Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

I made a more accurate depiction of what the updated Crepes Marcie should look like. A giant pile of ground cinnamon with faint hints of crepe-like elements shining through for the perfect taste :discourse:

(This game is great, voted 5 for the lovely modded restaurant decor and the cowprint pants)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
EBA

I feel like we should get some wanted posters to hang up inside the restaurant. Also, why not fill up the empty floor space with a bunch of fountains? Preferably with some by the gondola.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Aesculus posted:

I used the top row for some advertisements for funeral agencies, I hope you enjoy:

The Bury You poster is excellent. :allears: I suggest putting that in the assassination corner somewhere, maybe behind the killer chair mentioned earlier?

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

chitoryu12 posted:

It's....beautiful.

A-are, are those bloodstains on the carpet in the second picture? If so that’s wonderful :allears: A bit sad that the gondola isn’t hanging around anywhere, but I love the decor already.

We should add all the pizza recipes onto the menu, along with the cappuccino sundaes. I assume our menu is still the pizza theme, so we absolutely need to have pizza!

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Enchanted Hat posted:

The gondola is totally there, I was just an idiot and forgot to get a screenshot. As you can see below, it has pride of place, and is the first thing everyone sees walking into our restaurant (for those who get to sit at the special table, the gondola might also be one of the LAST things they'll ever see!)

Excellent.

I guess what I thought were bloodstains are just shadows from the screens, but it’s still a nice (unintended) effect.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
- YES, assassination during a lunch date is so gauche.

The decor is better in dim light anyway.

Is it randomized where the NPCs sit at the tables? If so, it would probably taken way too many tries, but I would have loved to see that reviewer in the... VIP seat.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Haifisch posted:

No. People need to see our floating horse statues.

It's not just me, right? They definitely look like they're levitating off the ground.

e:

"Let's just dole out 3/4ths of an egg every time someone orders this. That sounds about right."

I agree with the floating horses thing from above, but from eye-level...

I can definitely see how these statues can be intimidating when it looks like they’re about to trample you at any moment. Or if someone “accidentally” shoves a statue on top of you.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Mraagvpeine posted:

I noticed a measurement called "ea" in the recipes. What exactly is that measuring?

Each (per serving). Like in some of the desserts they mention things like .50 egg and .50 egg yolk ea.

Wouldn’t .50 egg just be the egg whites at that point?

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

Jack2142 posted:

Generally for desserts you use egg whites for a lot of things.

I know that, but I’m just saying it’s lazy of them to specify the yolk in the recipe but just leave egg whites as .50 or .75 egg :v: (along with many other things in these recipe cards)

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

An unexpected result from GIS "singing clam".

EDB

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Thanks for fixing the tapestries OP! I didn’t realize they were sideways until later, but at that point I figured you would do something about it :v:

Do they all do the victory shuffle dance in sync? Can we get a .gif of this?

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
I wish there were wagon decorations so that we could make an Oregon Trail diorama. Maize maze is a good alternative though. Also, “Wagon, Ho!” is a terrifically terrible name for a restaurant.

Out of curiosity, is it possible to modify the floor decoration rug textures?

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
To really simulate being in a cornfield, I figured we needed some better flooring besides plain ol' wood for the maize maze.

Just place a bunch of grass and/or dirt carpets between the corn kernel pillars as needed.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

:yeshaha:

The maize maze turned out great. But holy moly, the seafood restaurant decor is perfect as is and I love it to bits.

I mean I guess we could edit tiny running clam men into the rugs, but the original textures are :allears:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
So did Armand’s uncle never fly off to Los Angeles? He seems to be relaxing just fine in Paris. I guess Delia returned to the grocery store too quickly for Armand to make flight arrangements.

Also, I just noticed the :yeshaha: guy in the window... how long has that been there?

In terms of other texture edits, I do enjoy the pirate sea turtle in Hope and Anchor. Still great that barely anything had to be modded for that one!

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
So the TVs and Elvis statues aren’t a paired setpiece? They fit perfectly together though.

If we’re gonna plaster TVs all over, might as well change the images to some subliminal messages like those out of 1984. OmniFood is watching you!

Or whatever Armand’s evil corporation is nowadays.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

We should have at least one cooking show on TV, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting
Great LP, I highly enjoyed it :) It gave a lot of laughs.

Looking forward to the RE2 LP!

• Locked thread