Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Did you hear?
This poll is closed.
BRAUN tried to murder Owens, let's make Bobby Lashley pay for this! 7 9.72%
Bayley and Sasha are still at odds, Bobby Lashley has gone too far! 7 9.72%
Dolph Ziggler has the IC Title, does Bobby Lashley's evil know no bounds? 11 15.28%
Roman said,"I'm going to punch this wasp nest" and then punched a wasp next. Bobby Lashley is a fool! 47 65.28%
Total: 72 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Two Beans posted:

"Dastardly heel gets DQ'ed for breaking the rules" is how it comes across. Its not a lot different from "grabs a chair and hits the babyface in front of the ref."

There's nothing dastardly about it and it never, ever gets anyone over. It's a poo poo finish.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Two Beans posted:

"Dastardly heel gets DQ'ed for breaking the rules" is how it comes across. Its not a lot different from "grabs a chair and hits the babyface in front of the ref."

Obviously it's not or it wouldn't be colloquially known as being DQed for kicking too much rear end.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Two Beans posted:

Only in this case the rule broken is that you have to give the face their time-out in the corner or whatever, which is a far cry from heels using weapons to smash their opponents' heads with. It makes the faces look weak and the heels look like idiots, because if they got the face that far, why take the loss via DQ?

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
If you actually kick too much rear end don't you win the match? Like how Owens won the NXT title via referee stoppage. Getting the DQ for ignoring the five count is kicking too much rear end while also being an idiot.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Incessant Excess posted:

If you actually kick too much rear end don't you win the match? Like how Owens won the NXT title via referee stoppage. Getting the DQ for ignoring the five count is kicking too much rear end while also being an idiot.

Yeah, it doesn't even work if it comes across "correctly". The guy doing it looks dumb, and the guy taking it looks like they can't defend themselves.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Izzy's first promo for her first match

https://twitter.com/ItsIzzyMania/status/1014214885436248065

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Cavauro posted:

i don't schedule anything specifically during the time that Raw is showing. I'll be your friend as well

Hola amigo

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Can we report her parents to Child and Family Services yet?

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

shiksa posted:

depending on how severe the sprain, she could be back next week, or at most a month i'd say.

They won't start thinking about how to bring her back until she is cleared, so 2 months.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Remember when Kevin Owens won the NXT title for kicking too much rear end and it was awesome?

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Remember when Ryback failed to win the title from Cena after kicking too much rear end in a last man standing match?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I don't understand

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

bartok posted:

I was building one of those Bandai model kits but of Android 18 from DBZ instead of a Gundam during Raw. Thinking of getting either a Piccolo or trying one of their Star Wars kits next.

call me when theres an android 21 model kit

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Lid posted:

Remember when Kevin Owens won the NXT title for kicking too much rear end and it was awesome?

The...the Poop Lord held a title? Lol that's hilarious.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g3op86xa36c

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

remusclaw posted:

Remember when Ryback failed to win the title from Cena after kicking too much rear end in a last man standing match?

I actually don't. lol we have reached the bottom so long ago.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

remusclaw posted:

Ryback is last man standing yet does not win.

Rusev KO's cena in I quit match yet not allowed to win cause Cena is dead therefore cannot say "I quit"

ahhh those were so frustrating :ssj:

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

Evil Canadian posted:

Rusev KO's cena in I quit match yet not allowed to win cause Cena is dead therefore cannot say "I quit"

When did that happen

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Lid posted:

I remember everyone being pissed for a bit going "Oh man they went with a poo poo finish that gets no one over" and then they gave Owens the belt and everyone was happy

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

I've always liked the way Chikara handles it. They'll DQ you for kicking too much rear end in the sense that if you keep spamming finishers on one guy and don't make any attempt to win the match, the ref will warn you. If you ignore the warnings, you'll get disqualified. Heels come off as vicious and protected while faces come off as unhinged and blinded by how pissed they are.

Unfortunately, it wouldn't work that well in WWE since Chikara's narrative is more "This is meant to be a friendly exhibition" and WWE is more "Maim your opponent if you have to, but at least keep him breathing."

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Jackie D posted:

When did that happen

https://www.wwe.com/videos/john-cena-vs-rusev-us-title-i-quit-match-wwe-payback-2015-full-match-wwe-network-exclusive

2015 payback

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
DQ for kicking too much rear end should be basically what LA Park did to Rush a couple of weeks ago

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BkwmK0BjsYf/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=6czhl90mex1f

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
11-year-old girls should not have merchandise, no adult involved should be okay with putting a child in a wrestling ring, and everything about her and her 'fans' comes off as a creepy, life-destroying cash-in which she'll be recounting to therapists for decades.

... But that was more natural delivery than half the WWE woman, so, hell, sign her up.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Is this just lil tay but wrestling

It's weird and sad

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smackdown results added to the OP. Not a great show, but Team Hell No rules forever and I love that Bryan has forgotten NOTHING that Kane has done in the past.

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that 11 year old girl is pretty creepy and her fathers shouldnt be exposing her like that

also that dr shelby segment with sasha bayley was dire

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
For getting her rear end kicked pretty good, Sasha didn't really seem all that mad at Bayley.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Incessant Excess posted:

For getting her rear end kicked pretty good, Sasha didn't really seem all that mad at Bayley.

What do you expect, for someone to sell a beating the week after it happened?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I prefer to read sincere words

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
So uh. I see Itami is Cedric's next challenger? What the hell is Gulak doing right now?

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

pressedbunny posted:

11-year-old girls should not have merchandise, no adult involved should be okay with putting a child in a wrestling ring, and everything about her and her 'fans' comes off as a creepy, life-destroying cash-in which she'll be recounting to therapists for decades.
otoh
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mn-yJjHNjr4

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
Last taping I went to I was a few rows back from Izzy and her mom was browsing on her phone getting ripped on bud lights the whole time until sabatelli came out, and boy was she letting tino know he could get it

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

The weird obsession both fans and WWE had with Izzy never set right with me since it's not like (even at the time) they were trying to cater NXT toward a mainstream audience. It always felt like weirdos would hoist her up as this example of why Bayley should be the "female John Cena" as if captivating the heart of a child with lovely parents is a difficult thing to do. My 6-year old nephew has AMAZING parents and he still thinks I'm the best because I live in Boston and when we hang out for the day it means he gets to go to Legoland and eat pizza and ride a train.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Sugar Blaster posted:

The weird obsession both fans and WWE had with Izzy never set right with me since it's not like (even at the time) they were trying to cater NXT toward a mainstream audience. It always felt like weirdos would hoist her up as this example of why Bayley should be the "female John Cena" as if captivating the heart of a child with lovely parents is a difficult thing to do. My 6-year old nephew has AMAZING parents and he still thinks I'm the best because I live in Boston and when we hang out for the day it means he gets to go to Legoland and eat pizza and ride a train.

Hanging out with you does sound pretty rad not gonna lie.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Yeah, can we hang out? :shobon:

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

pressedbunny posted:

no adult involved should be okay with putting a child in a wrestling ring

Children can pick up bad habits in the wrestling ring, that's why they should only be homewrestled

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Jerusalem posted:

Do they have Unikitty at Legoland? Asking for a friend. If so, +1

jred250
Sep 7, 2003
F Zero Novice

Reading the comments here made me think that this was going to be pretty cringey. However, I think she did a pretty good job with the promo, tbh.

I've got two kids and if they loved wrestling as much as Izzy obviously does then I would be super happy to see them actually get to live their dream. It is not like she is going to take a crazy bump off of a cage, at worst it will be like that Young Bucks match where they got beat up by a 12-year old.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yBg99mH8pyA&t=10s

• Locked thread