Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you hear?
This poll is closed.
BRAUN tried to murder Owens, let's make Bobby Lashley pay for this! 7 9.72%
Bayley and Sasha are still at odds, Bobby Lashley has gone too far! 7 9.72%
Dolph Ziggler has the IC Title, does Bobby Lashley's evil know no bounds? 11 15.28%
Roman said,"I'm going to punch this wasp nest" and then punched a wasp next. Bobby Lashley is a fool! 47 65.28%
Total: 72 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

rovert posted:

Slept through Raw so I assume this was the highlight

https://twitter.com/AlishaWithFlair/status/1013964370290888704

That's some Shane-O-Mac Stunner selling, good poo poo Liv.

(I know the Squaddddd isn't everyone's cup of tea, but I like that they have them interacting with random wrestlers they have nothing to do with backstage. Logan's "hey man" to Elias was great.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Once they changed to a bunch of teenagers who think a riot is knocking over chips they have been good.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

The_Rob posted:

Straight up how do people still watch raw.

On in the background while I paint 40k minis.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Aphrodite posted:

Once they changed to a bunch of teenagers who think a riot is knocking over chips they have been good.

oh yeah suburban teen anarchists is exactly what they shouldve been the whole time its very good. really a shame that ruby's hurt, i hope it isn't too serious.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

shiksa posted:

oh yeah suburban teen anarchists is exactly what they shouldve been the whole time its very good. really a shame that ruby's hurt, i hope it isn't too serious.

Heel Bayley joining the Riott Squad would be funny

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Dacap posted:

Heel Bayley joining the Riott Squad would be funny

hell yes now we're talking

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Bratty punk teen is the exact level of heel for Bayley's character that makes sense.

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I tapped out after the Matt Hardy/B Team promo and I read the results in the OP and oh my goodness you are all masochists for watching this.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Gaz-L posted:

so no-one gets over.

wwe dot txt

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Two Beans posted:

I like this idea.

nerdrum
Aug 17, 2007

where am I
I fell asleep during raw twice, I woke up to see a roman reigns match, then i went back to bed and when I woke up he was in another match

is this hell

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
I know a way to get rid of this Roman. Historically I think all we need is a few dozen senators and a knife.

a bitchin jetski
Jun 20, 2018

by SA Support Robot
"Maybe if we make Roman a colossal loving idiot then the fans will identify with him!".

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
Maybe the writers have it right and we’re overestimating the intelligence of the fans. Maybe the fans can’t rationalize Roman’s actions as heelish.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
riott squad

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

The paradox of WWE on Roman is amazing cause despite the fact they say they don't care that the crowd boo Roman they keep trying to find ways to get the crowd to cheer him.

Funny thing is if they actually booked him with the idea that it doesn't matter if the crowd boos him they probably would of had better TV and...it might actually get people to cheer for Roman. Hell if you just made the Mania match about Roman wanting to prove that he could finally beat Brock it would of been better.

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

Two Beans posted:

While i play casual rounds of Splatoon

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Sigma posted:

While i play casual rounds of Splatoon

While I play whatever game I'm working on (last night was FF12 ZA)

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
When Lashley cut that promo on Roman in the beginning there was dead silence, people couldn't even give enough of a poo poo to do what chants.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Gaz-L posted:

If this stupid feud was at least earnestly trying to get the Revival over as a great team, and making that why they can beat Lashley and Roman, because they're acting like two loners, but no, they can't even pin THE BIG DOG in what was essentially a handicap match. This is why the 'DQ for kicking too much rear end' is dumb, because it doesn't protect the 'winner' but it makes the loser look dumb, so no-one gets over.

DQ for kicking too much rear end should only be used if its a beatdown so gruesome that the person is covered in blood and you gotta call down actual security instead of 3 more refs.

Dacap posted:

Bratty punk teen is the exact level of heel for Bayley's character that makes sense.

Bayley: ITS TIME FOR TRUE ANARCHY *knocks over a closed water bottle* *writes graffiti on walls in something that's easily erasable* *doesn't hug an obese adult male fan*

Blaise330 fucked around with this message at 19:05 on Jul 3, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
She already did that last one and it ruled. She just totally no-sold the guy to hug a kid next to him then walked off.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Dacap posted:

Blaise330 posted:

Bayley: ITS TIME FOR TRUE ANARCHY *knocks over a closed water bottle* *writes graffiti on walls in something that's easily erasable* *doesn't hug an obese adult male fan*

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsaEmZWal6I

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1014207245293367296

MCL sprain is a week-to-week injury, right? Hopefully Ruby won't miss too much time off of that.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

Jerusalem posted:

So far it's just been very generic "I am not going to let things bother me, I'm just gonna breathe and try to stay calm" and there hasn't really been any cultural connotation to it. That's so far, I don't think I can really give WWE the benefit of the doubt on this not ending up going to some pretty stupid places.

Like VJeff said, Jinder's already done the more racist version of this "peace and love" gimmick. Surely they have to be going back there.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

VJeff posted:

MCL sprain is a week-to-week injury, right? Hopefully Ruby won't miss too much time off of that.

depending on how severe the sprain, she could be back next week, or at most a month i'd say.

bartok
May 10, 2006

I was building one of those Bandai model kits but of Android 18 from DBZ instead of a Gundam during Raw. Thinking of getting either a Piccolo or trying one of their Star Wars kits next.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Blaise330 posted:

DQ for kicking too much rear end should only be used if its a beatdown so gruesome that the person is covered in blood and you gotta call down actual security instead of 3 more refs.

"DQ for kicking too much rear end" is not, nor ever was a thing. Every time this is brought up its been a DQ for ignoring the referee's five count.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
I use Raw time to peruse Big Dog Tshirts online half-thinking I will never buy one and half-thinking if I ever see a super cheap one I'm gonna have a new trash shirt for yard/garage work.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

VJeff posted:

Depends what kind of sprain. There's three grades, Grade 1 which is days to weeks, Grade 2 which is a minor tear and is 3 to 6 weeks, and Grade 3 which is a full rupture and is months

If it was a full rupture they'd have probably said it, so it's likely Grade 1 or 2. Wouldn't expect Extreme Rules plans for her or Nakamura either way

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

i don't care if the segment was rear end i'm just glad doc shelby is back :)

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

kidcoelacanth posted:

i don't care if the segment was rear end i'm just glad doc shelby is back :)

The person who primarily wrote the Kane and Daniel Bryan version was @mccarthyredhead he no longer works there.

Regular PWG attendee these days.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i don't schedule anything specifically during the time that Raw is showing. I'll be your friend as well

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

bartok posted:

I was building one of those Bandai model kits but of Android 18 from DBZ instead of a Gundam during Raw. Thinking of getting either a Piccolo or trying one of their Star Wars kits next.

You should do the hero of DBS and all of the multiverse, Android 17

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

nerdrum posted:

I fell asleep during raw twice, I woke up to see a roman reigns match, then i went back to bed and when I woke up he was in another match

is this hell

Sounds like heaven to me

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
AJ Styles (c) vs. Rusev vs. Roman Reigns (WWE championship)
Alexa Bliss (c) vs. Nia Jax vs. Roman Reigns (Extreme Rules match for the Raw women’s championship)
Carmella (c) vs. Asuka vs. Roman Reigns (SmackDown women’s championship)
Dolph Ziggler (c) vs. Seth Rollins vs. Roman Reigns (Iron Man match for the Intercontinental championship)
The Deleters of Worlds (c) vs. The B-Team vs. Roman Reigns and Roman Reigns (Raw tag team championship)
The Bludgeon Brothers (c) vs. Team Hell No vs. Roman Reigns and Roman Reigns (SmackDown tag team championship)
Roman Reigns vs. Bobby Lashley

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Two Beans posted:

"DQ for kicking too much rear end" is not, nor ever was a thing. Every time this is brought up its been a DQ for ignoring the referee's five count.

It doesn't matter what it is, it matters how it comes across. One of the only other things that might come across worse is if they started enforcing the five count for being on the top rope and disqualified people regularly for it.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DeepDickPizza posted:

Like VJeff said, Jinder's already done the more racist version of this "peace and love" gimmick. Surely they have to be going back there.

Okay, so, here's the thing about Jinder and his weird peace and love gimmick and why I find it weirdly compelling. I think the idea back in 2016 was that he claimed to be this guy who, after he left WWE, was filled with anger and sadness (which is true!) and then he traveled the world and found inner peace, but deep inside, it was just a cover and he was still filled with rage (look at his expression here), he was just trying to mask it. He winds up in sensitivity training with Enzo (and also, Darren Young, Bob Backlund and Bo Dallas), Enzo is a prick to him the entire time and Jinder winds up snapping and teams up with Rusev to beat the piss out of Enzo for a few weeks. After that feud ends, Jinder has completely abandoned the "man who comes in peace" gimmick and is just an angry rear end in a top hat who demands recognition and respect and boasts that he's a main event talent. Then he goes to SmackDown in the Shake Up, you all know what happens, he enlists the Singhs and wins the #1 Contender match and the title. Now, apparently, according to Jinder, originally the promo he was going to cut after he won that #1 Contender match was about how he came in peace and wanted to bring peace, but he was rejected and ignored and mocked for it and now he was an angry rear end in a top hat who was going to win the championship. But Vince called an audible and gave him the Foreign Heel You loving Americans promo instead.

So he had his crappy championship run, then he went to Raw and now he's going back to the peace stuff. WWE has been exceptionally awful at portraying Jinder in a way that's not super tonedeaf, but I kinda like his character of "guy who tries to be peaceful but is really just trying to hide that he's an angry dick." It's better than the crap they had him doing on SmackDown.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-tte71APps

Also, this is really cute.

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

bartok posted:

I was working on the A-Wing last night, First model I’ve worked on in over 20 years, it’s rad.

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

remusclaw posted:

It doesn't matter what it is, it matters how it comes across. One of the only other things that might come across worse is if they started enforcing the five count for being on the top rope and disqualified people regularly for it.

"Dastardly heel gets DQ'ed for breaking the rules" is how it comes across. Its not a lot different from "grabs a chair and hits the babyface in front of the ref."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Two Beans posted:

"Dastardly heel gets DQ'ed for breaking the rules" is how it comes across. Its not a lot different from "grabs a chair and hits the babyface in front of the ref."

If it came across that way we wouldn't even be talking about it in this manner. It is just another bad finish in a company that loves their bad finishes.

• Locked thread