Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Bought the game, made a character, and Auth'd in discord. Will anyone be playing tonight (~8pm est) who can shoot me a guild invite? I'd like to undercut pubbies, please

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

scopes posted:

I'm in when Stealing makes it in.

I already own the game, so given that tinker traps are in, I might be in shortly.

I can already see my work productivity remaining about the same, except I won't be as bored.

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Who could be scared of a Jeffrey?
The first non-newbie dungeon is fantastic for cash. You can make about 5k per clear of the 1st floor using a dexxer. If you can scrounge up enough cash to get a 2h silver weapon, then you can kill each mob in about 3-4 swings. Clear the floor in about 15-20 min, run to the bank, dump the stuff, and get back.

Its even faster if you invest in a couple recall runes and a stack of scrolls. Recall scrolls and runes are Blessed and therefore you won't lose them when you die. So you dont have to worry about carrying them with you.

Noise Complaint fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Aug 1, 2018

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Apparently we're at war with the Spanish now. I'm sorry. It's not totally my fault.

We have some allies though, the Germans have our back.

diapermeat
Feb 10, 2009
Man you guys are hitting all those nostalgia itches...... tempting..

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

"I drink Sangria made from their blood" - German Guy, This bad game, 2018

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Hey i have an account given to me thats empty.

If anyone wants to try hit me up in discord.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
Our forever war against the Vile Spaniard has brought back great memories of using Google translate for poo poo talking purposes.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

App13 posted:

Bought the game, made a character, and Auth'd in discord. Will anyone be playing tonight (~8pm est) who can shoot me a guild invite? I'd like to undercut pubbies, please

Usually people online. Ask in discord when you need an invite and make your way to HQ.

We've now got 1.13 mil of 1.6 for the Church of Lowtax.

<Satyr> Praise Lowtax, for he is ill in health
<Blixxer> i hope he has a flesh eating virus

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

So it seems getting flagged for an inappropriate name "your mother" while shittalking in Spanish gets your name changed to Madre. Dios mio!

Noise Complaint
Sep 27, 2004

Our fearless leader protected me from being banned after I PK'ed a young player.

Thanks fearless leader.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Noise Complaint posted:

Our fearless leader protected me from being banned after I PK'ed a young player.

Thanks fearless leader.

Are you still stuck with the "Warning - I touch young players" tag? Because lol. From last night's murder party:

quote:

Cuck Finn: Goonsquad is proud to report we have brought justice to a shoplifter!

Silvena: That was my shop you idiots.

Cuck Finn: Goonsquad is proud to report that we have struck a blow against the petty bourgeoisie tyrants who hold you in chains.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

Cuck Finn: Goonsquad is proud to report we have brought justice to a shoplifter!

Silvena: That was my shop you idiots.

Cuck Finn: Goonsquad is proud to report that we have struck a blow against the petty bourgeoisie tyrants who hold you in chains.

Haha that's great

Dante fucked around with this message at 12:31 on Aug 4, 2018

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
insightful finland commentary in the new ultima thread :wow:

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
That is an amazing avatar, who did you annoy :v:

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
some dude went nuts cause I made fun of wonder womans pro-idf tweeters

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Noise Complaint posted:

Thanks fearless leader.

You're welcome. Now please, no more touching Youngs

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

All goons please check discord for a vote on the squad's future.

Pulvis Sumus
Jul 27, 2011
Debated for a few days whether or not I should buy this, but I ended up going for it. I'm in game as Ghost Mantra currently wandering towards Brit.

Pulvis Sumus fucked around with this message at 04:23 on Aug 5, 2018

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Pulvis Sumus posted:

Debated for a few days whether or not I should buy this, but I ended up going for it. I'm in game as Ghost Mantra currently wandering towards Brit.

Get your goony rear end to HQ where we can invite you and initiate you to the Church of Lowtax

App13
Dec 31, 2011

I died in a sewer and my corpse was being guarded by vampires.

I lost everything.

10/10 this game is great

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Finally broke down, bought the game, installed, created a new character, killed a bear, server went down. A+

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Doom Rooster posted:

Finally broke down, bought the game, installed, created a new character, killed a bear, server went down. A+

That's a known bug. You're supposed to grind for two weeks before you can kill the bear.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
The Goonpocolypse is dawning

Also, I hear Citadel Studios have now begun to roll out custom asset access. Oh, how I hope we have llamas

a dmc delorean fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Aug 5, 2018

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Thanks for the invite Goons. Snagged the newbie dexer sword kit and started killing stuff much more effectively.

Does fighting harder stuff increase skill gains any faster?

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Doom Rooster posted:

Thanks for the invite Goons. Snagged the newbie dexer sword kit and started killing stuff much more effectively.

Does fighting harder stuff increase skill gains any faster?
Nope, it's all classic UO. You gain by use, doesn't matter if you hit a rabbit or a champion.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
:siren:LISTEN UP, NERDS - WE ARE MOVING GOON TOWN:siren:

We are moving Goon Town closer to Bucc's Den.
There is a portal from Occlo that goes to this location so although geographically it is further away, the walk is actually faster.

The new location will have structures organised in a more efficient way. It is against server rules to deliberately block off resources from other people by placing a line of houses. Therefore, we will make the Goon Street Gauntlet.
This will mean two rows of houses with a narrow path between them. Pubbies beware, because Goon the Ripper could pop out at any time.

I envision the area looking something like this, HS being House, = being a pathway, HQ being the all new Church of St Lowtax:
code:
|HS|-|HS| 
=====|HS|-|HS|-|HS| Tempting resources
|HQ|=============== Tempting resources
=====|HS|-|HS|-|HS| Tempting resources
|HS|-|HS|
We will be making the move tomorrow (Monday 6th August) so chime in soon if you want to change this. Or just place your houses wherever the gently caress you want because you want to defy your dictator.

We are going to need Mages to make a portal from Current HQ to New HQ so we can move all the poo poo out of the current place. Some people have multiple accounts so an outpost can be made somewhere for safer crafting if so desired.
Dante/Dovestrangler will be using his alt account to ready up Goon Mart.

Dante posted:

Nope, it's all classic UO. You gain by use, doesn't matter if you hit a rabbit or a champion.

or a goon :q:

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug
Setting up macroing overnight is a no go for me, but setting it up before going to work is great. What should a brand new dexer start with?

Bettyspagh3tt1
Jan 24, 2009
As I read this thread this gets more and more tempting

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Bettyspagh3tt1 posted:

As I read this thread this gets more and more tempting

If all the goons idling in discord are active then we make up roughly 5% of the server population (based on the number of people idling in the official discord). The status quo is a bunch of old money jerking themselves off and a gold rush of new/old players is coming soon.

The joy of playing as goons is inversely proportional to the strictness of anti-griefing protection and this game allows you the ability to behead your foes and mount their heads on your wall.

In as Walter Buttons/Cuck Finn/A MOM and a player to be named later.

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

Doom Rooster posted:

Setting up macroing overnight is a no go for me, but setting it up before going to work is great. What should a brand new dexer start with?
Take Magic Resist, Fencing, Tactics and Healing as your four initial skills. Buy up anatomy to 30 after you start. For your last two you could do whatever you want, parry and poisoning is a strong PvP build. Magery helps for quality of life stuff.
Fight in brit sewers level 2 and farm harpys until you have 60ish weapon skills. Then buy a silver weapon and farm deception. You can make your own bandages from taking the cart behind Moonglow to Mag farms and pick cotton, then weave and cut it twice.

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

Dante posted:

Take Magic Resist, Fencing, Tactics and Healing as your four initial skills. Buy up anatomy to 30 after you start. For your last two you could do whatever you want, parry and poisoning is a strong PvP build. Magery helps for quality of life stuff.
Fight in brit sewers level 2 and farm harpys until you have 60ish weapon skills. Then buy a silver weapon and farm deception. You can make your own bandages from taking the cart behind Moonglow to Mag farms and pick cotton, then weave and cut it twice.

Ahhh poo poo, I should have been more clear. Character is already created and I have a few hours loving around. What SKILLS should I macro first before heading to work?

I took Swords, parry, tactics and anatomy. Gonna swing by and buy the MR, healing and magery books.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Doom Rooster posted:

Ahhh poo poo, I should have been more clear. Character is already created and I have a few hours loving around. What SKILLS should I macro first before heading to work?

I took Swords, parry, tactics and anatomy. Gonna swing by and buy the MR, healing and magery books.

You're not gonna be buying an MR book, pal.

You can macro healing and swords by hitting on a goon afk and healing them while you swing

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Have melee gains improved at all recently? The other day when I was AFK hitting I got nothing in mace fighting after an hour

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

You might be hitting the wrong thing. You can GM weapons for the low 80s in an evening of hitting shadow elementals.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

That could definitely be it. I was hitting a goon with a mace, getting a lot of healing and anatomy points but nothing for melee

Dante
Feb 8, 2003

App13 posted:

That could definitely be it. I was hitting a goon with a mace, getting a lot of healing and anatomy points but nothing for melee

Yeah sparring gains broke a few days ago, not sure if this is intended or a bug.

App13
Dec 31, 2011

Any hot spots to semi-afk macro melee then?

soy
Jul 7, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Angelwolf posted:

You're not gonna be buying an MR book, pal.

You can macro healing and swords by hitting on a goon afk and healing them while you swing

If you hosed up like me and didn't pick MR don't worry too much about it.. it goes up really fast.

App13 posted:

Any hot spots to semi-afk macro melee then?

Goon town, which is moving today, but is safe...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doom Rooster
Sep 3, 2008

Pillbug

soy posted:

If you hosed up like me and didn't pick MR don't worry too much about it.. it goes up really fast.

Goon town, which is moving today, but is safe...

Sweet. Gonna stick it out then. Thanks.

Also, where the hell do you get bags? My pack is so full of random poo poo.