Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
I find the show pretty boring overall, but I keep watching it for the occasional awesome scene that reminds me of the shows potential. All the pieces are there for a great show, but it just doesn't come together.

I really hope the entirety of season 3 won't revolve around Jesse scheming to get back his soul, so he can leave the mansion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

The Baron's daughter is missing, and you are the man to find her. No problem. With your inexhaustible arsenal of hard-boiled similes, there is nothing you can't handle.
Grimey Drawer
Cassidy's power level fluctuates a lot, doesn't it? In the pilot, he could take on an entire planefull of vampire hunters. Now, all it takes to defeat him is a bump on the head with a rifle butt. I would like to see some more vampire asskicking.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sentinel Red posted:

Cassidy is fast and strong and can survive just about anything but he's also dumb as rocks and can't actually fight worth a drat. Anyone who really knows how to handle themselves should be able to deal with him.
He took down an entire group of heavily armed, presumably trained, vampire hunters in the pilot. Definitely seemed like a capable fighter then. I just wish they would let him do some more cool stuff like that, instead of just being a loser who heals fast.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

the_american_dream posted:

I haven’t read the comics but the bit about how Cass doesn’t know how to fight because he’s never needed to learn is more interesting to me anyway. We already have one fighting superhero and I guess Tulip kicks rear end now too 🤷🏾‍♂️
I guess he'll be fighting arena battles in The Tombs now, so we'll see how he does then :).

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

JossiRossi posted:

I loved Madame Boyd just chilling in the trunk texting on her phone while she waited all night to be let out.

I also appreciated them not having Cass use the love potion. Since that was very clearly a build up to something in the comic that I really never enjoyed.

I was just thinking "Wait, what about Madame Boyd?", and then it turned out that Tulip forgot about her as well. This was a pretty good episode.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6i2WRreARo&t=100s

The guy who wanted to reenact the bee scene from Wicker Man and then turned out to be an actual beekeeper was the best. This show has a much better sense of humor than the comics.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
The little animated drawings during the bus trip were adorable. Especially when the bus topples over, and the drawings are flying through the air along with everyone else. This show has a lot of cool visual effects like that.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I feel like this season is the opposite of Season 2. S2 started strong, with a proper road-trip feel, but then ground to a halt as they settled down into the lovely New Orleans apartment. S3 started with some kinda boring episodes in the mansion, but then opened up and became way better. If they can keep up the quality improvement, this could be genuinely great.

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Hitler recruiting a bunch of alt-right MAGA losers to be his new SS stormtroopers ("then why are you wearing a luftwaffe medal?") was just perfect. I do wish they had the budget to not immediately pan away the moment the battle started.

Still, the last 2/3 of this season was a vast improvement, and I definitely hope there is at least a season 4.

Pure Hoover, though. He should have joined the other vampires instead of staying loyal to an organization that didn't appreciate him. Come to think it, why did Starr send him into the vampire house if he didn't realize he was a vampire himself?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SimonChris
Apr 24, 2008

Grimey Drawer

bull3964 posted:

Because retrieving Cass was his job in all of this. This was just a continuation.

Sure, but why did Starr think the vampires would welcome Hoover if he didn't know that he joined them earlier? I guess he just didn't give a poo poo if Hoover was torn apart by angry vampires.

• Locked thread