Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Anpu posted:

I believe you and I are going to have difficulties.

Nah I think we will be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Actually though, I am always suss on people who don't want to engage. Joke phase or not. Make the thread what you want it to be, don't disengage. That's too easy an excuse for scum.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
confirming my role my as exodia's left testicle let's do this poo poo

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord

Beetphyxious posted:

Actually though, I am always suss on people who don't want to engage. Joke phase or not. Make the thread what you want it to be, don't disengage. That's too easy an excuse for scum.

I'm just bad at putting wording together and tend to overthink things :shobon:
This is a good point though, I'll try and do my best to be more active

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Why are you people mentioning Exodia so much? You know the card set that instantly wins the game.

Are there 3rd party card hunters?

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord

Anidav posted:

Why are you people mentioning Exodia so much? You know the card set that instantly wins the game.

Why would town be speculating about 3p so early? Seems susp 🤔

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...

Zyxyz posted:

Third parties are very common in most mafia setups and this feels like a weird reach.

Or a joke.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Because like 4 people at once made reference to it in joke when it was only used in one episode before it was destroyed. Since then there have been like hundreds of insta win monsters but for some reason people are referencing the insta win car that was used once then destroyed by a rag tag group of Rare card hunters

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord

Anpu posted:

Third parties are very common in most mafia setups and this feels like a weird reach.

Or a joke.
Maybe meta is different around here than where I'm used to then, sorry
The post I highlighted does still feel unnatural to me though

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord
Also exodia is one of the most well-known monsters, so ofc people would turn to it for jokephase!

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I have opened your two eyes. I have opened your mouth with the instruments of Anpu...
Even I know Exodia and blue eyes white dragon.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
im a good dude

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Eh I'm just looking for leads.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Anidav posted:

Because like 4 people at once made reference to it in joke when it was only used in one episode before it was destroyed. Since then there have been like hundreds of insta win monsters but for some reason people are referencing the insta win car that was used once then destroyed by a rag tag group of Rare card hunters

I watched like 3 episodes of Yugioh and played the card game for all of five minutes so I can tell you the extent of mainstream yugioh references extend as far as:

- Exodia
- Blue eyes white dragon
- Fool! You’ve activated my trap card!
- Joey Wheeler saying “Yugs”
- time to d-d-d-duel

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

Someone should run a Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure mafia I’d be all over that.

Or a FLCL mafia.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Zyxyz posted:

I'm just bad at putting wording together and tend to overthink things :shobon:
This is a good point though, I'll try and do my best to be more active

Oh it was more to apnu than you but yeah.

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

Maybe we can vote to not lynch to just get the sweet night phase going.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

See you can joke!

I was worried you had no sense of humour.

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

I only have a sense of Justice.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!

Anidav posted:

I have a PR that requires mention Exodia's genitalia in every post.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Thicc Egyptian cock.

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

Does this game have a dick wagon too?

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

Beetphyxious posted:

No thank you.

Zyxyz
Mar 30, 2010
Buglord

Beetphyxious posted:

Mara is a Buddhist demon, so we're a few millennia too early for that on the mythology front (I think?)

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Beetphyxious posted:

Pls don't rolefish

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

If I catch a dickwagon do I have to throw it back?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Anpu posted:

Maybe we can vote to not lynch to just get the sweet night phase going.

Good idea

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

b-minus1 posted:

Good idea

I thought so.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
##vote no lynch
:getin:

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

b-minus1 posted:

##vote no lynch

Oh there’s a process for it? Fantastic.

##vote no lynch

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Anidav posted:

It wasn't destroyed by Rare Card Hunters, it was destroyed by Weevil because Weevil's a dick.

It was the Rare Card Hunters that inexplicably had other copies except maybe they were fakes?

gently caress, why do I remember this stuff.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

The Lord of Hats posted:

gently caress, why do I remember this stuff.
Because you are Weevil :P

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
Exodia and Blue Eye White Dragon are all I know

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Apparently this game has started.

At some point I will read it.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ok, that's done.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Zyxyz posted:

haha, Zyxyz, meet Anidav

Anpu posted:

Someone should run a Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure mafia I’d be all over that.

I ran 3 of em, not sure when I'll be up for another one but I bet you'd get a real kick out of reading the Stardust Crusaders one in particular.

b-minus1 posted:

##vote no lynch

binus you know better than this, at least you should anyway

##vote B-

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

So this game does have an interesting mechanic in that we draw cards at night. But I do not think a no lynch is good for town. We need a starting point to lynch scum, and I'd rather not wait around for a cop to claim.

I do think this game is unique and we need to at least discuss the pros and cons of a no lynch. My question is, what do we do day 2 with nothing but dead townies? We don't want cops to claim, they become targets.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

I get the desire to get to the card drawing and stuff fast.

But yeah, no cuddle D1 would be the worst. All it does is make D2 the new D1.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Khris Kruel posted:

So this game does have an interesting mechanic in that we draw cards at night. But I do not think a no lynch is good for town. We need a starting point to lynch scum, and I'd rather not wait around for a cop to claim.

I do think this game is unique and we need to at least discuss the pros and cons of a no lynch. My question is, what do we do day 2 with nothing but dead townies? We don't want cops to claim, they become targets.

I mean, I'm on your side that a no-lynch is not what I want, but for the record: In this game it's very much possible to get action results without claims. "Hi I'm VT but I played a watch card last night and here's my result"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anpu
Jun 26, 2018

Bifauxnen posted:

I ran 3 of em, not sure when I'll be up for another one but I bet you'd get a real kick out of reading the Stardust Crusaders one in particular.

I hope you do more I would love to play a mafia game with Jojo roles. I’ll go looking for those games when I’m not playing, thank you.

• Locked thread