, and it makes me loving furious, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOpfORUFEpA

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

sector_corrector posted:

IMO Square returned to gamings good graces with FFXV, Nier Automata, the FFXIV revamp, releasing the Hitman license, etc.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

sector_corrector posted:

Konami effectively killing Silent Hills after PT is probably one of the most vile things a game company has ever done.

The outlet reports that for the former employees who filed the complaint, the issue is less with particular instances of offensive office jokes but rather the overall toxic work environment that they allegedly were born from. This includes allegations of long work weeks, sexual misconduct at work parties, and occasional racism.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Ubisoft used to be bad but I think now they're good.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

fadam posted:

:catstare:

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You
Nintendo is the Sting of this faction. A fan favorite all the way through, even through the bad times, never strayed from the path of the light. All of their friends eventually betray them. The Switch is the equivalent of coming out of the rafters with a baseball bat and destroying everyone.

fa-GYO
Mar 7, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

fadam posted:

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Givin posted:

Nintendo is the Sting of this faction. A fan favorite all the way through, even through the bad times, never strayed from the path of the light. All of their friends eventually betray them. The Switch is the equivalent of coming out of the rafters with a baseball bat and destroying everyone.

all the 3rd parties keep telling nintendo, "you go out to the ring and challenge ms and sony, we'll be right behind you"

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

blizzard

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Absolutely this.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I forgot these guys were ever good lmao

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

FactsAreUseless posted:

Oh yeah lol

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

FactsAreUseless posted:

It’s been a very long time

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

The Square heel turn happened over the span of like 1.5 years. It was surprisingly rapid.

Frond
Mar 12, 2018

Plutonis posted:

Yeah I was gonna mention them as the dev that "went face"

You could argue that the Dreamcast was a heel turn in the opposite direction from their multiple 90s disasters. Nobody cared at that point though...

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

The saturn was probably badass if you had easy access to imports and a way to get around region locks

Xbox Ambassador
Dec 23, 2004

mysterious loyall X posted:

The saturn was probably badass if you had easy access to imports and a way to get around region locks

It was super easy, all you needed was the 4mb ram expansion. I imported tons of games it was great

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

Frond posted:

You could argue that the Dreamcast was a heel turn in the opposite direction from their multiple 90s disasters. Nobody cared at that point though...

It was like cruiserweights putting on great matches in the last days of Nitro.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Bethesda is a tough one because their in-house Bethesda Studios poo poo is soulless but they're also apparently pretty decent to work with as a publisher and have put some games out there that I doubt they'd expect to be printing money. Kind of wish they got Deus Ex instead of Square-Enix, it seems like a good fit for them and now that series is probably dead until they try and reboot it in a few years

• Locked thread