Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
yeah wtf

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
Just need 3 to start this.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mordiceius posted:

Just need 3 to start this.

Just give me 4 roles. I'm sure I have enough parachute accounts.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Just give me 4 roles. I'm sure I have enough parachute accounts.

Sounds good. AA, you are all four scum members.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mordiceius posted:

Oof

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
timezones may be a factor but i would also like to play

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mordiceius posted:

##vote apnu

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Atomic Soda posted:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Atomic Soda posted:

ONE OF US
ONE OF US

until we lynch you, of course

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Kashuno posted:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

SolusLunes posted:

ONE OF US
ONE OF US

until we lynch you, of course

hooray!!

yami come back pls

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
I'm kind of almost disappointed that the prob was so short. Imagine the comedy if the game filled up just in time for Mord to get a month.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

I’ll play

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Yay! That just means one more person and we can start.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
It's been like a decade since I played forums mafia on the WotC boards, but if a total novice is okay I'd like to join.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

It's been like a decade since I played forums mafia on the WotC boards, but if a total novice is okay I'd like to join.

Hell yeah it’s okay.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Important question: I know a lot of people get wonky weekend schedules, so would you all rather the PMs go out tonight and the game starts tomorrow or PMs go out Sunday night and the game starts Monday?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

The latter, because selfishly im l already in two games. :v:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Unusually for me I'm actually busy this weekend.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Alright. Sounds good.

Day 1 will kick off on Monday at 9am Pacific with Day 1 ending at 9pm Pacific on Monday. Role PMs will likely go out the night before.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
As far as the rules go I got a minor question on the day 1 thing

quote:

*Day One will be greatly abbreviated (12 hours long). Votes will be accepted on day 1, but no lynching will take place during the first day. Day one exists to generate content and get joke phase out of everyone's system.

So you can vote for people day 1 but it won't do anything? Will the votes in some way matter for game mechanics or is it just there so the posters have a more clear record of who is suspicious of who? Also doesn't this effectively enforce a no-lynch day 1, which iirc is generally considered a bad start for town side?

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

So you can vote for people day 1 but it won't do anything? Will the votes in some way matter for game mechanics or is it just there so the posters have a more clear record of who is suspicious of who? Also doesn't this effectively enforce a no-lynch day 1, which iirc is generally considered a bad start for town side?

This is balanced by the scum team not having any communication with each other until night one. So scum can’t coordinate at all day 1.

It also gets joke phase out of the way.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Every day is jokephase when you’re the best role

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Start the game already come on

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Especially if d1 isn’t real

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Kashuno posted:

Start the game already come on

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Mr. Humalong posted:

Every day is jokephase when you’re the best role

A game with 14 jesters and one SK

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I tried an all jesters game once but because of RL issues I missed out on ending it before the joke got stale. Instead of a hilarious reveal, it was just a long wet fart.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Fine. We split the difference. PMs go out Saturday night. Day 1 on Sunday. I’m drunk right now.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Mordiceius posted:

Fine. We split the difference. PMs go out Saturday night. Day 1 on Sunday. I’m drunk right now.

:toot:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Mordiceius posted:

never not drink

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Claiming miller lite

SolusLunes
Oct 10, 2011

I now have several regrets.

:barf:

Do murdery night actions happen night one?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

SolusLunes posted:

Do murdery night actions happen night one?

Would seem so with the exception of town killing classes.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Can I please get in this game as an alternate?

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...
Sal the bard can take my place, I have discovered I am basically incapable of playing these games. I am Terribly sorry to everyone.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Anpu posted:

Sal the bard can take my place, I have discovered I am basically incapable of playing these games. I am Terribly sorry to everyone.

You’re not terrible

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Anpu posted:

So say we all

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

I'll be closing everyone out of observer chat in discord in about 30 minutes (right before I send out roles.) If you're on the Mafia team, you'll know your team members, but you won't be able to communicate with them until night 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

Apparently the old link to the discord channel expired. Here's a new one for those not in the server that need to be for their role: https://discord.gg/BjdGE2H

Mordiceius fucked around with this message at 11:21 on Jul 22, 2018

• Locked thread