Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

:siren: :siren: :siren: Legends of Aria is now available on Steam! :siren: :siren: :siren:

Find us at our guild website!

Did you play Ultima Online? Do you crave re-living those glory days but can't find something that quite scratches that itch? Well, Legends of Ultima has you covered!

What is this thing?
Legends of Ultima (or LoU) is a custom shard for the game Legends of Aria (previously known as Shards Online - thread here). Legends of Aria was made by some of the original creators of Ultima Online and has been designed as an open world sandbox MMORPG. This means that shards can be completely customised to play the way the dev team of that shard intends. In the case of Legends of Ultima, they have set out to re-create UO using the LoA engine - and they're doing a drat good job at it. The shard has already drawn a very large following which is growing every week. The dev team are constantly working on new additions and content to recreate Britannia.
:tif:

Why should I play on this shard instead of just playing UO?
Ultima Online was great. It was amazing. But now it's old and it's bad and, I mean, just look at it. Sure, the official UO shards are still online but the only populated one is Atlantic and even that's starting to die off. Remember that lovely screen shudder and your walking suddenly stopping as you traversed the land? That poo poo still exists. Free shards are nice, but you're still restricted to the old engines and end up playing with other UO veterans that refuse to move on. Legends of Ultima operates through Legends of Aria, a game which, although still in development, is attracting new players and is beginning to approach the open beta stage. LoU is still gaining new players and this is before the Steam release where it's expected to get a whole lot busier.

I never played UO, why should I play this?
Ultima Online was an absolute classic before World of Warcraft took the MMORPG genre into a new direction. In the open world sandbox of UO, you could play a character that you wanted to play. There are no levels, there are no classes, there are no factions (there are guilds though!). If you want to be a swordfighter, grab a sword and hit stuff to get better. Want to be a mage? Get busy casting and working up those magery skill points. There are a whole bunch of skills and abilities to use, but they're god awful until you become somewhat proficient in them :histdowns:. Using the skills and abilities that you want to use means that you'll create a character that has strengths and weakness in those areas. Legends of Ultima follows the same dynamic and most of the same skills and abilities are there. PvP is open world and loot is dropped on death for others to loot - let the pubbie tears flow. There is a criminal system to help you keep out of trouble - or find it. In short, Legends of Aria is doing a great job so far at re-creating the game that changed the world and it is your duty as a goon to get involved and do goonish things.

What can I do in this game?
Stealing NEW!
Build and decorate a house/town!
Troll pubbies!
Run dungeons!
Chop trees!
Craft things!
Make gold!
Buy/Sell things!
Mine rocks and ore and cry as you try to make more god drat ingots!
Kill people!
Undercut pubbies!
Troll pubbies!
Gather regs!
Spend hours trying to make a table!
Tame and ride/sell/use creatures! :horse::horse::horse:
Drag health-bars around your screen!
Troll pubbies!
Set traps!
In Vas Flam!
Also, troll pubbies!

Discord!
You can now Join the Discord!. You will need to auth to access all channels. On joining, you'll receive instructions on how to do so.

J4G's are not welcome, your SA account must be at least three months old with active posting history

You can also join the official LoU Discord. However, if you insist on doing so, make sure you read their rules beforehand. They are at the bottom of this post. Change your name to [GOON] username.

Is there a Goon Guild?
Yes! We are Goon Squad :getin:
Invites can only be done when physically standing next to one another so your best bet is to ask in Discord once you're authed so someone can meet you and invite you.
Let's be red and give the pubbies what they want! :ccp: :regd08:

Once you join discord and log into the game, ask someone to help get you to Goontown. One of our very friendly members will show you the way to your new home.

Why do people have different colored names?
Blue = Good person - They haven't made any recent criminal acts or murders
Gray = Criminal - They've broken the world rules (eg, looting a player in town, attacking another player). You can kill them without suffering any consequences
Red = Murderer - They've killed people and they're free game for your mighty sword or fists or whatever you're using. You can kill them without suffering any consequences.

If you start killing blue people, you will turn red. This will eventually go away after a long time in game. Logging off for a month does not count!
:siren:For the love of all that is holy, DO NOT GO TO A PROTECTED AREA (this includes Moongates) if you are RED or GRAY because the guards will kill you, loot your poo poo, and the populace will laugh at your dumb rear end:siren:

Do not kill <YOUNG> players or any players at a Moongate or bad things will happen to you most likely being banned

To check your murder count type I must consider my sins into the chat bar (do this in local, not world, guild or group) :gibs:

I died! How do I resurrect?
Like UO, there are wandering healers about and your minimap will have arrows to direct you to them. Talk with them and they will resurrect you. Run back to your corpse within 30 minutes or you'll lose whatever gubbins you were carrying, and while running, pray some rear end in a top hat hasn't stolen your poo poo. Players can also resurrect you. Mages can use a spell and people with first aid/healing above 80 can also revive you.

How do I cast spells?
Again, like UO, you will need a spellbook, sufficient mana and enough intellect to cast that spell. You will also need reagents (regs) to cast the spell. You can buy regs or collect them from the ground dotted about in the world. Spells also have a chance to fail so if you're a lovely, low skilled mage then you should probably work on your casting before looking for trouble you can't handle.

How do I play?
Buy a copy at the Legends of Aria website or on Steam. The cost is $19.99.

Am I going to lose my progress when the full UO Map drops?
Legends of Ultima does not intend to wipe player progress when the classic map goes active. This is not a guarantee, but they are planning on giving away free skillbooks and house deeds to restore your progress if that does happen.

I bought it! How do I join the LoU shard?

It's easy! You don't need any custom software and there's no need to edit any files. Start the game, click on 'Community', click on 'Legends of Ultima' then click 'Enter World'!

Screenshots! Videos!

Skyfire posted:

If you want to see how inept we are at PVP, watch us take 5 minutes to kill someone

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/299418730?t=01h25m39s

Comparison! (Jacked from the Shards Online thread):

Donations
If you enjoy playing Legends of Ultima and want to help the owners with server hosting costs, you can donate here!

:siren:SERVER POLITICS:siren:
Please try to avoid getting into server politics and chatting poo poo about or to GMs and the shard owners (I'm not saying anyone has, but resist the temptation). They're a few dudes trying to recreate UO (Stimwalt, Gorgon and Andi). They don't mind us being here, but they wont be happy if we start poo poo talking them and giving them hassle. I don't care what you do in PMs amongst other goons or whatever, but please keep that in mind. This is especially the case in the official LoU Discord. By all means, chat with them - they're human beings and they do make mistakes but toxicity is something they do not want - the same as any MMO admin out there.

Server Rules
Refer to the LoU server rules here to make sure you're not someone they're going to consider a heartless monster:

Pubbie Rage

quote:

Cuck Finn: Goonsquad is proud to report we have brought justice to a shoplifter! 

Silvena: That was my shop you idiots. 

Cuck Finn: Goonsquad is proud to report that we have struck a blow against the petty bourgeoisie tyrants who hold you in chains. 

quote:

Satyr: Praise Lowtax, for he is ill in health

Blixxer: i hope he has a flesh eating virus

quote:

Inquitous: Goon sqaud is trash. Pyramid scheme preying on noobs

quote:

Satyr: what is goon squad?

Stargoon: the guild

Aecus Namykos: Killers, griefers, Murderers, Destroyers of games

Aecus Namykos: thats what goons are

quote:

Doctor Professor: Are we talking about the fake goons? They seem suuuuuuuper cool

Chupacabra: Wait, what fake goons?

Chupacabra: You mean they're not real goons?

Doctor Professor: I'm just loving around but those goons arent even real goons

Chupacabra: I'm confused

Doctor Professor: theyre not from EVE, theyre form WoW apparently

TodosTeOdian: I suggest to collect the heads and put on the house entrance

Chpacabra: That is considered immoral

Johnny Bananas: Goon Squad doesn't die, it's impossible to collect our heads

Vesuvius: you wanna spout off that goon squad crap you can die with them

Chupacabra: Why, are you jealous?

Vesuvius: my house steps is littered with goon squad heads

Cupacabra: DOn't be jealous, for a one time fee of 100k you could join too!

Chupacabra: Praise Lowtax

Carl Winslow: Do you have stairs in your house

Vesuvius: Oh look a goon squad dork i havent killed yet

TodosTeOdian: xd

Chupacabra: Whom?

Vesuvius: u

Chupacabra: I'm not in Goon Squad, I am just a promotional assistant

Vesuvius: rest assured your day will come

quote:

Havagrim: Goons are the rednecks of UO

quote:

Optimus Chime: whos got runebooks for sale?

Satyr: Goon Squad has over 30 runebooks free for members

Satyr: If you're interested in joining, please let us know in Discord

TusMuertos: yeah all with blank runes

Optumus Chime: goon squad can lick my taint

quote:

Radamine: stupid newbi pks at glow quarry, takes 4 of em to kill a miner...

Johnny Bananas: Radamine, perhaps you should invest in the Goon Squad protection package!

Radamine: blow me

EresAdoptado: HAHAHhahaha

DJANGO: i knew the goons would show their real colours sooner or later

Radamine: do they have a history of douchbaggery?

DJANGO: they have been, rather different to the rest of us, to put it in a nice way...

Johnny Banans: That's not nice Django

DJANGO: well .. i love and respect special ppl ..

quote:

A wild Radamine appears!

Chupacabra: hi Radamine!

Radamine: faggots

Zeroblazing: thats pretty rude

Radamine: gently caress you

quote:

Chris: lol I just saw a goon member call someone else's guild dumb

quote:

zanos: the goons just took advantage of the crazy markup people have been doing

zanos: they pulled a walmart

quote:

Random: anyone selling full spellbooks?

decaff: yes, Goonmall

decaff: I just restocked them

Kyra: Don't buy from goons if you can help it, they are the dregs of society, the worst of the worst

Bizard: goons are poo poo

Bizard: exploiters

quote:

Teeras101: is there a rule for griefing or are goons just allowed to be total douches

Zorro: you can just leave

Teeras101: ohh look its the douche zorro himself

Teeras101: or you can go gently caress yourself

Teeras101: it doesnt matter what they do they suck admin dick

Teeras101: shity shity goons

quote:

Cow: it's great to see people cheer when they kill one of us (which, in honesty, really isnt that difficult)

tempuskaine: We get the same satisfaction from swatting annoying mosquitoes that irritate us as well so don’t pat yourself too much!

Join us and put these poo poo lords in their places!

We are little mosquitos, as dubbed by the pubbies.

a dmc delorean fucked around with this message at 21:15 on Nov 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Helpful Stuff!
This post will include help for those in the game

Also...
TAKE 50 MAGIC RESISTANCE DURING CHARACTER CREATION, YOU IDIOT. If you know what you're doing you can ignore this but if you don't, always always always take it!

Extremely helpful New Player Guide!!
One of LoU's pubbies, Lodestone, made this pretty good guide. Thanks for tracking it down, Skyfire.

Map
You can use /map to bring up the map in game in case L isn't working for you.

Turd Herder posted:

Not sure if people know about the map you can access out of the game.

http://legendsofultima.online/map

Monster spawns, champion spawns and dungeons can be found in this very useful imgr post!

M-m-m-m-macros!!
Yes, you can macro in this shard. That's right, you can play without playing - that is the true UO experience.
Get LoUHelper here and stop playing. Also, get the binary package rather than loving about with Auto Hotkey Scripts.

Custom shortcuts
Use /custom in game to make shortcuts and assign them to buttons. Remove the / prior to any commands though.
For example, to make a shortcut that will bring up your map, you'd use /map in text chat, but for a custom macro you would use just map, like this:
code:
map
To say "You suck", you would use:
code:
say You suck
To combine commands, you just add them in on an extra line. For example, if you wanted a shortcut that attempted to use the Detect Hidden and say "I'm detecting hidden things!" you would use:
code:
dh
say I'm detecting hidden things!
A helpful custom command is for mounting. Make it and drag it onto your hot bar. No one wants to be scrabbling around trying to right click their mount to get on it in the heat of the moment.
code:
mount
Another helpful custom command is for opening doors. Make it and drag it onto your hot bar and never struggle with doors again!
code:
opendoor
You can also use the below but be careful with it. If you're a crafter and running into the gates of town with a bear following you, you'll be opening those hell gates the moment you are within range of them.
code:
toggleopendoors
Mounts
You can ride a horse, a warg, a cu, a wyvern, a Nightmare (magical casting horse!) and probably some other poo poo too. Ethereal mounts exist including a troll mount which, in honesty, looks like a fat transparent gorilla. Tame them or buy them from the stable master.
The game uses pack beetles rather than horses and they come in two varieties - plain and fire. Fire can hold a bit more, function as a portable forge and can also hold its own in a fight against weaker monsters. Plain beetles will just carry stuff.

Skill Guides
Think about what kind of character you want to play before you make it. Don't worry, though - you can't really go wrong. You can start with 4 skills at 30 when you make a new character, but you can also buy skillbooks for 300g each from the trainer vendor (with the exception of Magic Resistance (MR) so you'd do well to take that from the start).

MR is important, so here's a quick little tip: MR = Start with 50, suffer through firewall until you're 55, get smashed with earthquake until your're 100
We have mages, and I'm sure they'll be happy to help you boost your MR. To be nice, it would be kind to give them a bunch of regs or gold if you can afford it now or in the future.
You can also have magic mobs cast on you, but this may take longer to boost the skill. It's a difficult skill to gain.

Note: Mages and bards are cool, but are expensive to skill up due to all the regs and flutes you'll need. If you're starting here fresh, your best off making a dexxer. To get you started, there are Dexxer Bags available at the Guild house which contain the items you'll need! Grab a friendly goon and ask if you can punch them in the face for a while to boost your combat and healing skills up.

Dexxer
100 - Swordsmanship, Fencing or Macing
100 - Tactics
100 - Anatomy
100 - Magic Resistance
100 - Parry (if you're going to go 2 handed weapons, don't worry about this, but you'll get hurt more when being attacked)
84 - Healing (Healing apparently maxes out at 84, so although you can get to 100 in it, it does not have any bonuses beyond 84 at present)
16 - Poisoning
You'll now have 116 skill points remaining (or 216 if you aren't going to use parry).
They also plan to allow Lumber jacking to boost melee attacks, so that would also make an ideal skill to go with this if you want to shuffle things about.

Archer
100 - Archery
100 - Tactics
100 - Anatomy
100 - Magic Resistance
100 - Hiding
100 - Stealth
84 - Healing (Healing apparently maxes out at 84, so although you can get to 100 in it, it does not have any bonuses beyond 84 at present)
Go wild with your last 16 points!

If you're horribly unorganised (who isn't?) and feel you might run out of arrows (or feel you might die and lose them all) then drop Hiding and Stealth and take a melee skill like Swords, Maces or fencing as well as perhaps Parrying

a dmc delorean fucked around with this message at 09:47 on Sep 16, 2018

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
just watch it for a second
I'm in as Dhof in Britain. No idea how this game works yet, but that's how UO was for me as well.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

sevenflow posted:

I'm in as Dhof in Britain. No idea how this game works yet, but that's how UO was for me as well.

Do you have any idea about what kind of character you want to play as?

sevenflow
Jun 28, 2003
just watch it for a second

Angelwolf posted:

Do you have any idea about what kind of character you want to play as?

Nope! Probably a melee dungeon crawler, if dungeon crawling is a thing. I didn't play enough UO to understand how viable that was. Otherwise probably open to whatever.

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug

sevenflow posted:

Nope! Probably a melee dungeon crawler, if dungeon crawling is a thing. I didn't play enough UO to understand how viable that was. Otherwise probably open to whatever.
Kind of what I'm doing right now. I played enough UOForever to remember some basics on melee classes, so I went swords, anatomy, tactics, etc. Been farming gold in dungeons, which has been a good source of income so far.

Tentative IGN is Keanu Reeves.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I wish that we could require that all communication while on this shard be done through ICQ. :v:

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
Melee is pretty good, you'll definitely need to get your healing/first aid skills up too. 60 points will allow you to cure poisoning and 80 means you can resurrect. You'll also want to increase your Magic Resistance (MR).

Like UO, lumberjack gives a damage bonus if you decide to use an axe as your weapon

When we get a guild made up, you can hit each other to gain skills. If you're in the same guild then you won't trigger the criminal system either.

Dungeon crawling is good gold but watch out for red players. Jason and Baddington Bear are known for PKing in them. Another good source of gold is fishing, the sea serpents can drop a lot but they're pretty tough - it's best to have one or two guys fishing and another two to murder the fished up monsters

Also, in case you didn't know: all skills can be trained to 30 through a trainer. Using a training dummy can also get melee skills including tactics up to 30 for free.

I said come in! posted:

I wish that we could require that all communication while on this shard be done through ICQ. :v:

Eh-ohh!

a dmc delorean fucked around with this message at 07:08 on Jul 5, 2018

Pigbottom
Sep 23, 2007

Time is never wasted when you're wasted all the time.
This can be really cool. How many players do they support per server?

I'm a little short right now, but if we get a good goon group I might pick this up. UO release was the best mmo times I ever had.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
i might try this out this weekend

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Pigbottom posted:

This can be really cool. How many players do they support per server?

I'm a little short right now, but if we get a good goon group I might pick this up. UO release was the best mmo times I ever had.

I don't know how much they can actually handle since there hasn't been enough people online to stress the servers but push come to shove, they have the resources to do a second server and servers will be able to be clustered so progression will be shared across both.

IG name: AlexanderDeLarge

Also the game is getting a somewhat significant graphical overhaul. It looks pretty good now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaMhfWggDUs

For anyone on the fence, there should be an open beta this month or next month.

Also if someone else isn't going to post a referral link, I'll do it shamelessly. Help me get a cool in game hat/decorations in the official servers. I think referrals get something cool too.
http://www.legendsofaria.com/purchase/?referral=ff-3a72

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 02:18 on Jul 9, 2018

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I don't know how much they can actually handle since there hasn't been enough people online to stress the servers but push come to shove, they have the resources to do a second server and servers will be able to be clustered so progression will be shared across both.

IG name: AlexanderDeLarge

Also the game is getting a somewhat significant graphical overhaul. It looks pretty good now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EaMhfWggDUs

For anyone on the fence, there should be an open beta this month or next month.

Nice shiny new graphics are nice, but I kinda wish they would work on the clunky rear end combat.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Boo being US East server, my ping would be atrocious. Looks cool though.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK
This looks really fun.

Is the game still in Alpha though?

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Turd Herder posted:

This looks really fun.

Is the game still in Alpha though?

It's in beta

clone on the phone posted:

Boo being US East server, my ping would be atrocious. Looks cool though.

I play from UK and my ping is fine!

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Angelwolf posted:

It's in beta

I play from UK and my ping is fine!

I'm in Australia which is quite a bit further away.

Rikthor
Sep 28, 2008
How's the skill gain?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

How do you go about starting your own Legends of Aria server anyways?

Navraz
Sep 17, 2007

I blame it on my own sick pride
Sugartime Jones
Give them 200 bux and a handjob i think.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

Navraz posted:

Give them 200 bux and a handjob i think.

Halfway there. Anyone wanna lend me $200?

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

I said come in! posted:

How do you go about starting your own Legends of Aria server anyways?

I think you buy a plan from Citadel Studios.

Rikthor posted:

How's the skill gain?

Probably on par with UO if that helps?

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

How many players are on this Shard?

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
How accurate is the legends server's overworld to UO's overworld? I'm guessing it'll be based on release or maybe t2a?

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Freakazoid_ posted:

How accurate is the legends server's overworld to UO's overworld? I'm guessing it'll be based on release or maybe t2a?

If you're talking about the map, it'll be introduced approaching steam release as this is when Citadel Studios will release the option to do this. Currently the LoA map is being used - but it's still pretty good and there are active dungeons.

Turd Herder posted:

How many players are on this Shard?

There are always people online, but it's been less busy since summer time started. With the steam release and end of summer, it's expected to pick up a great deal. Nows a good time to get in, get your skills and get a housing plot!

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

Freakazoid_ posted:

Right now it's using Legends of Aria's default map because they don't have the ability to modify that. The upcoming Steam Early Access launch will allow them to use the Britannia map they've been working on. No idea what era it'll be based on.
Join their discord https://discord.gg/N9ByNCr

dipwood
Feb 22, 2004

rouge means red in french
I'm not too familiar with UO or LoA, is there any sort of organized player owned territory capture?

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

dipwood posted:

I'm not too familiar with UO or LoA, is there any sort of organized player owned territory capture?

Traditionally, no - guilds and their members would try to place their houses near each other but this wasn't always possible.

LoU, however, have recently added in an extra feature whereby guilds can form their own guild town (for quite a high price). Capture isn't possible, though, just the routine murderizing of pubbies.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
On a somewhat related note I wouldn't expect them to go all UOForever/Renaissance on us with this. They seem to be interpreting where a hypothetical Ultima Online 2 would've gone and I'm far more interested in that. I'm sure there'll be competing shards that go full nostalgia where it's the equivalent of the free shards but in the new engine but this isn't going to be it.

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
One of the coders, Stimwalt, is in my LoA guild, and I've spoken with him on their plans. Once they have all of the features moved over from UO that they're after, they do want to do custom content in the spirit of Ultima Online's earlier years.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

I took the plunge. In game name StinkSlinkerton

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Turd Herder posted:

I took the plunge. In game name StinkSlinkerton

Welcome to THUNDERDOME :black101:

PsychicToaster posted:

One of the coders, Stimwalt, is in my LoA guild, and I've spoken with him on their plans. Once they have all of the features moved over from UO that they're after, they do want to do custom content in the spirit of Ultima Online's earlier years.

Stimwalt is a cool, chill guy with a vision. This Shard wouldn't exist without his passion

a dmc delorean fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jul 8, 2018

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010

Angelwolf posted:

Welcome to THUNDERDOME :black101:

Stimwalt is a cool, chill guy with a vision. This Shard wouldn't exist without his passion

He is a fantastic dude and I can't wait to see what else they do.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
:siren: Discord server is up! :siren:

Click here to join. You will need to auth with GDN Bot, and it will message you to guide you through the process. It's very easy, join the server and use !authme SAusername and the bot will guide you through the process. It will give you a code to add to your SA profile and then ask you to message it back to confirm you've done it.

Please let me know if this works or doesn't work - I'm a moron when it comes to stuff like this. You should only be able to access one chat channel prior to auth (lobby) and once authed, you should have access to an additional chat channel as well as three voice channels.

a dmc delorean fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Jul 9, 2018

jhorphear
Apr 24, 2013

Ask me about telling people not to change my avatar
i was about to reinstall UOF, this was a snap purchase, installing now.

also, the GDN bot isnt talking to me

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

jhorphear posted:

i was about to reinstall UOF, this was a snap purchase, installing now.

also, the GDN bot isnt talking to me

Welcome aboard! :toot:

I've asked the GDN guys for some help given the bot was giving trouble on other discord servers known to work. If people have authed on other servers it will at least carry over, and for anyone having trouble I can give them the correct role manually to bypass the bot

Stumpus
Dec 25, 2009
Can you macro in this game? I loved UO as a kid, when I had plenty of time that I could waste playing it instead of rounding out myself as a human being. Now I do not.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender
Can I steal from people at the bank with this?

insomne
Nov 26, 2007

unrestrained rhythms.

Node posted:

Can I steal from people at the bank with this?

As far as I understand, stealing isn't in yet, but will be. They just finished lockpicking apparently.

Might pick this up tonight, looks cool and I love UO.

Node
May 20, 2001

KICKED IN THE COOTER
:dings:
Taco Defender

insomne posted:

As far as I understand, stealing isn't in yet, but will be. They just finished lockpicking apparently.

Might pick this up tonight, looks cool and I love UO.

If I can't steal someones black pearls so they can't recall somewhere else then I have no reason to play, or reason to live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Stumpus posted:

Can you macro in this game? I loved UO as a kid, when I had plenty of time that I could waste playing it instead of rounding out myself as a human being. Now I do not.

Rules differ from shard to shard, but LoU allows macros :v:

I personally use Mini Mouse Macro. Some people are already developing LoAssist, too.