Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Pele lied because grass court tennis is The Beautiful GameTM.

Federer and Nadal are the clear #1 and #2 because apparently it's 2008 not 2018. As Serena continues to round into form after giving birth, the women's side continues to be full of weak top ranked players.

http://www.wimbledon.com/index.html

The most prestigious slam of the year begins Monday, June 2 and ends Sunday, July 15. Local time in London is 5 hours ahead of U.S. Eastern Time.

TV coverage begins 7 a.m. Eastern every day on ESPN with streams of almost every court on WatchESPN. The Wimbledon app and website also offer excellent radio/video streams.

Top Men's Betting Favorites
Roger Federer +150
Rafael Nadal +500
Novak Djokovic +650
Alexander Zverev +800
Andy Murray +900
Marin Cilic +1200
Juan Martin Del Potro +1200

Top Women's Betting Favorites
Petra Kvitova +450
Serena Williams +500
Garbine Muguruza +700
Simona Halep +1000
Angelique Kerber +1100
Karolina Pliskova +1200
Maria Sharapova +1200
Madison Keys +1200
Sloane Stephens +1200

Josh Lyman fucked around with this message at 01:00 on Jul 3, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Day 1 observations:

Federer's clothing contract with Nike lapsed so he signed a 10 year contract with Uniqlo for $300 million+. Uniqlo copied Nike's blade collar but it still looks like rear end. You do appreciate how clean the Nike logo is though, and he's still wearing Nike shoes.

One-time It Girl #4 seed Sloane Stephens got trounced on Court 1 by Donna Vekic 6-1 6-3.

Baby Federer and one-time Maria Sharapova boy toy Grigor Dimitrov got wrecked by a recovering-from-injury and my-spirit-animal Stan Wawrinka in 4 sets.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Oh what the gently caress, apparently most of the matches are only available with ESPN+ :fuckoff:

wretchx
Dec 4, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo
Looks like we've got two threads going on for the same event.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

wretchx posted:

Looks like we've got two threads going on for the same event.
Woops, I did a quick scan and didn’t see the other one when I made this one.

I should’ve assumed someone would do it since I’ve been lazy about making threads for the last 2 slams.

• Locked thread