Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Hello

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Why hello merk. How are you?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I’m fine. It is quite pleasant of you to inquire.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I say.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Who should we vote to murder but then vote again whether they should actually be murdered? That mechanic makes quite a bit of sense.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote ArbC

Scum name. Hard to type out. Adding a new nickname.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
Worst jester game ever merk

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Town of salem is a browser game meant to be played in like 15 minutes so it makes a bit more sense in that context.

I suppose here it gives people a chance to defend themselves if a train happens?

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

Not sure how I feel about that decision, considering arbc was implicated in a night action, but I’ll allow it

*blows whistle*

game back on.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

b-minus1 posted:

Worst jester game ever merk

Not me.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

merk posted:

Not me.

Or me.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

i like the idea of double down on the votes. i reckon it'll make things harder for scum though. lets see how it plays out in practice.

##vote bee-fiddy

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
If you should ever leave me, well life will still go on believe me.
The world could show nothing to me, so what good would living do me?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
:toot:

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

b-minus1 posted:

Not sure how I feel about that decision, considering arbc was implicated in a night action, but I’ll allow it

Bodyguard doesn't cop their target, they pick them at random and can randomly die. It's not like ArbC has some insight on anything that happened last night beyond "I picked a random target, so did mafia and I killed the Mafioso while also dying."

That's the exact same knowledge we all have.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I played a couple ToS browser games and watched some vids of people playing after signing up for this thread, the mechanic of vote up then have possibility for backing out mostly seems designed around the idea of forcing out roleclaims cause town basically autoloses if people aren't forthcoming with info. The balance of having fixed roles with limited random roles gives some room to false claims but also opportunities to catch scum.

Not saying we should all day 2 roleclaim but in general less info does favor scum. You wanna put suspicious people up, evaluate their roleclaim, then use the guilty/inno/abstain votes as significantly useful information for the next vote. We get up to 3 trials a day so we can get a lot of info if we don't play passively.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

I legit forgot we're doing the trial system. ##vote b-

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Mr. Humalong posted:

I can agree with this, feels kinda dumb to pretend the bg action absolved him even when it was directly stated in the will it didn't. Only potential issue is that the odds of maf targeting a 3p (especially when we all now know the 3p neutral is dead) is incredibly low.

Feel like we'd prolly be better off putting someone else who comes across badly up, but I wouldn't be against forcing a roleclaim either.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Lmao on second thought I wish I hadn’t been involved in a n1 action because that almost guarantees that I’m not gonna last long this game. One thing is certain, though. You guys won’t be lynching me today.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Mr. Humalong posted:

Bodyguard doesn't cop their target, they pick them at random and can randomly die. It's not like ArbC has some insight on anything that happened last night beyond "I picked a random target, so did mafia and I killed the Mafioso while also dying."

That's the exact same knowledge we all have.

Fair enough. I’ve just never seen this happen in a mafia game before

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Also if anyone wants to whisper their role to me I’ll do the same in return. I only have one rule: don’t lie

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

ArbitraryC posted:

I can agree with this, feels kinda dumb to pretend the bg action absolved him even when it was directly stated in the will it didn't. Only potential issue is that the odds of maf targeting a 3p (especially when we all now know the 3p neutral is dead) is incredibly low.

Feel like we'd prolly be better off putting someone else who comes across badly up, but I wouldn't be against forcing a roleclaim either.

mafs would have been shooting in the dark night 1 (ahem) so it doesn't really speak to b's alignment one way or another.

but you have to start somewhere!

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Ya your maf team got rekt last night lmao

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

see, day 1 becomes day 2 and so on

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
B-minus could still be a 3p killing role but if I had a preference I'd rather bring lurkers to the stand. There are a couple who haven't posted at all which might just be their schedule but Sal was here when the night opened but never really tried to contribute anything.

##Vote [b]SalTheBard

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Sal should be put up on the block IMO ##vote Sal

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
Nah we actually have night results to discuss . I like the abbreviated d1

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

I assume bodyguard could also have been the target too didn't have to be b-minus

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Beetphyxious posted:

mafs would have been shooting in the dark night 1 (ahem) so it doesn't really speak to b's alignment one way or another.

but you have to start somewhere!

Arb is trying to say the odds of Mafia picking the SK or neut evil n1 is 2-in-11 or 18.182%. Compared to them picking town which is 9-in-11 or 81.818%. So the odds are in favor of b- not being the SK, but it's still quite possible b- is the SK.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Hal Incandenza posted:

I assume bodyguard could also have been the target too didn't have to be b-minus

Nope, Bodyguard would only have killed the Mafioso if the Mafioso was attacking the bodyguard's target. Otherwise the Bodyguard would have just died.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Hal Incandenza posted:

Bodyguard died protecting me

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Hal Incandenza posted:

Bodyguard can only protect themselves by targeting themselves, they can also only do that once. If a bg protects someone and gets nighthit, they die without doing anything as far as I know town of salem rules.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

Mr. Humalong posted:

Arb is trying to say the odds of Mafia picking the SK or neut evil n1 is 2-in-11 or 18.182%. Compared to them picking town which is 9-in-11 or 81.818%. So the odds are in favor of b- not being the SK, but it's still quite possible b- is the SK.

Yeah exactly this, I just feel like if we're gonna try and force a defense it'd be better off with someone other than b-, voting now isn't even close to a guaranteed lynch but imo it's better to get the ball rolling and see how people handle it and I'd rather target someone who has more neutral odds, b- is at least confirmed to not be mafia so it's more likely than a completely random vote to end up outing an important town role even if it's not guaranteed they're innocent.

My vote isn't completely random either, that Sal was here but didn't really wanna engage at all does come across a bit badly imo.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

b-minus1 posted:

Nah we actually have night results to discuss . I like the abbreviated d1

its like babbies first mafia though

like doin't get me wrong, i'm all for mixing things up, but starting with night actions and results seems a bit 'training wheels'.

anyhow lets have at it!

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
sweet

ArbitraryC posted:

i got the feeling he was kinda joking around but yeah he is not cleared. feel good about him not being scum though he probably not a good target for today.

merk buddy are you ok?

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Beetphyxious posted:

its like babbies first mafia though

like doin't get me wrong, i'm all for mixing things up, but starting with night actions and results seems a bit 'training wheels'.

anyhow lets have at it!

It makes a lot more sense in the actual game where days last about 90 seconds and nights last about 45 seconds.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
To clarify the odds right now with 1 town, 1 maf, and 1 neutral dead, b- a confirmed target of maf n1

b- has a 1/12 chance of being the neutral killer
everyone else has a 4/12 chance of being either mafia or killer

If we gonna force a roleclaim with votes (and I think we should, it's way better for town to use the 3 trials than not to), it's better to go with literally anyone other than b- unless you have some really strong read on him. Odds of us outing an important town role over a fakeclaim are much higher with b- than anyone else.

I already posted my reasons for voting Sal specifically but I think staying on B- is a bad choice regardless of who people wanna switch to. Either way it's better for us to pick someone and force something to happen than just waiting around.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

ArbitraryC posted:

To clarify the odds right now with 1 town, 1 maf, and 1 neutral dead, b- a confirmed target of maf n1

b- has a 1/12 chance of being the neutral killer
everyone else has a 4/12 chance of being either mafia or killer

If we gonna force a roleclaim with votes (and I think we should, it's way better for town to use the 3 trials than not to), it's better to go with literally anyone other than b- unless you have some really strong read on him. Odds of us outing an important town role over a fakeclaim are much higher with b- than anyone else.

I already posted my reasons for voting Sal specifically but I think staying on B- is a bad choice regardless of who people wanna switch to. Either way it's better for us to pick someone and force something to happen than just waiting around.

It's pretty late for people in Central and Eastern US time zones, so if a lot of players in this game live there it's going to be hard to get votes right now. But sure, I'll go along with ##vote Sal

Drive by posting one word and then disappearing is pretty sus.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Mr. Humalong posted:

Mr. Humalong posted:

your second post seems to be arguing against a b- lunch today, but you are still voting for him, why is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
this is why we preview edit soda

• Locked thread