Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Can I please get in this game as an alternate?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Beetphyxious posted:

I wanted to learn how to drive a stick shift, but I couldn't find the manual.

Yessss.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Wow.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mordiceius posted:

they are pure enough to replace Kashuno.

Nobody is that mother loving pure! KASHUNOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
You probably don't want to pick me but ok.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

ArbitraryC posted:

3. Sal was here when the thread reopened, posted without really saying anything, and ducked out. Other lurkers would be good to bring up too but imo this just a bad look.

The thread reopened at 10pm CST. I wonder what I could've been doing? Maybe loving sleeping.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Also went are you idiots voting for B-? Why would scum try to NK another scum?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm not allowed to be shocked by 3 deaths in a night?

I signed up not expecting to play, got in right away and made one joke phase post before thread locked. I made 2 posts and went to sleep. This somehow makes me scum?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Lol this is so loving stupid.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I guess I'm hosed either way

Lookout, watched B- saw 3 people visit. Thanks for killing me you assholes.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm not begging for my life because I'm either going to get Nk'd or Roleblocked and that's pretty much the same to me as getting d1 cuddled. Looking at my results they are pretty much worthless. Good job scum you are off to a good start!

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I for one really want to just be cuddeled since I will either be NK'd anyways, roleblocked or bus driven. There is really no point to having me around. All it's going to do is frustrate the gently caress out of me.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

wait a second. if you are lookout, you would be told the names of everyone that visited me.

##vote sal

I have the names but it didn't matter. ArbC, Solus and Kash all visited you. Do you see why my results are worthless?

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

I have the names but it didn't matter. ArbC, Solus and Kash all visited you. Do you see why my results are worthless?

Two of them are dead and Kash was replaced out for ArbC who died bodyguarding you.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

merk posted:

It is a pretty conveniently buttoned up claim based on in-thread communications.

Yep I agree. Seeing the results of N1 really annoyed me because my info was worthless. So yeah just cuddle me It's fine.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

Mord this is why replacing Kashuno with ArbC was a bad idea lol

ArbC1 - bodyguard b-, died protecting
Solus - mafioso - killed by bodyguard
Kashuno(ArbC2) - visited b-, action unknown. Alive.
SaltheBard: lookout, watched b-

Also agree with you B-.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

merk posted:

...and it also entices either the real Lookout to claim or someone else who targeted b- to get more info to the scum before Sal goes up to lynch.

I am the real lookout you twat

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

merk posted:

A+ scum hunting from you so far today! Thanks for joining the game.

I woke up 3 hours ago and went to work.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Now, now... no need to get so snippy, but I do think that was lowkey scummy of merk to consider you a foregone conclusion like that, but I still think you look worse for having a meltdown like 10 posts into the game.

If you're not alright, that's fine and that's an entirely different thing.

If you're just salty from pressure, well I understand the sentiment, but it doesn't do any good to dig you out of this hole which really isn't even that deep.

The claim just makes things look bad. Frustrated or not, you were no where being dead so why?

This is why I want to vote you. I feel like you tried feignger at first thinking to buy that pressured town credibility, but I feel like you overplayed your hand and are now in a self-created bind.

I'm sorry Merk is just really grinding my gears. I'm upset because I'm being accused of scum based off of 2 posts and then going to sleep. It's loving annoying but at this point I've outted myself as a lookout. There is literally no point to me being in this game because I'm either going to get NK'd or roleblocked or worse busdriven to where I can't trust my results. So thats why I'm saying there is no point for me to be in this game anymore. It's not like a miskill on D1 will really amount to much in the long run. I'm not having a meltdown, but I am frustrated at how this is going and I think I loving deserve to be.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

ArbitraryC posted:

It's actually doesn't change anything, I got Kash's role + activities, I can confirm it's true he visited b- on #1 so that makes Kash a confirmed lookout.

So if we still have a chance it's ##unvote if it already went to trial phase we can just innocent and try again.

Did you mean to say "so that makes Sal a confirmed lookout."

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Atomic Soda posted:

welp

why'd you pick bminus?

I literally picked someone at random.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

chaoslord posted:

This is every game of mafia. Folks have to claim sometime. Also the witch was the bus driver, so there’s that. I don’t remember the rest of the roles too well but I assume there may be a doc around and iirc there is no guarantee of a RB anyway.

You kinda are.

Really? I like Sal a heck of a lot, but he does the “woe is me” thing any time his back is against the wall.

I believe Sal and will be putting in my vote for innocent.

The reason I'm upset is the flimsy reasoning that got us here.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Hal Incandenza posted:

Didn't Kash replace out?

No which is why things are hosed up

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mordiceius posted:

:siren: Game note! :siren:

I accidentally ended up sending Kashuno the wrong night action information (because night actions were a loving mess), so I subbed him out. ArbitraryC is replacing Kashuno. Yes, ArbitraryC just died, but they also lived and died in a role where they had nothing of information value gained or lost, so they are pure enough to replace Kashuno.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

SalTheBard posted:

I literally picked someone at random.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

PMush Perfect posted:

Okay, I'm caught up now. ArbC is being kinda weird, too, but there's enough going on there that I'm not sure what to make of it. Full disclosure, Sal's victim act may just be annoying me instead of pinging me, but putting all his energy into it so far has me pretty suspicious regardless. I'd like to see what he has to say in the next few hours before I vote either way, just in case he rallies and gets his poo poo together between now and deadline.

Look. I get what you are saying. I'm loving annoyed right now because the reasoning for putting me up was "made 2 posts and vanished". It's loving bullshit reasoning considering people like you had made even less posts. I'm loving annoyed in general at this game that I subbed in at last second then got dog piled on for the most bullshit reason ever.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

PMush Perfect posted:

If the day were to end right now, who would you watch tonight, and why?

Why would I give that out? I mean seriously. Am I crazy here? I have had 0 chance to analyze anything I this game. I've been at work. I can read this loving thread in depth at work.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Thank you. I'm glad I'm not crazy.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Still concerned about Sal a little, but Mush's blatant fishing looks bad. What's she doing here? I do agree that Sal claimed very strangely though...

I claimed the truth. Like I don't know what else you want me to say. I've played with B- in a ton of games, I picked B- randomly. I saw a bunch of poo poo, a bunch of poo poo that in the grand scheme of things doesn't matter.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

PMush Perfect posted:

I want to hear his reasoning about these things. I don't think a townie would actually be so blase (spelling?) about such a powerful role.

Okay work for real now.

Honestly it's a really dumb question to ask. I'm not giving out that info and if it causes me to go, it causes me to go. The reason I'm blase is because the role holds no power now because some stupid assholes decided to put me on the block because I made 2 posts and went to sleep.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

Sal this is the part where you claim and list night actions

My claim was in direct response to this post by the person I loving watched.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I didn't list the people that visited you because I didn't want to out Kash/ArbC and there was no way I could give out my results without revealing that Kash/ArbC visited you as well.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

PMush Perfect posted:

Okay I'm back for a few minutes, and apparently I need to explain my logic and give away the game. The way I see it there are three outcomes, Sal is town with crappy reasons for watching people, Sal is town with good reasons for watching people, or Sal is scum. If he's scum, his logic will be super weird, and I won't have any doubt about voting guilty. This is the way I'm leaning, because the odds of him also randomly picking B- are 1/11, not exactly high.

Now, what if I'm wrong and he's town? If he has crappy reasons, then it really doesn't matter what he says since he can just change his mind arbitrarily. And if he has good reasons? That's why I said "right now", there's plenty of day left, things could change significantly between when I ask and tonight. And whether his reasons are simple or complex, we still actually get a read and content both out of him and about his opinions (Or false opinions) about other people.

I feel like people keep forgetting about the implications of us having up to two other trials today.

For example.

Your logic is poo poo. I was given 14 names to choose from and I picked one. I picked b- totally at random and have no justification for watching him.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I don't think Pmush is scum because I don't think a scum player would be as aggro and stupid.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mr. Humalong posted:

I think that Long post was about what info you would give on your next target.

Also it’s not for certain you die tonight. If they have a consort they could just roleblock you and kill another town.

I'm perfectly aware I could be role blocked. I've said before I'm going to either be NK'd, roleblocked or Bus driven (I mean that last one is probably not going to happen)

As I've said before, not going to give out who I'm watching to anyone.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Mr. Humalong posted:

You are insanely hostile and making me regret my inno vote.

I didn't think that post was hostile??

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm really am sorry if it came off hostile. Was not my intent

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
I'm having a really stressful day at work. Apologies for making GBS threads up the thread today. I'll be back to my chipper self tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Atomic Soda posted:

would you tell me how will this question help determine whether sal is scum or not? to hear his 'reasoning' seems a weak justification

can you also specify where you think sal is being blasé cause i mostly just got cranky

I think everything Pmush has done today has been weird AF. However it's so weird and mind boggling that I would have to think Pmush is town. No scum would be that idiotic to draw that much attention to themselves.

• Locked thread