Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
timezones may be a factor but i would also like to play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Kashuno posted:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees

SolusLunes posted:

ONE OF US
ONE OF US

until we lynch you, of course

hooray!!

yami come back pls

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
suddenly im v hungry

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
sweet

ArbitraryC posted:

I can agree with this, feels kinda dumb to pretend the bg action absolved him even when it was directly stated in the will it didn't. Only potential issue is that the odds of maf targeting a 3p (especially when we all now know the 3p neutral is dead) is incredibly low.

Feel like we'd prolly be better off putting someone else who comes across badly up, but I wouldn't be against forcing a roleclaim either.

i got the feeling he was kinda joking around but yeah he is not cleared. feel good about him not being scum though he probably not a good target for today.

merk buddy are you ok?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Mr. Humalong posted:

I legit forgot we're doing the trial system. ##vote b-

Mr. Humalong posted:

Arb is trying to say the odds of Mafia picking the SK or neut evil n1 is 2-in-11 or 18.182%. Compared to them picking town which is 9-in-11 or 81.818%. So the odds are in favor of b- not being the SK, but it's still quite possible b- is the SK.

your second post seems to be arguing against a b- lunch today, but you are still voting for him, why is this?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
this is why we preview edit soda

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

ArbitraryC posted:

I won't be up too much longer but to clarify

1. voting to force roleclaims is in general good for the town in this format, there's still a large window to not lynch them during the trial if you find their claim plausible. There's a reason you're given up to 3 trials. Even in worst case scenario the faster you identify the 3 random town roles the faster there's no space left to claim for scum.
2. b- is prolly the worst target for town if we're just looking for info, while he's not off the hook entirely (and no one should forget that) it's still more likely to out a legit town role claim than anyone else.
3. Sal was here when the thread reopened, posted without really saying anything, and ducked out. Other lurkers would be good to bring up too but imo this just a bad look.

Just vote him up, force a claim, then see how the guilty/inno/abstain votes fall. It's better to do this now when we have a chance to see how things play out without a guaranteed lynch than to wait until last minute to act.

this is my first town of salem but if roleclaims are good for town then why does town need to vote to force them? either its good and doesn't need forcing, or its bad and forcing it is bad.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

SalTheBard posted:

I guess I'm hosed either way

Lookout, watched B- saw 3 people visit. Thanks for killing me you assholes.

welp

why'd you pick bminus?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

PMush Perfect posted:

If the day were to end right now, who would you watch tonight, and why?

PMush Perfect posted:

I want to hear his reasoning about these things. I don't think a townie would actually be so blase (spelling?) about such a powerful role.

Okay work for real now.

would you tell me how will this question help determine whether sal is scum or not? to hear his 'reasoning' seems a weak justification

can you also specify where you think sal is being blasé cause i mostly just got cranky

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

b-minus1 posted:

I would argue that the sal wagon was gaining momentum when he claimed. Or rather, I understand why he felt the need to claim. The only thing I don't like about the claim is he didn't list the 3 people that visited me right away.

Also, Kash-ArbC is NOT cleared as town. He could have been trying to janitor the nk.

agree with this post

also i forget how to summon votefinder if someone could remind me :/

i assume we can't vote for people until after the sal trial is done

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
nvm i see the vote is in op now

agree with people saying arbc2 isn't cleared i find the whole voting to force roleclaims is in general good for the town in this format thing a bit suss still

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Mr. Humalong posted:

Who would you up next then? Merk? Arb?

what about you?

i will say merk is confusing me and needs to make up his minds

Mr. Humalong posted:

lmao that's the wrong one I'm dumb

Votecount for Day 2

SalTheBard (5): ArbitraryC, Hal Incandenza, Mr. Humalong, Beetphyxious, merk, IcePhoenix, chaoslord, b-minus1, Anomalous Amalgam, b-minus1, ArbitraryC, Anomalous Amalgam, Mr. Humalong
PMush Perfect (2): Mr. Humalong, b-minus1
b-minus1 (0): Beetphyxious, Mr. Humalong, Mr. Humalong, Beetphyxious
ArbitraryC (0): merk, merk

Not Voting (5): Anomalous Amalgam, ArbitraryC, Atomic Soda, PMush Perfect, SalTheBard

With 12 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 26th, 2018 at 9 p.m. PDT -- that's in about 2 days, 5 hours.

thanks!

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

ArbitraryC posted:

Make sure to inno Sal tho, or at least lynch me first. The only way it's possible for Sal to still be scum at this point is if we're both maf. In any situation other than that, the only way he would have known I visited him in addition to the BG is if his lookout claim is honest.

part of me was thinking arbc2 could still be scum just using sal for cover, but if so why ask to be killed first. lookout seems like a role scum would want to get dunked for sure tbh. still a bit suss but less so.

ArbitraryC posted:

It's because everyone has a role and there are limited slots. The sooner you figure out what the 3 random towns are the sooner scum have their backs up basically against the wall. I only played the online version a handful of times admittedly, but scum won every game where people weren't pretty proactive with sharing roles and info.

Not saying a mass roleclaim is really the best route per se, but the trial format allows you to force people who pinged you into doing something on your time rather than at their leisure without the hammer being a guaranteed lynch.

Like it's not even bad for the town that Sal is out, if he get's rb'ed we know one of the maf roles (and they're not using it on a potential jailor or such), if he gets targeted for a night kill we still have plenty of potential for protection or investigation that would make it a trade, if they leave him be because targeting is too risky then he gives us free info every day.

We have a basically confirmed investigative role and enough hidden stuff that outright attacking him is dangerous for scum. It's not a bad spot at all, particularly with the neutral evil and a mafioso biting it night 1.

hm i guess i wasn't that impressed by the case on sal anyways. i see what you're saying but it still seems a bit weird. i'll trust others with the math stuff, agree we are in a pretty good position from last night though.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
why should i die merks?

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

SalTheBard posted:

I think everything Pmush has done today has been weird AF. However it's so weird and mind boggling that I would have to think Pmush is town. No scum would be that idiotic to draw that much attention to themselves.

i don't like ruling out ppl for being weird so i'd like to hear from pmush i think.

i hope your day got better!

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

merk posted:

##vote Soda

Awkward posts.

im always awkward, are you looking for an easy target?

why didnt you vote in sals trial?

merk posted:

Aye, lad. Methinks Soda a more apt lad to see the rope.

still a lass ye filthy bilge rats

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

ArbitraryC posted:

I'm pretty okay with Merk, Hal, or Chaos just based on the vote but again it really could just be afk/not understanding precisely how the trial system worked round 1. If someone has any strong suspicions of anyone based on the vote that put Sal up in first place I'd agree with that too.

im also suss of chaos for these posts, they feel like space filler with no real reads

chaoslord posted:

How dare you sleep

then

chaoslord posted:

Save it for the defense phase

##vote sal

Okay now you can defend yourself

before saying he'd vote innocent, which he didn't.

chaos, why didnt you vote straight away when you made this post? it was after the majority on sal had been reached

chaoslord posted:

This is every game of mafia. Folks have to claim sometime. Also the witch was the bus driver, so there’s that. I don’t remember the rest of the roles too well but I assume there may be a doc around and iirc there is no guarantee of a RB anyway.

You kinda are.

Really? I like Sal a heck of a lot, but he does the “woe is me” thing any time his back is against the wall.

I believe Sal and will be putting in my vote for innocent.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i'm going to see what this does ##vote chaos

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

merk posted:

Because it obviously didn’t matter.

how did you know it wouldn't matter? you were posting all around that time so you just couldn't be bothered? i saw the thread swing towards innocent true, but not voting feels like it could be scum hoping a few early town guilty votes went through and not wanting to be implicated.

chaoslord posted:

I mean, I put Sal at majority so I was aware of that. It was a combination of being at work on a chicken plant floor and laziness really. I knew when I put the vote in so I knew I had a while still. I even left basketball yesterday early to come home and put my vote in. Not my fault Mord killed it an hour early.

as above, it just seems weird to me that you would post that while the trial is going on and not just shoot mord a pm at the same time. plus the posts i quoted seem like they're switching back very quickly on a sal vote to catch that train.

chaoslord posted:

Soda, what was the difference between myself and Hal, in your eyes?

hal is also suss with the sal train, non voting and the lurking, but given those posts i think you are a better target

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

chaoslord posted:

I mean

I pretty clearly do, unless you think I'm going to have my personal laptop out on a plant floor, which, lol. But my battery died.

----------------------------------

This is a bad vote by PMush looking to hop on a bandwagon. Like what if I came back and said "Actually, yeah, right now I am using a non-smart phone"? And it still doesn't change that voting closed early.

##vote PMush

No one will believe this is a Real Opinion while I'm on the block for being a non-voter, but I think "the non-voters are suspicious" is off base. I don't think Scum would have skipped an opportunity to go under the radar. I think big changes of heart w/r/t Sal are more suspicious, but it's all WIFOM so who knows. Maybe I'm wrong.

Anyway, lets get these votes in so I can claim and we can get on to Trial 3. I got test cuttings this afternoon for Olive Garden and McDonald's is going to be taking my time basically all day tomorrow so since I'm on the block we need to get the show on the road.

who are the big change of hears w/r/t sal that you find suss? sorry if you've answered this later on. i think all town should vote in trials everytime it will help with assessing the big changes, not voting makes it feel like there is something to hide.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Anomalous Amalgam posted:

Does anyone else not see mush's point on Clord?

i kinda see it, tho i think it more strange that he posted he'd vote innocent then didn't send a pm right away rather than the phone thing.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Hal Incandenza posted:

OK now that I have read I can see it being AS. ##vote AS

could you describe to us what you see please?

Mordiceius posted:

AtomicSoda gets 12 hours to defend. Make sure that you have innocent/guilty votes to me by then.

oh goodie

PMush Perfect posted:

No, seriously, does anyone have an actually good reason to not dunk Merk like the votes are the Space Jam theme?

Also Soda is being very quiet. Bad timing?

i am australian (eternal apologies) so was abed

hi arbc2 i just woke up and will finish reading the thread then i can answer any questions you have : )

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

merk posted:

So while Soda intentionally AFKs to avoid the gallows, do we show him the ropes of the guilty?

bad faith post, merk has played with me before and would know i was asleep

now i'm here and posting many ppl will be in bed, such is life.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Mmm, speak to me. I want to objectify that accent

eh gently caress off mate youse have been piss farting around with this drongo case and if you vote me guilty well wont you feel like a silly galah

wowza

also, can someone summarise the case against be cause i'll be damned if i can find one.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

merk posted:

What's the case against me besides that you don't like my posting style? What do you think of Soda's posts? You've avoided discussing Soda entirely.

you tell me what the case against me is please merk, gees.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

ArbitraryC posted:

Well b- is confirmed at least to not be mafia and everyone targeted him n1 because he's acknowledged to be a decent player so if he trusts merk then I'm willing to see how it plays out. I'd rather vote someone than no one and if we get a trial after morning votes we'll still have a reasonable shot at a potential 3rd suspect so ima

##vote: Atomic Soda

hi arbc2 this is what i could find re: your vote on me, please let me know if i'm missing something but there isn't much here to respond to. you think i should claim? not sure it will make any difference to votes.

merk posted:

The way you entered the thread felt off to me. You were asking people questions that didn't seem to matter (the question to Humalong about voting b- in particular) and talking negatively about the mechanics and strategy of the game instead of hunting scum.

I didn't think you were actually looking for scum and instead trying to throw out some posts that would let you appear helpful.

ok i will say that this is my first town of salem game and the whole "lets just vote someone so they have to claim" thing very weird, would get you lunched in mafia for rolefishing.

i disagree with your comment re: my question to humalong, i think pointing out where peoples posts don't match their votes is a good idea.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

SalTheBard posted:

Why are you so loving quick to get people to claim? I don't think you are scum for obvious reasons but it seems really strange to me

its ok i think i should claim anyway thinking about it cause this other info may be useful to town

i am also a bodyguard, last night i guarded aa.

i freaked out a bit and pmed mord when i saw arbc1s flip, bc i thought that there could only be 1 bodyguard a game, but mord confirmed that it is not a unique role.

the roles he said were unique are jailor, mayor, veteran.

even if you guys kill me i encourage you to pm mord to confirm for yourselves

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

b-minus1 posted:

I’m not gonna pm the mod to confirm your claim wtf

?

i was saying to confirm unique roles, since alot of chat seems to be how claiming means there can only be 1 of that role and this could be bad for town in the long run. apologies if i misunderstood still getting my head around things.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

ArbitraryC posted:

well you beat me to it but I'm okay with this claim. If we have any invest they could theoretically disprove this and as more RT roles are discovered the claimspace will evaporate. Even if your claim is true it's not a bad thing, because we could have you protect Sal tonight and we could still have other town invest/protective roles that could hit you while the jailor does work.

Since every townie has a role I don't think it's bad at all for something like this to happen, people can evaluate the claim, it gets riskier and riskier to make fake claims, and there are still plenty of defensive options open for town that would make you an unpalatable target assuming you're telling the truth.

Unlike with sal I don't have any extra evidence that confirms this claim, so I still think you could be scum (it's common for godfathers to claim bg for example), but I'd rather inno this and go onto the next option at this point.

scum not going to hit sal if we set it all out like that so i'd rather leave it to my discretion unless town overrules - will listen to arbc2 and bminus. i was very confused when arb1 flipped lol.

i am going out really soon so if anyone has any questions please ask them in the next 15 mins, prolly wont be back in the next 3 hours : )

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
man i was happy to live but you all still want me dead, sad

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

ArbitraryC posted:

It's actually not really that legit, not only does he's basically claiming one of the three random town spots with a role that is very commonly used as a fakeclaim by the godfather. Initially I just kinda thought well "we can lynch him tomorrow depending on what happens" but now I kinda wonder if it would have been better to just go for it.

Anyone leaning this way or the other on pmush? I'm pretty ready to just inno and let things go.

still a she

might have to put that in a custom title or something

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
i was jailed last night

arbc2 saying that mafia visitor to arbc1 must be disguiser or consigliere but neglects to mention blackmailer or framer. plus he's saying scum will withhold a janitor n1 even though its super important for town to know correct roles, but definitely wouldn't have withheld an action n2 or tried to target me, who was jailed.

pretty sure arbc2 is the janitor and trying to distract from the fact he was seen at the n1 scum target.##vote arbc

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
also feeling merk a strong possibility for werewolf atm, for all he says he's been casing people the evidence he provided on this was a 2 point case on me which i responded to and some speculation on hal. would also explain his duel posting persona

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

ArbitraryC posted:

It's not really the cornerstone, as chaoslord said I'm mostly going off the idea that there should have been 3 maf actions N2, but there were only 2 when Soda was jailed. Originally I mentioned consig/disguiser because those were the only two non lethal roles I could think of that wouldn't be following the hit (it couldn't have been consort because arb1 did get off their night action), I didn't think of framer but it fits too and it really doesn't matter which it is. I'm leaning disguiser because of Soda's claim, but it could really be any of them.

Right now maf has 3 roles left, godfather, janitor, and a nonlethal action. I am confident that soda is that third one based on the spy results.

a framer fits particularly if scum have been hinting an investigator to hit a particular person at night, like in this post

ArbitraryC posted:

well you beat me to it but I'm okay with this claim. If we have any invest they could theoretically disprove this and as more RT roles are discovered the claimspace will evaporate. Even if your claim is true it's not a bad thing, because we could have you protect Sal tonight and we could still have other town invest/protective roles that could hit you while the jailor does work.

Since every townie has a role I don't think it's bad at all for something like this to happen, people can evaluate the claim, it gets riskier and riskier to make fake claims, and there are still plenty of defensive options open for town that would make you an unpalatable target assuming you're telling the truth.

Unlike with sal I don't have any extra evidence that confirms this claim, so I still think you could be scum (it's common for godfathers to claim bg for example), but I'd rather inno this and go onto the next option at this point.

i think there is a scum framer and they tried to frame me last night, but i was jailed. arbc2 pushing idea that he's def town despite being seen visiting bminus n1, he didn't even mention framer as an option in his post cause he doesn't want to draw attention to it.

PMush Perfect posted:

Alright, this makes sense, I think. And if Soda flips town, that means that AA's caught in a lie, correct? Or is there a way for AA to be wrong but not lying?

i don't think aa is lying, i just think arbc2 pushing a narrative

PMush Perfect posted:

poo poo, sorry! She!

thanks it might seem silly but i appreciate it : )

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
got a job interview tomorrow morning v nervous, gl to you on that front also chaos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
thanks for the game everyone

curse you merk and arbc also :p

b-minus1 posted:

Thanks for targeting me everyone!!

you must feel very special : )

• Locked thread