Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
...and it also entices either the real Lookout to claim or someone else who targeted b- to get more info to the scum before Sal goes up to lynch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
I will say that night is a bit confusing with Kash replacing out?

I think it'd best be situated as Kash is and was not in this game

ArbitraryC handled everything.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

merk posted:

It is a pretty conveniently buttoned up claim based on in-thread communications.

Yep I agree. Seeing the results of N1 really annoyed me because my info was worthless. So yeah just cuddle me It's fine.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

Mord this is why replacing Kashuno with ArbC was a bad idea lol

ArbC1 - bodyguard b-, died protecting
Solus - mafioso - killed by bodyguard
Kashuno(ArbC2) - visited b-, action unknown. Alive.
SaltheBard: lookout, watched b-

Also agree with you B-.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

merk posted:

...and it also entices either the real Lookout to claim or someone else who targeted b- to get more info to the scum before Sal goes up to lynch.

I am the real lookout you twat

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

SalTheBard posted:

A+ scum hunting from you so far today! Thanks for joining the game.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
More like F scum hunting.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
I think sal might be telling the truth

##unvote

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

SalTheBard posted:

Now, now... no need to get so snippy, but I do think that was lowkey scummy of merk to consider you a foregone conclusion like that, but I still think you look worse for having a meltdown like 10 posts into the game.

If you're not alright, that's fine and that's an entirely different thing.

If you're just salty from pressure, well I understand the sentiment, but it doesn't do any good to dig you out of this hole which really isn't even that deep.

The claim just makes things look bad. Frustrated or not, you were no where being dead so why?

This is why I want to vote you. I feel like you tried feignger at first thinking to buy that pressured town credibility, but I feel like you overplayed your hand and are now in a self-created bind.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

b-minus1 posted:

I think sal might be telling the truth

##unvote

That's not how this works, you have to PM mord an innocent or guilty verdict on Sal. I assume his 12 hour defense period started ~two hours ago when the seventh vote on him was cast.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

merk posted:

A+ scum hunting from you so far today! Thanks for joining the game.

I woke up 3 hours ago and went to work.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

b-minus1 posted:

Mord this is why replacing Kashuno with ArbC was a bad idea lol

ArbC1 - bodyguard b-, died protecting
Solus - mafioso - killed by bodyguard
Kashuno(ArbC2) - visited b-, action unknown. Alive.
SaltheBard: lookout, watched b-

It's actually doesn't change anything, I got Kash's role + activities, I can confirm it's true he visited b- on #1 so that makes Kash a confirmed lookout.

So if we still have a chance it's ##unvote if it already went to trial phase we can just innocent and try again.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Now, now... no need to get so snippy, but I do think that was lowkey scummy of merk to consider you a foregone conclusion like that, but I still think you look worse for having a meltdown like 10 posts into the game.

If you're not alright, that's fine and that's an entirely different thing.

If you're just salty from pressure, well I understand the sentiment, but it doesn't do any good to dig you out of this hole which really isn't even that deep.

The claim just makes things look bad. Frustrated or not, you were no where being dead so why?

This is why I want to vote you. I feel like you tried feignger at first thinking to buy that pressured town credibility, but I feel like you overplayed your hand and are now in a self-created bind.

I'm sorry Merk is just really grinding my gears. I'm upset because I'm being accused of scum based off of 2 posts and then going to sleep. It's loving annoying but at this point I've outted myself as a lookout. There is literally no point to me being in this game because I'm either going to get NK'd or roleblocked or worse busdriven to where I can't trust my results. So thats why I'm saying there is no point for me to be in this game anymore. It's not like a miskill on D1 will really amount to much in the long run. I'm not having a meltdown, but I am frustrated at how this is going and I think I loving deserve to be.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

ArbitraryC posted:

It's actually doesn't change anything, I got Kash's role + activities, I can confirm it's true he visited b- on #1 so that makes Kash a confirmed lookout.

So if we still have a chance it's ##unvote if it already went to trial phase we can just innocent and try again.

You say this makes Sal a confirmed lookout, but I mean we learned all this from the flip man... I thought you replaced Kash who was the bodyguard. I thought you were both essentially bodyguarding??? I'm so confused over these loving night actions now.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug
I am just continuing where he left off, I'm not a new different player. I took over the persona he got in the original PM.

And Sal every townie has a role so while making you confirmed does make you a target it's not really the end of the world. We have 3 as of yet unknown random roles, if i'm reading the OP right there's no duplicates allowed but that still leaves room for the chance at a transporter or doc so as confirmed town you are by no means a guaranteed target.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

SalTheBard posted:

I'm sorry Merk is just really grinding my gears. I'm upset because I'm being accused of scum based off of 2 posts and then going to sleep. It's loving annoying but at this point I've outted myself as a lookout. There is literally no point to me being in this game because I'm either going to get NK'd or roleblocked or worse busdriven to where I can't trust my results. So thats why I'm saying there is no point for me to be in this game anymore. It's not like a miskill on D1 will really amount to much in the long run. I'm not having a meltdown, but I am frustrated at how this is going and I think I loving deserve to be.

Take a break from the game for a couple hours and come back. Find scum in the posts that are there! Do your part!

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
No! WALLOW IN SELF PITY AT YOUR FORCED CLAIM, SLOWLY DRIVING YOURSELF INTO MADNESS! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA AHAHHAAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ArbitraryC posted:

So you're counterclaiming sal?

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pillbug

IcePhoenix posted:

So you're counterclaiming sal?

I gotta go but no, reread my post. I'm confirming he is town lookout. There are a bunch of roles that could potentially have also visited b- N1 (both town and scum). Kash (now me) is one of them.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

ArbitraryC posted:

I gotta go but no, reread my post. I'm confirming he is town lookout. There are a bunch of roles that could potentially have also visited b- N1 (both town and scum). Kash (now me) is one of them.

you said that Kash (now you) was a confirmed lookout, that's why I'm asking

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It was clearly a mistake on his part when he said Kash.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

ArbitraryC posted:

Did you mean to say "so that makes Sal a confirmed lookout."

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
SAL, COME CLOSER

COME CLOSER, SAL

LOOK INTO MY EYES

PASTE YOUR ROLE PM

FALL INTO THE SHADOWS

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

ArbitraryC posted:

I am just continuing where he left off, I'm not a new different player. I took over the persona he got in the original PM.

And Sal every townie has a role so while making you confirmed does make you a target it's not really the end of the world. We have 3 as of yet unknown random roles, if i'm reading the OP right there's no duplicates allowed but that still leaves room for the chance at a transporter or doc so as confirmed town you are by no means a guaranteed target.

So you're a bodyguard??? And you didn't die? THe role got reanimated? I don't think you're scum, because of this, but it kind of is unclear at this point.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
Wtf

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

IcePhoenix posted:

That's not how this works, you have to PM mord an innocent or guilty verdict on Sal. I assume his 12 hour defense period started ~two hours ago when the seventh vote on him was cast.

oh, i didn't realize he hit majority. i was waiting for mord to post

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
lmao look what you've done mord

ArbC started the game as a bodyguard. n1 he protected me, and died because scum tried to kill me
Kashuno, role UNKNOWN, asked for a replacement. Because ArbC just died, Mord decided to let him take Kashuno's place.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

b-minus1 posted:

lmao look what you've done mord

ArbC started the game as a bodyguard. n1 he protected me, and died because scum tried to kill me
Kashuno, role UNKNOWN, asked for a replacement. Because ArbC just died, Mord decided to let him take Kashuno's place.

My god lol

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

This is a side of Sal I have never seen

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

ArbitraryC posted:

I won't be up too much longer but to clarify

1. voting to force roleclaims is in general good for the town in this format, there's still a large window to not lynch them during the trial if you find their claim plausible. There's a reason you're given up to 3 trials. Even in worst case scenario the faster you identify the 3 random town roles the faster there's no space left to claim for scum.
2. b- is prolly the worst target for town if we're just looking for info, while he's not off the hook entirely (and no one should forget that) it's still more likely to out a legit town role claim than anyone else.
3. Sal was here when the thread reopened, posted without really saying anything, and ducked out. Other lurkers would be good to bring up too but imo this just a bad look.

Just vote him up, force a claim, then see how the guilty/inno/abstain votes fall. It's better to do this now when we have a chance to see how things play out without a guaranteed lynch than to wait until last minute to act.

this is my first town of salem but if roleclaims are good for town then why does town need to vote to force them? either its good and doesn't need forcing, or its bad and forcing it is bad.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

SalTheBard posted:

I guess I'm hosed either way

Lookout, watched B- saw 3 people visit. Thanks for killing me you assholes.

welp

why'd you pick bminus?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

SalTheBard posted:

There is literally no point to me being in this game because I'm either going to get NK'd or roleblocked or worse busdriven to where I can't trust my results. So thats why I'm saying there is no point for me to be in this game anymore.

This is every game of mafia. Folks have to claim sometime. Also the witch was the bus driver, so there’s that. I don’t remember the rest of the roles too well but I assume there may be a doc around and iirc there is no guarantee of a RB anyway.

quote:

I'm not having a meltdown

You kinda are.

Hal Incandenza posted:

This is a side of Sal I have never seen

Really? I like Sal a heck of a lot, but he does the “woe is me” thing any time his back is against the wall.

I believe Sal and will be putting in my vote for innocent.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Atomic Soda posted:

welp

why'd you pick bminus?

I literally picked someone at random.

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope
##unvote

Eh, Sal could be lookout... curious about Kash's involvement in all this.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

chaoslord posted:

This is every game of mafia. Folks have to claim sometime. Also the witch was the bus driver, so there’s that. I don’t remember the rest of the roles too well but I assume there may be a doc around and iirc there is no guarantee of a RB anyway.

You kinda are.

Really? I like Sal a heck of a lot, but he does the “woe is me” thing any time his back is against the wall.

I believe Sal and will be putting in my vote for innocent.

The reason I'm upset is the flimsy reasoning that got us here.

Hal Incandenza
Feb 12, 2004

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

##unvote

Eh, Sal could be lookout... curious about Kash's involvement in all this.

Didn't Kash replace out?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

Didn't Kash replace out?

No which is why things are hosed up

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mordiceius posted:

:siren: Game note! :siren:

I accidentally ended up sending Kashuno the wrong night action information (because night actions were a loving mess), so I subbed him out. ArbitraryC is replacing Kashuno. Yes, ArbitraryC just died, but they also lived and died in a role where they had nothing of information value gained or lost, so they are pure enough to replace Kashuno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anomalous Amalgam
Feb 13, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Doctor Rope

Hal Incandenza posted:

Didn't Kash replace out?

I'm curious about what his action was. He did replace out, but the player who died n1, replaced back in as Kash. A very silly thing.

• Locked thread