Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream
We do not talk about the goon discord. It is full of spies!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

The more you kick against the pricks, the more you suffer.
We're within a week of when it was mathematically possible to be the highest end crafter and already people are talking about forming cartels. Undercutting the market is going to be the most satisfying forms of pvp known.

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts posted:

We're within a week of when it was mathematically possible to be the highest end crafter and already people are talking about forming cartels. Undercutting the market is going to be the most satisfying forms of pvp known.

So your pretty much saying its like before?

Cause it seems alot like before.

Farm
Macro
Farm
Farm
Macro

Everyone is now GM everything and everybody has no less than 850k in the bank.

I understand why Stimwalt wanted a new economy and all

But People are just repeating what they did on old LoU, and nothings really changed.

cant wait to see how houses are going to play into this.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

They're fighting the wrong thing. The real problem with the economy is always going to be skill inflation. The economy doesn't die because there's too much gold. It dies because almost every player eventually makes themselves self-sufficient.

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Skill max-ing and becoming disengaged from the economy is a problem. I think dismissing conventional inflation is off the mark though. UO in every iteration I've seen it in has always had a huge problem with every monster-whacker being a gold faucet in to the economy and then having almost zero long-term drains in the sink. There are large costs if you, like, buy a castle or something, but they're almost always one-and-done ethereal mounts or neon clothing bless deeds or something. Almost nothing long-term and recurring to take money supply out of circulation. Reg costs is almost the only thing I can come up with. Long term that's just not sustainable.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Oh we've chatted about that. The obvious high end gold sinks are housing based.

1. Make all the existing housing in NPC towns rentable. Seventy percent of the structures already in game are empty. Make them individual plots and allow them to be rented month to month.

Bonus gold sink: storage wars style auctions on abandoned properties.

2. Rentable NPCs for player towns. Once you have your player towns established, allow tiers of rentable features to create a feeling indistinguishable from npc towns.
Pay monthly for the map to reflect that your collection of hovels is a real town.
Pay more monthly for placeable npc vendors
Pay even more monthly for a banker and guard coverage
Etc

FreeWifi!!
Oct 11, 2013

Okay, that's true. Good point, Marquess. Point for you. But you get a point taken away for being a dick. So, back to zero.

They're fighting the wrong thing. The real problem with the economy is always going to be skill inflation. The economy doesn't die because there's too much gold. It dies because almost every player eventually makes themselves self-sufficient.

This.

When i had my crafter on LoU i really needed for nothing but to go out and get supplies like wood and ore.

I uninstalled this a day ago, let me know when they get the sound fixed and how houses are going.

Chef Boyardeez Nuts
Sep 9, 2011

Ahaha holy poo poo. The Devs of this dumb game just instituted a CAPTCHA for resource gathering.

a dmc delorean
Jul 2, 2006

Live the dream

Ahaha holy poo poo. The Devs of this dumb game just instituted a CAPTCHA for resource gathering.

I think that's always been there but it was extremely infrequent

Kortel
Jan 7, 2008

Nothing to see here.

a dmc delorean posted:

I think that's always been there but it was extremely infrequent

It's been disabled for as long as I've played on the server. They reenabled it recently and it auto jails now if you don't see it. I typically work on the side while mining so this sucks.

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord

there isn't an :ughh: large enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zwdzk
Dec 12, 2012

smug

Visionary stuff.