Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
:ghost: that diamond club scum ping :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

so, Yugioh

anyone got any more good recaps for us?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

One time I ate beet and my pee turned red. It was pretty messed up.

Khris Kruel
Nov 5, 2003

Ask me about being a SJW in EE and working to make anyone who disagrees with me a villain and gets no opportunity to defend themselves at all because my army or sycophants I buy off with pixels follows me blindly.

my mom makes chocolate beet cakes. Everyone I know loves them, but when I was a kid I bit into a big rear end beet and I've refused to eat her beet cakes. She tells everyone I've always loved them though and is surprised every time I tell her I hate them.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CCKeane posted:

One time I ate beet and my pee turned red. It was pretty messed up.

Minifauxnen's favourite colour right now is pink, so no matter what she's talking about she'll try and talk about pink versions of it.

She was potty training one day recently and we were talking about her going poop in the potty, so she said "a PINK poop!!"

I told her the closest she would get is if she actually ate some beetroot, then she might get a purple poop!

But she still won't try beetroot.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
You don't want to get a kid aiming for purple poop

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

Minifauxnen's favourite colour right now is pink, so no matter what she's talking about she'll try and talk about pink versions of it.

She was potty training one day recently and we were talking about her going poop in the potty, so she said "a PINK poop!!"

I told her the closest she would get is if she actually ate some beetroot, then she might get a purple poop!

But she still won't try beetroot.

IIRC, Frankenberry, the old cereal, had some issues with how the dye was digested, resulting in pink stool. They reformulated the cereal after numerous parents consulted with doctors, confused by the unusual color.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Bifauxnen posted:

so, Yugioh

There is a professional Duel Monsters player by the name of Phil Hellmuth who was a highly skilled player who won many major Duel Monsters championships, and in fact to this day still holds the record for most WSODM (World Series of Duel Monsters) event wins. However, he has a reputation for running his mouth and often having a bad attitude at the Duel Monsters table, berating his opponents, criticizing their play, and getting tilted and swearing a lot, to the point where has been penalized with timeouts.

Kevin Bowen, AKA Fragmaster, created the fictitious persona "Bill Fillmaff" as a parody of Hellmuth. In his DVD Bill Fillmaff's secret system he provides many excellent Duel Monsters strategies that can make anyone into a winning player, so long as their opponent is not Bill Fillmaff. This eventually lead to a strange series of short videos by online Duel Monsters website UltimateBet in which Phil and Bill faced off, proving once and for all that while Phil is a champion of Duel Monsters, he can't act.

Being one of us, Bill Fillmaff partcipated in the GSODM (Goon Series of Duel Monsters) events on the website Full Tilt Duel Monsters. I engaged him in a hand once and was defeated by his signature hand of Card of the Dragon King + Dark Magician (not suited). I should've known better than to challenge the worldwide champ. Of Duel Monsters.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
In another arc there was a player who made a few waves by the name of Franklin Boyle. Not of all these waves are positive. He didn't tend to win any major events but the performances he put on were solid and he was able to pull off some major comeback wins, usually due to frequently drawing just the card he needed. Pot of Greed, which lets the player draw 2 cards from the deck to put in their hand, was a staple of his deck and always seemed to come out right before these wins, leading to the perfect draws.

For awhile, nobody thought anything of it, but when it started to happen repeatedly for these magical feeling wins someone did some analysis of video tapes of the matches and couldn't find the moment the card supposedly entered his hand, but these were in the days when VHS tapes were still fairly common. Duel Monsters games certainly weren't streamed, and they were rarely filmed, so Franklin's games tended to yield low quality footage to begin with. A young boy by the name of Chad Teach was the primary accuser. Admittedly he was probably just upset at having snatched defeat from the jaws of victory and took it personally.

In any case, little Chad started going to all of Franklin's games, watching him intently, refusing to miss a moment where a sleight of hand might occur. Nothing happened, nothing special at all. At first that seemed typical- Franklin wasn't known for winning all the time, but occasionally he'd have these flashy wins. But eventually Chad found he'd observed 100 of his games of Duel Monsters without seeing one instance of this at all.

Eventually Chad had to accept that maybe there wasn't anything to it at all. It had been a couple years and he was growing into new hobbies, and for the first time he skipped a game. That night he decided to check for the result and his favorite Yu-Gi-Oh BBS was blowing up with reactions about Franklin's amazing win over Annabelle Graves, generally considered to be a grandmaster of Duel Monsters. It was a less than 1% upset, but accounts indicating the last moves of the game included that Pot of Greed play.

Chad lied in bed that night thinking about it, wondering why it would suddenly happen now, the one time he'd let it go, and finally it hit him.

"A watched Boyle never pots!"

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide

Monathin posted:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

:golfclap:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Nat can I please modkill them

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I will not vote Nep until lylo. They have earned my respect.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

Monathin posted:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOO

:emptyquote:

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

I appreciate that content.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Nep-Nep posted:

There is a professional Duel Monsters player by the name of Phil Hellmuth who was a highly skilled player who won many major Duel Monsters championships, and in fact to this day still holds the record for most WSODM (World Series of Duel Monsters) event wins. However, he has a reputation for running his mouth and often having a bad attitude at the Duel Monsters table, berating his opponents, criticizing their play, and getting tilted and swearing a lot, to the point where has been penalized with timeouts.

Kevin Bowen, AKA Fragmaster, created the fictitious persona "Bill Fillmaff" as a parody of Hellmuth. In his DVD Bill Fillmaff's secret system he provides many excellent Duel Monsters strategies that can make anyone into a winning player, so long as their opponent is not Bill Fillmaff. This eventually lead to a strange series of short videos by online Duel Monsters website UltimateBet in which Phil and Bill faced off, proving once and for all that while Phil is a champion of Duel Monsters, he can't act.

Being one of us, Bill Fillmaff partcipated in the GSODM (Goon Series of Duel Monsters) events on the website Full Tilt Duel Monsters. I engaged him in a hand once and was defeated by his signature hand of Card of the Dragon King + Dark Magician (not suited). I should've known better than to challenge the worldwide champ. Of Duel Monsters.

What did you think about Bill Fillmaff playing Razz in the GSODM?

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

SalTheBard posted:

What did you think about Bill Fillmaff playing Razz in the GSODM?

I still remember the chilling moment where his opponent tried to front with K9643 and was sent to the Shadow Realm.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

Nep-Nep posted:

I still remember the chilling moment where his opponent tried to front with K9643 and was sent to the Shadow Realm.

I strongly remember he was a whore

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
(I seriously just watched that video the other day because it makes me laugh every single time)

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Podima posted:

Nat can I please modkill them

Nep Nep gets to draw an extra card.

Okay not actually but I thought about it.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Give me a card that does nothing and cannot be played, discarded or traded.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

A Badge of Honour card!

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Bifauxnen posted:

so, Yugioh

:ghost: Now that I'm dead, I'm free to be your friendly Anime Recap Ghost! :ghost:

Now that Joey's duel with Mai is over, we're going to have a few duels that aren't going to require quite as much attention (Most of the named duelists from this arc will show up again, but Mai is more prominent than pretty much any of them).

For example, they meet Mako Tsunami, who joey refers to as 'freaky fish guy'. Mako wants to use the prize money to buy a fishing boat! He duels Yugi, and because this is Duelist Kingdom, the match is full of nonsense--most significantly Yugi using Giant Soldier of Stone to attack the moon (the moon being a field spell which Yugi played that also buffed all of Mako's monsters because tides). Mako's a good sport about losing, end of episode.

Okay, I sort of lied, the episode after Mako is a doozy:

They see one of Pegasus's goons (if you've watched the Abridged series, this would be ATTENTION DUELISTS guy) trying to drag off a kid who's struggling, because the kid has no star chips (the victory tracking thing. Lose all your chips, you're out). The kid says no, his deck and star chips were stolen, he didn't lose them in a duel. Joey decides to be a hero and find this kid's stuff before he's kicked off the island. They get ambushed by the thief, Mokuba Kaiba, who is in disguise for the moment but that lasts basically no time.

Mokuba talks a bit about his respect for his brother, and how he hasn't been the same since he got loving MIND CRUSHED by Yami. Really, the fact that Kaiba eventually just shrugs it off is pretty incredible. Because Kaiba more or less disappears into hiding after that duel, a bunch of executive bigwigs at KaibaCorp--the Big Five, they'll pop up a couple more times--decide to work with Pegasus to try and force a merger. Due to arcane corporate bylaws, this means they have to kidnap Mokuba (which they do), and kill Kaiba. There's some inconsequential dueling going on, and eventually Yugi convinces Mokuba to return the star chips.

We get a cut to Kaiba obsessing over his defeat in a house precariously perched on a cliff. He also has the prototype Duel Disks, which he's apparently working on? In any case, Pegasus Goons show up to capture/kill him, and Kaiba grabs his metal briefcase of stuff and jumps out the window over the cliff to his apparent doom. He leaves his deck behind, though, and the goons swipe it.

Mokuba returns the star chips, and is immediately kidnapped by the goon who's there. Yugi challenges the goon to a duel, goon says he doesn't duel but he'll arrange one. They head to the established time and place and it's... Kaiba?

Guess what, it's not Kaiba! It's an impostor using the stolen deck. Boy, I bet you guys were all fooled. Yugi duels Fake Kaiba, while Real Kaiba remotely hacks the system to weaken the Blue Eyes that Fake Kaiba is using. It works... and then Blue Eyes just vanishes, because it 'heard its master's call'. Yugi wins and MIND CRUSHes Fake Kaiba. As a result of this, Pegasus and Yugi both know Real Kaiba is alive, Kaiba knows where Yugi is, and also the goon just left with Mokuba because why wouldn't he. Good work, goon (he does have a name, actually, it's Kemo).:ghost:

Next Time: Rex Raptor (for all of a couple sentences, then there's a bunch of more important stuff).

hambeet
Sep 13, 2002

:ghost: remember that time i shot the doc? that was a great episode :ghost:

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.
Night 3 Actions Have Been Resolved.

Deaths

50 pounds of bread, Espa Roba, Town aligned Vanilla was sent to the Shadow Realm!

Lurker Guns

No Lurker Guns have been awarded as nobody has met the criteria of being a lurker! Congratulations!

It is now D4! Deadline is 11pm EST on Wednesday the 25th of July.

Good Luck!

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (13): b-minus1, Bifauxnen, CCKeane, Dancer, give head or get dead, IllegallySober, Jeabus Mahogany, Khris Kruel, King Burgundy, Mr. Humalong, Nep-Nep, SalTheBard, Xad

With 13 alive, it's 7 votes to execute. The current deadline is July 25th, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 2 days, 2 hours.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before
lmfao at whoever did a thing to me. im not even mad

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

##vote Sal

Feeling reeeeeeal good about this vote.

give head or get dead
Feb 16, 2010

I gave out 3 flags last night, i failed to give one to somebody.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
im not sure how someone attacked me last night because it should have been reflected, so im guessing it was some strongman power or something like that. oh well

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

So you are claiming that someone attacked you and got through your reflection?

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

King Burgundy posted:

So you are claiming that someone attacked you and got through your reflection?

by attacked i mean someone destroyed my set trap card.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Ahhh.

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
Well we finally flipped a scum, so that's neat.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

My action failed last night.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib

give head or get dead posted:

##vote Sal

Feeling reeeeeeal good about this vote.

#Vote GHGD

I feel reaaaaal good about this vote.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

Fallen Rib
Wow I totally hosed that up trying to look cool.

##Vote GHGD
I feel reaaaaal good about this vote.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Looking at yesterday's vote, I think I have to have been wrong on Bminus.

There is pretty much no chance he votes Beet at that point if he's a scum bud. The only even semi rational reason he'd do that as scum is if GHGD is lying about being 3p and was ALSO a scum bud, and the odds of us being on 3 scum yesterday are pretty much nonexistent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

The person that looks the worst to me is Nep Nep. Seemed like a last gasp to move the vote, but then flopped immediately for cred when it was clear that wasn't going to happen.

The problem of course is he's been cleared as town. So that would mean either he's a godfather or KK is scum with him and lied about a teammate.

• Locked thread