Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Hoover got off lucky considering in the comic, Jesse orders him to count every grain of sand on some beach. I was legit shocked when the Grail showed up and wiped out the entire vampire coven. Glad the old lady and her goon vampire son survived at least.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
God drat that was how you do a season finale. This show has really hit its stride and if there's no renewal news soon I'm gonna riot

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Milo and POTUS posted:

Lol that guy who got mad at making Hitler a protagonist is gonna be pissed considering his happy ending.
At least one of the Nazis was wearing a MAGA hat.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

davidspackage posted:

I had a really weird moment finding out Ruth Negga voiced the Emerald Herald in Dark Souls 2. I was like "why'd they get an American to do an Irish accent for this character?" only to find that actually, that's her real accent.

AHWA;LKJERH

WHAT!?

Bearer, Seek, Seek, Lest.

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
Hoover should have just carried an umbrella instead of unintentionally provoking Starr with an umbrella styled hat after Jesse had him Genesis'd into being unable to wear hats anymore.

Also random tidbit, Eccarius is played by the guy who voiced Ignis in FFXV. Looks like he became a new recipeh.

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Shitenshi posted:

Hoover should have just carried an umbrella instead of unintentionally provoking Starr with an umbrella styled hat after Jesse had him Genesis'd into being unable to wear hats anymore.

Also random tidbit, Eccarius is played by the guy who voiced Ignis in FFXV. Looks like he became a new recipeh.

Ah I thought his voice sounded familiar, yeah that's totally him. Nifty.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

So if the Angel of Death just killed herself she'd respawn with her eyes back, right?

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
That's what I was wondering.

Also, those Nazi's are going to be in for a surprise when they get to Hell!

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

ruddiger posted:

Hoover got off lucky considering in the comic, Jesse orders him to count every grain of sand on some beach. I was legit shocked when the Grail showed up and wiped out the entire vampire coven. Glad the old lady and her goon vampire son survived at least.

If you can call that living.

Sub Rosa posted:

At least one of the Nazis was wearing a MAGA hat.

I saw that too and it was grand

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Couldn't stop laughing at the literal doll-house they built to resemble the cellar there at the end. Amazing. :allears:

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
If the show can keep doing things like showing a helicopter dumping an entire house in the river while tracksuit-clad Jesuses wander around confusedly, I'm in for another season.

Again some very direct line drops from the comic. I kept saying Jodie's lines just before he did.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Hitler recruiting a bunch of alt-right MAGA losers to be his new SS stormtroopers ("then why are you wearing a luftwaffe medal?") was just perfect. I do wish they had the budget to not immediately pan away the moment the battle started.

Still, the last 2/3 of this season was a vast improvement, and I definitely hope there is at least a season 4.

Pure Hoover, though. He should have joined the other vampires instead of staying loyal to an organization that didn't appreciate him. Come to think it, why did Starr send him into the vampire house if he didn't realize he was a vampire himself?

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

SimonChris posted:

Come to think it, why did Starr send him into the vampire house if he didn't realize he was a vampire himself?

Because retrieving Cass was his job in all of this. This was just a continuation.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer

bull3964 posted:

Because retrieving Cass was his job in all of this. This was just a continuation.

Sure, but why did Starr think the vampires would welcome Hoover if he didn't know that he joined them earlier? I guess he just didn't give a poo poo if Hoover was torn apart by angry vampires.

bull3964
Nov 18, 2000

DO YOU HEAR THAT? THAT'S THE SOUND OF ME PATTING MYSELF ON THE BACK.

SimonChris posted:

Sure, but why did Starr think the vampires would welcome Hoover if he didn't know that he joined them earlier? I guess he just didn't give a poo poo if Hoover was torn apart by angry vampires.

Starr does not micromanage. He tells you to do a thing, he expects you to do it, he MIGHT even remember your name after he tells you to do it, maybe.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Shitenshi posted:

Hoover is really incompetent though. Its in-character for him to be oblivious to Starr.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Shitenshi posted:

Oh goddamn THANK YOU, it was driving me nuts. I should have known though because he's using the exact same voice in the game as in the show. I suspect that dude has done a metric fuckton of VA work, and if he hasn't, he should, because his voice is amaaaaaaaaazing. :swoon:

I love how they had Cass end the situation without compromising his slight moral compass. Because of the penultimate episode I was actually betting that the granny was a vampire and had been the whole time, and that's why she was putting up with it. Still a great twist.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Satan seems kind of stupid tbh

Why would you give the guy satan killing guns in the same room as you, when you are satan?

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Satan probably doesn't assume anyone will ever gun for him. Anyways I remember someone saying ages ago that was in the comics and they were hoping to see it in the show iirc

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
It's all part of The Plan

i'm betting satan isn't dead dead. Azrael will probably do something to bring him back.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

Everything I dislike about this show is a departure from the comic, but then so are about half the things I really like about it.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I just realized that if we're getting a full plot in Hell with Hitler taking over there is a possibility we could see Odin again. Seems like he and Hitler would get along.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Shitenshi posted:

Other video game lore, Tulip is the Emerald Herald in Dark Souls 2.

I personally love how this shows been going since the beginning, but I don't see it going much farther than the next season. Although I still hope for a spin-off show of Herr Starr and Cass running a hat boutique.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

What was guarding Cassidy? Was it an angel? I haven't had a chance to watch it again.

mallratcal
Sep 10, 2003

Beer_Suitcase posted:

What was guarding Cassidy? Was it an angel? I haven't had a chance to watch it again.

I was wondering the same thing. That's what it looked like but it looked like it was also chained up.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Beer_Suitcase posted:

From the comics, it's Genesis' dad.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Diabetic posted:

Other video game lore, Tulip is the Emerald Herald in Dark Souls 2.

Scroll up :)

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

nooneofconsequence posted:

From the comics, it's Genesis' dad.

It was definitely an imprisoned angel

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Man this season was so much better than last year's, I really hope there is a season 4.

I assume the big climax of that would be War in the Sun/The US Military vs. The Saint of Killers which I have been desperate to see since the show first started.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

While I liked that Jesse was able to legit beat Jody (in the comics he kills him with the Word) I do miss BURN.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I really want to see Starr's torturer, that guy was basically Michael Madsen out of Reservoir Dogs

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

muscles like this! posted:

While I liked that Jesse was able to legit beat Jody (in the comics he kills him with the Word) I do miss BURN.

He did beat him legit though in the comics?

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Jerusalem posted:

Man this season was so much better than last year's, I really hope there is a season 4.

I assume the big climax of that would be War in the Sun/The US Military vs. The Saint of Killers which I have been desperate to see since the show first started.

Same. When the nazi tank showed up, I thought they were going to truncate the beats from the War in the Sun storyline and have the nazis take the place of the Grail commandos. I'm glad that it looks like they're still planning on leading to that storyline with the shot of the Masada base.

Season was great, but they totally hosed up when Jesse finally got to see Starr's head. "Dickhead by sight and dickhead by goddamn nature" is a way better line than "your head looks like a penis."

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Davros1 posted:

Yeah, the fight with Jody was actually pretty close to the comics with some of the actual dialogue ("Kinda different", "Proud of you boy"). It was a big moment in the books that he beat Jody without the word.

"Burn, you fuckers" was for the rest of the crew. Jody caught fire and jumped into water, then the fight happened.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Davros1 posted:

Yeah, he beats him legit I'm fairly sure.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Isn't destroying souls a Bad Thing?
Oh well, I guess there'd be no way to get them back to their owners.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Isn't destroying souls a Bad Thing?
Oh well, I guess there'd be no way to get them back to their owners.

Yeah that did seem like a rather stupid and wasteful resolution.

Like why not just take them away from her? You could give them away to people or something, poo poo.

Sub Rosa
Jun 9, 2010

How could she trade her soul for Jesse's when she didn't own Jesse's to trade? Did she go to hell anyway? Heaven? Does Jesse have her soul in a jar? How can souls burn anyway? Why are the parts of this show that weren't in the comic so loving bad?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Sub Rosa posted:

How could she trade her soul for Jesse's when she didn't own Jesse's to trade? Did she go to hell anyway? Heaven? Does Jesse have her soul in a jar? How can souls burn anyway? Why are the parts of this show that weren't in the comic so loving bad?

When Jesse made the deal with her, if he reneged then his soul would belong to her, which basically put ownership of it into her temporary possession even if it was still "in" him. When she found out he had Genesis, she made a deal with the devil to pass over possession of the soul to him, though it was only to be collected upon Jesse's death if (and only if, as far as I can tell) Jesse killed her. Basically so she could hold that over Jesse and ensure she stayed alive when he returned fully powered up again. It's not particularly fair, since the Devil gets his soul by proxy, but that's why you don't gamble with your soul I guess!

What she didn't expect was that he'd decide,"gently caress it" and kill her anyway and live with the consequences. Plus of course now Satan is dead and Hitler has his hands on the soul contract, and I guess it depends on whether the soul is considered in the possession of literally Satan or just "Hell" in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Your Gay Uncle
Feb 16, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So Hitler died and went to Hell, but when he leaves Hell he's alive again? I get Eugene because he never actually died he just got zapped there by Genesis.

• Locked thread