Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you hear?
This poll is closed.
BRAUN tried to murder Owens, let's make Bobby Lashley pay for this! 7 9.72%
Bayley and Sasha are still at odds, Bobby Lashley has gone too far! 7 9.72%
Dolph Ziggler has the IC Title, does Bobby Lashley's evil know no bounds? 11 15.28%
Roman said,"I'm going to punch this wasp nest" and then punched a wasp next. Bobby Lashley is a fool! 47 65.28%
Total: 72 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Raw Results:
  • Roman opened the show to complain about Bobby Lashley, claiming he caused them to lose to the Revival last week (it was Roman's fault) and insisting that HE is the man and not Lashley, and this is his yard etc, etc.
  • Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre interupted to call Roman an egomaniac who couldn't help but stick his nose in people's business, and they were here to return the favor. Roman attacked Drew as he was preparing to fight, but Drew and Dolph quickly got the upper hand until Seth Rollins raced down and chased them off.
  • Roman and Seth met backstage with Kurt, demanding a tag match against Drew and Dolph. Kurt reminded them that Roman and Bobby were already scheduled to face the Revival, but if he and Seth really wanted the match he would give it to them.
  • The B Team did a promo mocking Woken Matt Hardy, whose tag partner Bray Wyatt is injured and now out of the tag title match at Extreme Rules, so Matt will have to face them alone.
  • Curtis Axel defeated Matt Hardy in a singles match, in part (but not entirely) due to distraction by Bo.
  • Bobby Lashley confronted Roman and Seth backstage. Seth left them to deal with it, and Bobby complained that Roman had a lot of nerve being in TWO tag matches tonight and trying to act like Superman, but they had to work together to beat The Revival. Roman told him to shut up and insisted he would start AND finish the match and all Bobby had to do was stand on the apron and flash his fake smile.
  • Bayley and Sasha (in a pretaped segment) realized they'd been booked for a joint counselling session and began verbally tearing into each other, until they met their counsellor: Dr. Shelby, who did the Anger Management classes for Daniel Bryan and Kane which ultimately lead to Team Hell No. He explained he was going to bring them into.... The Friend Zone.
  • The Authors of Pain defeated Titus Worldwide in a dominant display.
  • Roman met up with Seth again and joked that he hadn't listened to a word Bobby said.
  • Kevin Owens arrived at the arena but didn't want to give his keys to the valet in case BRAUN destroyed his car again like last week.
  • Seth Rollins and Dolph Ziggler will wrestle in a 30 minute Iron Man match at Extreme Rules.
  • Seth and Roman won by DQ against Dolph and Drew, when The Revival hauled Roman off the ring apron before Seth could make... THE HOT TAG! The match was a lot of fun with a hot crowd, so the finish was kinda lovely even if it was setting things up. Drew and Dolph beatdown Seth in the ring while The Revival beat down Roman outside of it. After Drew and Dolph left, The Revival brought Roman into the ring and hit the Shatter Machine on him as an exclamation point.
  • Owens met with Kurt Angle backstage and demanded he do something about BRAUN destroying his car. Kurt, who sent Bayley and Sasha to therapy for fighting in the ring, said the best solution was for Owens and BRAUN to fight in the ring.
  • Clips (with no dialogue) of Bayley and Sasha's therapy sessions were shown.
  • Baron Corbin came out and demanded that Finn Balor come out and apologize for attacking him last week, and even offered a (double-edged) apology of his own. Balor mocked him, and when Corbin demanded the respect he deserved, Balor called him Stephanie's stooge. Corbin attacked him, Balor quickly got the upper hand and Corbin bailed.
  • Elias played music backstage, telling Liv Morgan and Sarah Logan (Ruby is injured) he wasn't going to play for THIS crowd. He played a song for them and they started throwing poo poo around and laughing, thanked him for the music and headed out for the ring.
  • Ember Moon defeated Liv Morgan in a singles match.
  • Bayley and Sasha's counselling session fell apart when Dr. Shelby asked them to impersonate each other and they blew up into a massive argument. Shelby lost his cool and screamed for them to shut up, ending the segment on this incredible freeze frame:

• Roman and Bobby had their tag match against The Revival. Roman refused to tag in Bobby. Ever. The Revival destroyed Roman until Bobby finally snapped, ran in and beat up the Revival by himself, then jumped back onto the apron and begged for the tag and Roman STILL refused. The Revival jumped Roman and double-teamed him enough that the ref called for the DQ (so technically Roman and Bobby won), and a disgusted Bobby just walked away.
  • Owens pointed out to Angle that all this chaos was bad and thus the match with BRAUN! should be called off. Angle refused, even when Owens offered him tickets to see his friend Shania Twain.
  • They cut back to Roman staggering up and walking out of the ring. I think WWE thought Roman was going to get applause for this. He did not.
  • After a break, and a recap where the commentators seemed to be suggesting Bobby was the bad guy for walking away, Roman stormed in to see Kurt, claiming he was sick of it and wanted to know what he needed to do to get what he wants. Kurt assured him Bobby had said the same thing, and he'd made the match at Extreme Rules between the two. Roman insisted he was finally gonna teach Bobby a lesson. Why the gently caress is Roman angry at Bobby?
  • No Way Jose wanted another match agaisnt Mojo. Mojo pointed out that he already beat Jose, so why give him a rematch, because he can dance? Jose tried to jump Mojo, who easily beat the poo poo out of him, then one of his entourage, then Jose some more, then just walked away.
  • A recap of the Alexa Bliss/Ronda Rousey situation was played. In a clip from an interview with Ronda, she said she may be suspended from Raw but she will be buying a ringside ticket to Extreme Rules where Alexa will face Nia Jax in a title rematch.
  • Nia did a (pretty awful) promo where she eventually explained her title rematch against Alexa at the PPV would be an Extreme Rules match.
  • Nia (with Nattie) defeated Mickie James (with Alexa), with Alexa's attempt to distract Nia thrown off by Nattie pulling her off the apron.
  • Owens attempted breathing exercices to calm himself, taught to him by Jinder Mahal who apparently has a new peaceful gimmick. Interviewed by Charley, he ramped himself up and said he was going to show everybody how to destroy a monster.
  • A happy Lashley was interviewed by Renee Young backstage, where he said he enjoyed watching Roman's plans blow up in his face. At Extreme Rules he would prove that had he been around the last 10 years, Roman would never have been the "Big Dog".
  • Owens came out for his match against BRAUN! but the moment the match started and BRAUN got hold of him, he bailed. Unable to find his keys, he went and hid in a portable toilet.
  • BRAUN came looking for Owens as the crowd chanted,"PORT-A-POTTY!". BRAUN sniffed something as he passed the portable toilet, put on a lady's voice and asked if anybody was in there. Hearing Owens' voice, he taped the toilet shut and then hauled it back into the arena nd up onto the stage. He took a big run-up and shoulder-charged the toilet off of the back of the stage.
  • Owens was seen lying on the ground in the chemical liquid from inside the toilet. Medics looked him over, while BRAUN was announced winner of the match by countout.

Smackdown Results:
  • Team Hell No opened the show, but Kane and Bryan quickly devolved into beautiful squabbling as Bryan recalled all the times Kane tried to kill him or abduct Bree ("tried" reminded Kane). The Usos came out to do a promo and Bryan challenged them to a fight, and when Kane said they should discuss it as a team first, Bryan gasped that Kane still thought he was the weak link.
  • Paige came out and announced that Team Hell No will face The Bludgeon Brothers for the tag titles at Extreme Rules, but if the Usos can beat them in a match tonight they will be added to the PPV match as a Triple Threat.
  • Jeff Hardy, wearing American flag inspired facepaint, did a backstage promo inviting anybody to challenge him for the US Title to help mark the upcoming 4th of July.
  • Asuka did a backstage promo declaring that man or woman was irrelevant, she would defeat whoever she faced and James Ellsworth was not ready for her.
  • The Miz answered Jeff Hardy's Independence Day US Title Open Challenge.
  • Jeff Hardy defeated The Miz to retain the US Title. The Miz tried to use the ropes for leverage in a pinfall attempt, but got caught by the ref. As he argued, Jeff recovered and hit the Twist of Fate and the Swanton Bomb.
  • James Ellsworth did another MRA-style promo insisting that men were better than women, and that unlike Billy Jean King, Asuka would not win THIS battle of the sexes.
  • Sanity assaulted The New Day in the ring as they were trying to hold a pancake eating contest, and just completely obliterated them.
  • James Ellsworth came to the ring for his match against Asuka wearing a NOBODY IS READY FOR ELLSWORTH shirt. Carmella came to the ring before the match could start to taunt Asuka, then joined the commentary team.
  • Asuka vs. Ellsworth went to a double-countout after Asuka slapped the poo poo out of Ellsworth and he freaked out and ran away. She chased after him, eventually caught him and started to put another beating on him when Carmella jumped Asuka from behind, then got Ellsworth and hauled him out of there.
  • Daniel Bryan presented Kane with an itemized list of infractions Kane had committed against him, wanting an apology. Kane happily apologized for everything and assured Bryan he was like a brother to him. Bryan reminded him that Kane had set fire to his own brother, so Kane shifted tack and said that when worked as a team they were unstoppable.
  • Despite Rusev providing a distraction at the start of the match, AJ Styles was able to quickly defeated Aiden English by submission. Rusev immediately hauled AJ out of the ring, slammed him into a ringspot and then superkicked him, rolled him back into the ring and locked in the Accolade.
  • The IIconics did a gameface promo warning Becky Lynch her recent roll of successes would end tonight.
  • Carmella and Ellsworth (still selling the slap) ran into Paige, who informed Ellsworth he would rematch with Asuka next week in a Lumberjack match, with the entire women's division acting as the lumberjacks.
  • Becky submitted Peyton Royce with the Disarmer to win their match.
  • Shinsuke Nakamura did a backstage promo asking if Jeff Hardy painted his face because he was insane or just ashamed. He promised to win the US Title from him at Extreme Rules.
  • Team Hell No defeated The Usos, with Kane being laid out for a double frogsplash but catching Jimmy and Jey in a double chokeslam setup before throwing one to Bryan for THE KNEE THAT BEAT JOHN CENA. After the match, Bryan and Kane argued momentarily over how enthusiatically to do the YES chant, then they hugged it out.
  • The Bludgeon Brothers emerged to stare at Team Hell No from the entrance ramp.

Jerusalem fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jul 6, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
you have to have brain damage to enjoy raw

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Baron Corbin posted:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Half a billion a year for quality TV like that final segment!

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Braun is a bully.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Baron Corbin posted:

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Braun chucking people around worked with Roman cause people hated Roman but people generally like Kevin even if he is a heel so this isn't coming off good. At the very least they needed to have Kevin do something to Braun to make him angry but that'd make him long strong so lol

NXT curse may not get you at the start but it'll get you at some point

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Oh my loving Goddddd :xd:

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Baron Corbin posted:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I'm going to watch the Royal Rumble

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Don't worry the best summer wrestling/anime is coming up soon with the G1 climax and Okada's new long Boy's! :woop:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

If he's taking Sasha and bayley to the friend zone does this mean that previously they were dating

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

Jerusalem posted:

Oh my loving Goddddd :xd:

By next week Bobby Lashley will have kicked a puppy Roman Reigns valiantly saved from a car accident.

I cannot goddamn believe we have another week of Sasha/Bayley therapy comedy sketches to survive.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

They're trying really hard to make Sasha and Bayley the worst feud of the year and by god they are doing a great job.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Me explaining Kevin Owens to people

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ikGvLUbOuU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

WWE: Bobby Lashley cowardly attempts to prevent popular actor John Wilkes Booth from getting into Ford's Theatre...

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy

Junpei Hyde posted:

If he's taking Sasha and bayley to the friend zone does this mean that previously they were dating
Vince wrote "Bayley turns on Sasha" into the script one week and everyone misunderstood.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

fatherofmustard posted:

Braun is a bully.
be a STAR

jamcadbury
Nov 12, 2004
South Side Mexican
RAW sucks and yet I still watch it. Who is the real fool here?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nia jax loving sucks

Max Coveri
Dec 23, 2015

by Athanatos
Corbin sucks
Roman sucks
The Sasha/Bayley feud sucks
Nia sucks
Ziggler sucks

Just watch New Japan or indies

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

DoctorGonzo posted:

nia jax loving sucks

Forgetting whether Nia is any good or not, I was baffled by the way they structured the end of that match. Nia had Mickie beat, so Alexa jumps up on the ring aprong to distract the ref. Nattie hauls Alexa off the ring apron, so the ref turns back around and sees Nia pinning Mickie. Nia GETS UP and walks to the ropes and looks down at Nattie and Alexa. Then she turns back to Mickie who has gotten back up... hits Mickie with another move and then just pins her.

It was really, really weird.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
so glad i tapped out after an hour

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
The Sasha/Bayley feud is so awful I want one of them traded to SD or fired, whatever it takes to never see them together again. It's not their fault, but I'm past caring. I just want it over.

Glass Punkbull 141
Jan 9, 2008

This is the face of a winner. This is what winning looks like.
Just read the recap and why the gently caress is Roman supposed to be in the right?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

To complete the heel turn he should just be called bob Lashley

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Jack Anderson posted:

Just read the recap and why the gently caress is Roman supposed to be in the right?

THE BIG DOG

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Max Coveri posted:

Corbin sucks
Roman sucks
The Sasha/Bayley feud sucks
Nia sucks
Ziggler sucks

Just watch New Japan or indies
I won't because I always have Smackdown and NXT and 205 Live

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Bobby Lashley did the bad guy thing of not tagging himself in and Baron Corbin did the bad guy thing of tagging himself in.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Saint Freak posted:

Bobby Lashley did the bad guy thing of not tagging himself in

Just a reminder that he was BEGGING Roman to tag him in, in fact at one point he jumped in and saved Roman from a 2-on-1 beatdown purely so Roman COULD tag him in, and Roman just continued to refuse to do so.

The reason Roman was refusing, by the way, was because he tried to do it all himself last week and got pinned as a result and Lashley dared to say,"Well gently caress dude maybe if you'd actually worked WITH me we might have won."

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Don't worry the best summer wrestling/anime is coming up soon with the G1 climax and Okada's new long Boy's! :woop:

Kobe World is in a couple weeks as well!

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
I'm genuinely curious if a single wrestler has ever won two matches in the same night by DQ, as well as why anyone would ever think that's good writing when the main event is a countout poo poo angle and everyone is an idiot.

And Balor was abysmal tonight.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

everything i'm hearing about this lashley/roman feud is making me not hate lashley, which i thought was impossible

the bayley/sasha stuff sounds like a nightmare and the woman's division is garbage

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Just lol if you watched this instead of the Godzilla marathon on El Rey

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

:laffo: this is pro-click

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Straight up how do people still watch raw.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

The_Rob posted:

Straight up how do people still watch raw.

Be the kind of person who admits, at the end of a terrible Saudi propaganda show, that there is nothing WWE could do to stop them from forking over money.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Jerusalem posted:

Just a reminder that he was BEGGING Roman to tag him in, in fact at one point he jumped in and saved Roman from a 2-on-1 beatdown purely so Roman COULD tag him in, and Roman just continued to refuse to do so.

The reason Roman was refusing, by the way, was because he tried to do it all himself last week and got pinned as a result and Lashley dared to say,"Well gently caress dude maybe if you'd actually worked WITH me we might have won."
lmao this is late-90s WCW levels of booking

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Everybody went "Wow, great match last week but that DQ finish loving sucked."

So WWE decided that the problem was they need to do TWO DQ finishes?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Rob
Feb 1, 2007

Blah blah blah blah!!
Like I'll pay some months and some months I won't. I like watching the nxt takeovers and all that, but commuting your life to 3 hours of raw every week. I don't get it.

• Locked thread