Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
And she's dancing like she's never danced before

King Burgundy posted:

Looking at yesterday's vote, I think I have to have been wrong on Bminus.

There is pretty much no chance he votes Beet at that point if he's a scum bud. The only even semi rational reason he'd do that as scum is if GHGD is lying about being 3p and was ALSO a scum bud, and the odds of us being on 3 scum yesterday are pretty much nonexistent.

I'm glad you have finally seen the light (while also acknowledging that my posting so fair has been subpar). Time to get serious and find some scum.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

King Burgundy posted:

The person that looks the worst to me is Nep Nep. Seemed like a last gasp to move the vote, but then flopped immediately for cred when it was clear that wasn't going to happen.

The problem of course is he's been cleared as town. So that would mean either he's a godfather or KK is scum with him and lied about a teammate.

Yeah I'm looking at Sal and Nep nep today.

Still think we need to be wary of a 3p handing out items.

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

b-minus1 posted:

I'm in 100% agreement. I'm glad we got Beet yesterday (although at the expense of our Doc RIP Hats). How many people have flags? Because GHGD could be in a position to win today if we aren't careful.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

b-minus1 posted:

Yeah, I can see Sal now too. I'd also add Keane to the list as not looking great from the vote.

I'm fine starting here.

##vote Sal

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

King Burgundy posted:

Yeah, I can see Sal now too. I'd also add Keane to the list as not looking great from the vote.

I'm fine starting here.

##vote Sal

We know at least that GHGD is a 3p, I'm town, I win with Town. GHGD doesn't.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Jeabus Mahogany posted:

Well we finally flipped a scum, so that's neat.

it felt SO GOOD hahaha

SalTheBard posted:

Wow I totally hosed that up trying to look cool.

##Vote GHGD
I feel reaaaaal good about this vote.

I'm feeling the suspicion on Sal now, why go after a claimed 3P with lots of evidence of their flavor being legit, when we just flipped a high-volume straight up scum like Beet? Look him over for connections! This is super lazy.

Only reason I'm not voting him yet is I gotta go actually do all that looking myself, wasn't expecting to be alive today so that's neat

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I think scum might have a couple players who were coasting past the lurker line given that beet was pushing volume to shoot town

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh and can we also talk about Yami again, his replacement IS posted something I remember not liking in hindsight after Beets flip, but I gotta go find it and I'm a bit busy at lunch this time

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor

Nep-Nep posted:

I think scum might have a couple players who were coasting past the lurker line given that beet was pushing volume to shoot town

Who are these players you speak of

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

b-minus1 posted:

if we're going to look at Nep though, we'd prolly have to look at KK who claims to have copped Nep. If we decide that's likely bogus, I'd be more interested in voting KK in that case.

But let's see if he sounds any better today

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

SalTheBard posted:

We know at least that GHGD is a 3p, I'm town, I win with Town. GHGD doesn't.

Probably we are being dumb by not going after the claimed at least 3p. Maybe it will come back to haunt us since it certainly seems like whatever he's doing is escalating.

But I think you are probably scum, as opposed to only a possibly bad 3p. So that wins.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Bifauxnen posted:

oh and can we also talk about Yami again, his replacement IS posted something I remember not liking in hindsight after Beets flip, but I gotta go find it and I'm a bit busy at lunch this time

We can talk about me if you'd like but I posted nothing after Beet's flip except the :golfclap: to Nep's joke?

If you're instead referring to me showing up after the hammering vote to post the :redhammer: , that was only because I was in the middle of re-reading Beet as you requested only to get finished and see all that nonsense with the vig and the remaining votes already there.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

IllegallySober posted:

We can talk about me if you'd like but I posted nothing after Beet's flip except the :golfclap: to Nep's joke?

If you're instead referring to me showing up after the hammering vote to post the :redhammer: , that was only because I was in the middle of re-reading Beet as you requested only to get finished and see all that nonsense with the vig and the remaining votes already there.

I mean, looking back at your posts again now knowing Beet was scum, I found you suss again cause of your overall involvement that whole day

but oooh you sound so prepared with having to explain yourself hahaha

ok I'll just leave this here for now as a reminder

##vote IS

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

King Burgundy posted:

Probably we are being dumb by not going after the claimed at least 3p. Maybe it will come back to haunt us since it certainly seems like whatever he's doing is escalating.

I am personally pleased to see so much anti-American sentiment itt

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

FWIW, on a quick skim not currently seeing it. But I'll check out your case when you get a chance to make it.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

b-minus1 posted:

Who are these players you speak of

Sal fits my criteria

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

if we're going to look at Nep though, we'd prolly have to look at KK who claims to have copped Nep. If we decide that's likely bogus, I'd be more interested in voting KK in that case.

But let's see if he sounds any better today

Maybe. Would suck to cuddle an actual cop if Nep is just a godfather though. I don't think either is the right choice for today anyway though, so we can table it and maybe more info will come to light making the choice obvious on future days.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

hmm looking back at IS made me remember something about Sal, though. He did have that weird early case on Beet that he called off cause it sounded like it was mostly prompted by some bad recent experience with scum Beet in a different game?

While Beet could totally coach a scumbro to have a fake go at him, it still seems a bit odd. Probably won't have Sal near the top of my scum list today.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

Bifauxnen posted:

I mean, looking back at your posts again now knowing Beet was scum, I found you suss again cause of your overall involvement that whole day

but oooh you sound so prepared with having to explain yourself hahaha

ok I'll just leave this here for now as a reminder

##vote IS

I don't know what else to tell you regarding the timing of the end of the day, it's the truth. I'd like to hear more about what you mean in regards to my "overall involvement" the whole day because that's a pretty nebulous thing to defend myself against.

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

I am personally pleased to see so much anti-American sentiment itt

If I imagine GHGD as a proxy for Trump, it does make me want to vote him a lot more. :)

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

Bifauxnen posted:

hmm looking back at IS made me remember something about Sal, though. He did have that weird early case on Beet that he called off cause it sounded like it was mostly prompted by some bad recent experience with scum Beet in a different game?

While Beet could totally coach a scumbro to have a fake go at him, it still seems a bit odd. Probably won't have Sal near the top of my scum list today.

I'll have to go back and look at that when I have a bit more time.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

So IS was the one taking Sal to task about

IllegallySober posted:

Interesting. I think it's fair to characterize Beet as high-volume but I wouldn't call his posting "mostly low-content."

I also find it strange that you'd use the phrase "another town member flip" as if we'd had a long string of them. It's a 23 person game- having two townies flip to begin is not unexpected. Furthermore, we had no deaths N1- so for you to be so annoyed at having a townie flip on D2 (and particularly a lurker- even if you missed IP's post in response to Beet, you knew by definition he was lurking) that you just felt you had to case Beet off nothing more than "he's always scum" does not sit right with me.

what sort of content were you thinking Beet had, IS?

I really would like to see what stuff Beet posted that you thought had any meat to it, cause that might help look at who he was backing or framing up.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

IllegallySober posted:

I don't know what else to tell you regarding the timing of the end of the day, it's the truth. I'd like to hear more about what you mean in regards to my "overall involvement" the whole day because that's a pretty nebulous thing to defend myself against.

lol I don't even care about whatever you're talking about with the hammer, didn't even notice it enough to remember it at all. But I bet you'd love to reduce the case to just that, hey

gimme a minute

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

King Burgundy posted:

If I imagine GHGD as a proxy for Trump, it does make me want to vote him a lot more. :)

But then you're voting for Trump.

Bifauxnen posted:

I really would like to see what stuff Beet posted that you thought had any meat to it, cause that might help look at who he was backing or framing up.

Wow that post looks pretty bad post-flip.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Bifauxnen posted:

I'm happy to take a look at that but it's going to have to wait a bit. I'll try to get you something by morning.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I received a flag.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Also apologies for missing the hammer and deadline. I was in the middle of tanking wow dungeons I am in no way geared for :negative:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

another thing that bugs me about IS:

IllegallySober posted:

Bif seems to be playing her normal high-pressure jump-around game. Leaning town at this point.

I know I always expect people to just easily see and accept my shining beacon of pure obvious towniness, but often the people who bother to make a show of saying so turn out to be scum. So this made me go hmm but he did correctly identify a good specific reason to think I'm town in this game. So it wasn't too bad. Until he went and did it again!

IllegallySober posted:

I think we dunk you. Bif is right. You are WAY too passive this game to be town.

##vote B-

who ever actually says that?! scum who wanna suck up to me, that's who. And it seems extra weird to say "BIF is right" when all I'd said was a throwaway comment on how maybe KB was right.

Overall this really feels like he's trying to butter me up saying I'm right about something, that could maybe appease me and maybe be pursued instead of Beet.

Gotta finish my lunch now so here is just one more thing I found. This is IS possibly throwing some masterful shade at flipped town 50, by backing up KK when he's doing that bad setup spec about too many vigs on the dance floor:

Khris Kruel posted:

I'm guessing when you say supervig you mean unblockable.

That's alot of vig's for town. Scum must be able to block stuff, if zyxyz is telling the truth

IllegallySober posted:

That's basically what 50 claimed, right?

Mr. Humalong posted:

Holy poo poo.

... this immediate reply as if it's some kind of actual gotcha makes me wanna look at Humalong next though

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

oh yeah and don't forget there was all that D1 stuff I said about Yami too

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
Oh yeah, btw, b-minus is telling the truth about his trap being destroyed.

Last night I destroyed all the traps in play. In case someone investigated or watched a scum I didn't want anyone to get snagged or have something weird happen. It was a low priority move so it wouldn't have destroyed any traps set late night.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bif it was a joke. I make a lot of jokes.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Mr. Humalong posted:

It's a family trait; your mom made particularly long running one once.

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

CCKeane posted:

It's a family trait; your mom made particularly long running one once.

That's a rude thing to say about my sister.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Mr. Humalong posted:

That's a rude thing to say about my sister.

They don't call me CCNice.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Humalong posted:

what? Immediately after some people making actual accusations you just throw "holy poo poo" out to react to it as a joke?

I'll have to reread that whole exchange but I am not liking this explanation at all

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

what? Immediately after some people making actual accusations you just throw "holy poo poo" out to react to it as a joke?

I'll have to reread that whole exchange but I am not liking this explanation at all

Did I put a vote down on 50? I get that I'm target #4732 in Paranoid Bif's Game Plan but actually think about it for more than 5 seconds while you eat lunch. I thought ghogd was the best lunch option yesterday (until Beet's huge scumslip that I missed) even despite IS's weak attempt to deflect onto 50 who we all knew roleblocked everyone night 1 mostly for the comedy factor.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Mr. Humalong posted:

I get that I'm target #4732 in Paranoid Bif's Game Plan but

I know allears is just the most obnoxious as hell emote, but :allears:

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!
I think Humalong somewhat fits the feeling of potential members of Beet's coaster squad.

b-minus1
Jul 24, 2008

She's a maniac, maniac
on the floor
I won’t be able to dive into this until tomorrow. But there was, give or take a vote, 3 people with around 5 votes as deadline approached. Me, ghgd and beet. Beet was obviously active but lurking, and I imagine letting his scumbros try to attempt to convince the thread to Lynch me or ghgd. Eventually it reached a point where his Lynch was inevitable. We need to go back and look to see when exactly the momentum shifted to the point of no return. My guess is that at least one scum voted beet prior to the dayvig just to get ahead of it. Let’s try to figure out who that could be. I’ll work on this tomorrow when I’m at my comp

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Humalong
May 7, 2007

Bifauxnen posted:

I know allears is just the most obnoxious as hell emote, but :allears:

:wom:

• Locked thread