Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Looking back at last year

Overpays

Isaiah Thomas $91 :stare:
Jahlil Okafor $33
Nerlens Noel $37
Blake Griffin $90
Dennis Smith $55
Monta Ellis $27 - didn't even get signed by an NBA team
Danilo Gallinari $57
Lucas "Bebe" Nogueira $39 - holy loving lol, forgot about this one

Bargains

Victor Oladipo $30
Al Horford $21
Donovan Mitchell $13
Robert Covington $12
Jason Tatum $7
Kyle Kuzma $4
Wayne Ellington $1

Sure seemed like a lot at the time but guess it worked out

Ben Simmons $60

Also that Cavs team that was built is possibly better than what Lebron is actually going to end up playing with this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Oh jeeze my Kings roster had no bench and two starters destroyed their knees. At least Dipo and Embiid could maybe play for the 8th seed in the west.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

A friend of mine talked me into bebe and I am not making that mistake again

at least my kyle anderson and jordan bell picks were good

IcePhoenix fucked around with this message at 01:05 on Jul 5, 2018

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

GIVE ME THE loving MAVERICKS I NEED WINNERS.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

BYOGM shows you that life comes at you fast. Look at my team from last year. It was generally accepted as a top 5 team after the auction. Look at it. Every. Single. Player. Regressed. Maybe Jamal Murray got better and Livingston stayed the same. Trash if you ask me.

Dennis Schröder
George Hill
Nicolas Batum
Paul Millsap
Hassan Whiteside
Norman Powell
Zach Randolph
Frank Kaminsky
Al Jefferson
Shaun Livingston
Monta Ellis
Jamal Murray
Evan Turner
Arron Afflalo
Bruno Caboclo

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

man last year's Bulls were seen as the best team but after this season? lol

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
I thought the Bulls were really good but the Wizards were definitely my favorite.

Kemba - Khris MIddleton - Durant - Barnes - Gortat

His bench was rear end but that was probably the best starting five next to my team or the Bulls. Pelicans had a really solid roster and surprisingly the Cavs starting five would probably have done better than this years Cavs.

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Was waiting for this. I'll grab whatever is left since Detroit was taken

DeimosRising
Oct 17, 2005

¡Hola SEA!

Pretty sure i argued at the time that the bulls weren't that good cause wall is trash but i'm not going back to find out

Brolic's team looks better after big years for Steven Adams and Joe Ingles; Cippers too after Tatums big rookie year and Aldridge revamping his rep.

the suns and the warriors were bad even at the time but holy poo poo they have about 3 nba starters between them. Hornets seemed liked one of the better teams but IT never recovered and Gallinari looked largely washed. The death of Ryan Anderson made my team go from solidly decent to pretty bad, my huge mistakes building a bench really show up when one of my starters is a bottom tier trash man

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
I thought my team was a bunch of hustlers and grinders who would have won every game by 3 pts

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe
This looks like a fun thing to be bad at. Gimme the Utah Jazz, PMs are open.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I was looking over the rosters just now and this came to mind when I saw the warriors roster

Exploding Computer posted:

If Andrew Wiggins is your best player you have bigger problems than the salary cap.

Lockback posted:

If you're getting your best player for only 25% of the cap you are in a great loving position.

also DeadbeatDad I think that whichever team can't manage to have fans that care enough about them to sign up should move to Seattle

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
reading through last year's thread and i'm howling

IcePhoenix posted:

also DeadbeatDad I think that whichever team can't manage to have fans that care enough about them to sign up should move to Seattle
the seattle kings is a team that jamal crawford would definitely be on

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Remember when Drunk Canuck won like 8 dudes on day one last year for 80 bucks and they all sucked.

Mountain Dew Code Bread
Mar 20, 2008

Yeah sure I'll come back for another round, I'll take the Kings if nobody else coming in wants them, whatever else is fine if not.

BTW, is the cap of 15 players just at the end or can we just flat out not draft more than 15 at all?

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Mountain Dew Code Bread posted:

Yeah sure I'll come back for another round, I'll take the Kings if nobody else coming in wants them, whatever else is fine if not.

BTW, is the cap of 15 players just at the end or can we just flat out not draft more than 15 at all?

I think last year you were allowed to waive players, but you'd lose the money that you spent on them.

So if you had 15 players and won a bid for someone, you could waive player x to take player y, but you'd just take on dead money.

Brogeoisie
Jan 12, 2005

"Look, I'm a private citizen," he said. "One thing that I don't have to do is sit here and open my kimono as it relates to how much money I make or didn't."

Doltos posted:

I thought the Bulls were really good but the Wizards were definitely my favorite.

Kemba - Khris MIddleton - Durant - Barnes - Gortat

His bench was rear end but that was probably the best starting five next to my team or the Bulls. Pelicans had a really solid roster and surprisingly the Cavs starting five would probably have done better than this years Cavs.

yeah my team was awesome, still salty about getting eliminated so early. that squad would look like 2014 warriors.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

My Rotation actually looks like it would have been real good, if in our universe Hayward didn't shatter his leg, that is.

PG: Reggie Jackson
SG: Klay Thompson
SF: Jayson Tatum
PF: Gordon Hayward
C: LaMarcus Aldridge

PG: Fred Van Vleet
G: Marcus Smart
F: Markieff Morris
C: A weird as gently caress Zaza/Willie Reed/Tarik Black center rotation

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

My Rotation actually looks like it would have been real good, if in our universe Hayward didn't shatter his leg, that is.

PG: Reggie Jackson
SG: Klay Thompson
SF: Jayson Tatum
PF: Gordon Hayward
C: LaMarcus Aldridge

PG: Fred Van Vleet
G: Marcus Smart
F: Markieff Morris
C: A weird as gently caress Zaza/Willie Reed/Tarik Black center rotation

I'd say start FVV and make a deal with Markieff so his brother is on your team instead and you'd have a title favorite

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Cool Buff Man posted:

I'd say start FVV and make a deal with Markieff so his brother is on your team instead and you'd have a title favorite

I feel like you have to start Reggie or else he will throw a huge baby Hissy fit. Both FVV and Smart probably end up playing more MPG than him so it is one of those "Starters by name only" situations

Cool Buff Man
Jul 30, 2006

bitch

Paul Zuvella posted:

I feel like you have to start Reggie or else he will throw a huge baby Hissy fit. Both FVV and Smart probably end up playing more MPG than him so it is one of those "Starters by name only" situations

Good, saavy move. What are we gonna do with you Reg

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Expect these, and other savvy, smart moves from me again this year!!!

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

This sounds like fun and my basketball knowledge is limited so if you want Vlade Divac GM - I'm your man.

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

Harlock posted:

This sounds like fun and my basketball knowledge is limited so if you want Vlade Divac GM - I'm your man.

Lucky for you, the Kings have not been taken yet!

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

Paul Zuvella posted:

Lucky for you, the Kings have not been taken yet!

Mountain Dew just did, but he can be the Wizards/Ernie Grunfeld which is even worse!

That being said - :siren: we're full! :siren: If anybody else would like to join, I'm sure people wouldn't mind having co-gms.

The first batch of players will be posted between 6 am - 12 pm est tomorrow (July 6th), usually closer to 6 am, and people will need to give me their list of players that they would like to submit bids for. You will have until 8 PM EST to submit a bid before it's closed. Anybody who misses 2 straight days will be replaced, so please be active. Everybody was last year so it would be really nice not to have any replacements.

For the 6-7 of the new players this year, I would highly suggest reading through the last thread just to get a feel of how it works. Make sure to be smart with your bidding/cap (if you want), and to read over the rules carefully and if you have any questions, PM me and I'll be glad to answer.

I'll spend the rest of tonight working on everything as well as posting the spreadsheet. People way smarter than me really helped last year with being able to calculate the money/did cool formatting poo poo with it last year, so I hope that can happen again this year just to make it easier for people.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

scuz posted:

the seattle kings is a team that jamal crawford would definitely be on

Fair but the Seattle Hawks also fits, maybe I should add something to indicate that they're near a large body of water though?

leftist heap
Feb 28, 2013

Fun Shoe
Thanks for running this again Deadbeat Dad but I object to you providing advice or hints on how to best play. It potentially saps us of the joy of someone loving up spectacularly. Some lessons are best learned through experience IMO.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

gently caress I missed out, again. These are always fun to follow.

Deadbeat Dad
Jun 3, 2005

the trad games jinho

leftist heap posted:

Thanks for running this again Deadbeat Dad but I object to you providing advice or hints on how to best play. It potentially saps us of the joy of someone loving up spectacularly. Some lessons are best learned through experience IMO.

I have no doubt there will still be spectacular gently caress ups, we're goons after all

tadashi posted:

gently caress I missed out, again. These are always fun to follow.

You can always co-gm! I was PMing people and totally forgot about your interest/posting in it last year :(

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Deadbeat Dad posted:

I have no doubt there will still be spectacular gently caress ups, we're goons after all

You can always co-gm! I was PMing people and totally forgot about your interest/posting in it last year :(

They will get tired of me telling them not to sleep on certain players from a certain university.

But if anybody really thinks they want a little extra help, I'm available. I do actually follow the NBA.

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

*sniff sniff*
I smell something good cooking.

BWV
Feb 24, 2005

If anyone wants tips on how to approach the draft read pages 7-12 from last year's thread.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the Drunk Canuck Memorial Award for most players acquired in a drunken fit will be awarded at the completion of these exercises

can't wait to make a bad bid tomorrow

Paul Zuvella
Dec 7, 2011

BWV posted:

If anyone wants tips on how to approach the draft read pages 7-12 from last year's thread.

they are a work of art

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I hope the Drunk Canuck thing happens again.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
beep bop a loo bop i can't wait to gently caress up in a spectacular fashion tomorrow

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Sneak Peek: my current spreadsheet for recommended bid prices has calculated that I should bid $63 on Lonzo Ball

just lmao at everything gl hf all

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

picture all my posts in this thread coming from a frantic, unslept daryl morey, sweating profusely

thank you

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

Fun Shoe
picture all my posts in this thread coming from a labrador retriever wearing green visor fetching small stacks of money near its water dish and sometimes getting the money wet

thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
If any of you fucks saves all 300 for the last day and builds a team out of the remaining stars I'm shaming you

• Locked thread