Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Welcome to the World of Duel Monsters!

This game is for 23 people. For lack of a better term we are going to call it "Role Insanity" because honestly that's what it is. There will be many players starting with Vanilla roles, however, owing to game mechanics they will not remain Vanilla for long.

Basic Information

Days will be 48-72 hours in length. Nights will be 24 hours. These are flexible based on when I want to be up and doing things. I’ll aim for midnight EST deadlines.
We’ll be using a combination of googledocs and Discord to manage everything, so please make sure you have access to those for the game.
Alignment changes are not part of this game.
This game will be co-modded by Podima who will handle flips when I'm asleep.
As signups come in a discord will become available for the game. I would ask that all players join so that I can grant easy access to spectator docs / other things.

Game Mechanic

The major mechanic for this game is that as a Yu-gi-oh character, you will be able to draw and play cards throughout the game.

Basic Card Rules

1. All players start with 1 normal card. Some characters start with one Special Card instead. A special card is typically a card that grants persistent or powerful effects. They are unique to their characters. Special cards may be affected by abilities in the same way as normal cards.
2. A player may opt to either draw or act with a card at night.
3. Players draw during twilight, cards drawn may be affected by night actions
4. When a card is played its ability resolves and the card is discarded. This happens even if the ability fails. So a roleblocked player will lose a card they chose to play if they chose to play one that turn.
5. A discard pile is maintained but is not observable apart from by certain card effects
6. Cards are not replaced. There are 77 normal cards available. Once the supply is exhausted, players may not draw cards.
7. Cards have a preset resolution order, with some taking priority over others. This order is not revealed to players.
8. Effects with multiple potential targets resolve at random unless stated otherwise. E.g. I target Podima with destroy monster. Podima has two monsters. A creature is chosen at random from those two and destroyed.

Card Types

Monster Typically a card that targets a player for an effect.
Spell Typically a card that alters hand state or game state.
Trap A card with various effects that resolve when targetted by another player. Trap cards are played as a lower priority action. They are considered "Set" once played. A "Set" trap will automatically activate when its activation criteria are met. Usually when targetted by another player.

Card Keywords

1. Hold: This card grants an effect through being held in hand.
2. Priority: This card acts at the beginning of the resolution order. If two priority cards are used, they resolve at the same time.
3. Low Priority: This card acts at the end of the card resolution order. This is before traps are set but after all other effects. If two low priority cards are used, they resolve at the same time.
4. Lower Priority (aka Trap Priority): This is resolution level for all trap cards when they are set. Trap cards are set after low priority but before lowest priority cards. Trap cards are assumed to have the lower priority keyword as they are traps.
5. Lowest Priority: This card acts after all other effects in the resolution order, no exclusions. If two lowest priority cards are used, they resolve at the same time.

General Mafia Rules (That have been stolen from Somberero)

1. Don't be poo poo to each other. This is a game, part of the game is having people react, but if you think you’re reacting badly, walk away, calm down, come back later.
2. If you post fewer than ten times across a day that comes within 12 hours of finishing, I will grant a free vig to be used by the player that posts the most targetted at you. This goes through any and all protection.
3. Don't edit your posts.
4. Don't talk after you're dead. I'll send you a PM to an Obs doc if you want to chat poo poo.
5. Feel free to post after the hammer/during twilight about non-game stuff.
6. Flavour is flavour, you’re welcome to pursue arguments on it if you want. However, scum are backed by elaborate fakeclaims. Additionally whilst I try to retain flavour justification for many abilities, they will not always match expectations.
7. No replacements after D2.
8. Don't directly quote any communication from me, including your role pm. If you have OOT communication with another player, the rule still applies.
9. Don't fake day actions.
10. If you are affected by a Day Action, do not post under any circumstances until we post the result of the Action. Everyone else is good to keep going

A note about result language

1. A result that successfully targets will yield the result. "You successfully x your target"
2. A result that does not successfully target will yield the result. "Your action fails."
3. If a player name is ever mentioned as part of a result, this is a mod error.
4. A "successful" target is defined as an ability resolving on someone. This does not have to be the intended target, so a redirected result will yield the same language as a result that has not been redirected.

I am aiming to start the game mid to late July, so somwhere around the weekend of the 21st ideally (if signups permit). This should allow us to dodge the majority of games that are currently running.

And with that.

I have one final statement:

Signups
  1. 50 pounds of bread
  2. Anidav
  3. Anomalous Amalgam
  4. Anpu
  5. Asiina
  6. b-minus1
  7. Beetphyxious
  8. Bifauxnen
  9. Dancer
  10. give head or get dead
  11. IcePhoenix
    IllegallySober
  12. Iron Chef Ramen
  13. Jeabus Mahogany
  14. Khris Kruel
  15. King Burgundy
  16. Monathin
  17. Mr. Humalong
  18. Nep-Nep
  19. SalTheBard
  20. The Lord of Hats
  21. Xad
  22. Zyxyz

Replaced out
Yami Fenrir

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Jul 19, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

SalTheBard posted:

Sure what the gently caress could go wrong in a Nat20 run, anime based game!

Pod's description upon review is that "It looks like fun."

Whether this is fun for him to observe and laugh at or fun for the players is unclear.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Dancer posted:

Nat20, can you promise me there will be no rewards for "most spammy poster" :v: ? In that case I'm in.

I have a small sheet where I write down all of my good game ideas.

That rule is not in that sheet.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
We're at 14 with that. 9 more! Tell your friends!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Beet merrily takes us up to 16, 7 more to go.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
4 more to go friends!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

VENGEANCE

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Hi everyone! Thanks for signing up!

I'll be finishing the back end tonight and we'll be aiming for a start on Sunday evening / Monday morning.

A discord link will show up here soon, when it does I'd like you to join the channel and post here with your discord ID when you have.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20 posted:

Hi everyone! Thanks for signing up!

I'll be finishing the back end tonight and we'll be aiming for a start on Sunday evening / Monday morning.

A discord link will show up here soon, when it does I'd like you to join the channel and post here with your discord ID when you have.

All of this was lies, I've finished the backend so the game can start today and we don't need mass discord. So I'm working on role PMs now and will start the game shortly.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Zyxyz

You appear to not have PMs. Is there some other way to contact you with your role?

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Natural 20 posted:

Zyxyz

You appear to not have PMs. Is there some other way to contact you with your role?

All role PMs are out.

The Day Begins!

Deadline is set for 11pm EST on Monday the 16th of June.

Have fun everyone!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Beetphyxious posted:

why can't someone make a game with flavour i know?

balance sheets and profit & loss mafia
hardwood deck mafia

I will make accounting mafia.

And we will be the only two to play.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Zyxyz posted:

Hi I slept through the start of the game, whoops
Not sure re: the role pm thing, maybe try and get a hold of me on discord somehow?

Give me your discord id please.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
The game is coming close to 12 hours before day end. This means that lurker guns will be in effect today.

Postcount list D1.

Dancer 1
50 pounds of bread 2
IcePhoenix 3
The Lord of Hats 4
Iron Chef Ramen 4
Xad 6
SalTheBard 7
Mr. Humalong 7
King Burgundy 9

*Lurker Gun Clear Zone*

Monathin 10
Jeabus Mahogany 10
Zyxyz 11
give head or get dead 12
Nep-Nep 13
b-minus1 14
Asiina 17
Anpu 25
Khris Kruel 34
Anomalous Amalgam 38
Yami Fenrir 42
Bifauxnen 42
Anidav 60
Beetphyxious 76

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Hi guys. I'll be heading to sleep soon.

If you have any pressing questions about the card mechanics at night that you need to ask me, please do so in the next half hour or so and I'll try to field as much as I can before bed.

Good luck!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Hi everyone. A friendly reminder.

Please submit your actions via your character sheets using the Action column.

If you're doing it right your action will go on Cell D2 for today.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Ah yes and if anything is unclear, please, please PM me.

It is literally no problem for me to answer and will save us heartache later.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Night 1 results have been processed.

The duelists ready their decks for a furious battle! With Anomalous Amalgam out the tournament so suddenly they prepare for the worst.

Nobody dies.

Replacements

IllegallySober Replaces Yami Fenrir. (Thanks for playing Yami)

Lurker Guns

Beetphyxious (104 posts D1) gains a Lurker Gun pointed at Icephoenix. (6 posts D1)

By using the action ##shoot as a day action, Beetphyxious may unblockably vig Icephoenix.

The deadline for today will be 11pm EST on Thursday the 19th of July.

Good luck!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

IcePhoenix, Yami-Yugi, Town aligned Dark Magician - Dark Magic Attack / Magical Hats / Dark Magic Expanded (One shot vig that cannot be redirected, oneshot miss chance, oneshot unkillable overnight) was killed!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Hi Everyone

We have another day that has gone to within 12 hours of deadline. Lurker guns will be active tomorrow.

Zyxyz 3
Jeabus Mahogany 4
Dancer 8
50 pounds of bread 7

Are all currently below the postcount limit.

Have fun!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Night 2 Actions Have Been Resolved

Deaths

Anidav, Grandpa, Town aligned Vanilla was sent to the shadow realm!

Anpu, Odion, Town aligned Vanilla was sent to the shadow realm!

Monathin ??? aligned ??? has been stumped! They may freely communicate in the thread for the remainder of the game but are counted as dead for both voting and night action purposes.

(Please note that flavour changes in the description of deaths to "sent to the shadow realm" are because I thought sending people to the shadow realm was more in line with Yugioh flavour)

Lurker Guns

Kris Khuel, 53 posts, gains a lurker gun pointed at ZYXYZ

Bifauxnen, 50 posts, gains a lurker gun pointed at 50 pounds of bread

Beetphyxious, 46 posts, gains a lurker gun pointed at The Lord of Hats

Day 3 begins. Deadline is set for Sunday 22nd of July at 11pm EST

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
CCKeane Replaces Asiina

No more Replacements

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Hi everyone!

D3 has come within 12 hours of deadline! Therefore lurker guns will be active tomorrow!

These players are currently below 10 posts.

SalTheBard - 9
Beetphyxious - 9
Mr. Humalong - 9
Dancer - 6
50 pounds of bread - 8
CCKeane - 9

Thanks and have a great day!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Podima posted:

Nat can I please modkill them

Nep Nep gets to draw an extra card.

Okay not actually but I thought about it.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Night 3 Actions Have Been Resolved.

Deaths

50 pounds of bread, Espa Roba, Town aligned Vanilla was sent to the Shadow Realm!

Lurker Guns

No Lurker Guns have been awarded as nobody has met the criteria of being a lurker! Congratulations!

It is now D4! Deadline is 11pm EST on Wednesday the 25th of July.

Good Luck!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
All Night Actions Have Been Processed!

Deaths

Illegallysober, Mai Valentine, Town aligned Harpy Lady (Tracker) was sent to the Shadow Realm!

Lurker Guns

Nobody is the subject of Lurker guns! Thank you very much for being so active!

Day 5 Begins, The Deadline is Sunday the 29th of July at 11pm EST - Yes this is a long day, but I don't like Friday/Saturday deadlines.

Good luck!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Hi everyone.

The day is now within 12 hours of ending.

The following players have fewer than 10 posts:

Khris Kruel 3
Mr. Humalong 4
Jeabus Mahogany 3
Xad 9
Nep-Nep 4

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Coo, coo coo. Coo coo! Coo coo coo.

##coo Coo Coo

Please don't fake day actions.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Night 5 Actions have been processed

Deaths

CCKeane, Mokuba Kaiba, Town aligned Vanilla was sent to the Shadow Realm!

Lurker Guns

Dancer 27 posts gains a lurker gun pointed at Khris Kruel

The deadline for Day 6 is Wednesday the 1st of August at 11pm EST

Good luck!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

votefinder posted:

Votecount for Day 6

Not Voting (9): b-minus1, Bifauxnen, Dancer, Jeabus Mahogany, Khris Kruel, King Burgundy, Mr. Humalong, Nep-Nep, Xad

With 9 alive, it's 5 votes to execute. The current deadline is August 01st, 2018 at 11 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 14 hours.

Humalong is dead. 8 alive, 5 votes.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Khris Kruel, Maximilian Pegasus, Scum aligned Thousand Eyes Restrict (Roleblock/Rolecop) was sent to the Shadow Realm!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

b-minus1, Ishizu Ishtar, Town aligned Winged Dragon of Ra (Nightkill Granted, God/Phoenix switch, Trap Immune/Strongman)
was sent to the Shadow Realm!

Please submit Night Actions for a deadline of 3am EST on Friday the 3rd of August.

Natural 20 fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Aug 2, 2018

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Mr. Humalong posted:

Please do not edit your posts.

SCREW THE RULES. I HAVE MOD POWERS.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
All Night Actions Have Been Posted

Kills

Nobody dies.

Lurker Guns

No Lurker guns have been awarded. Thanks for all being so active!.

Other Business

If you are confused about what cards do, or if a result or your hand state is not as you would expect, I would encourage asking me directly.

Day 7 begins, the deadline is flexible. It can either be Friday at 11pm EST (No lurker guns) or Sunday at 11pm EST.

I would ask active players to message me on discord (preferably) or via PM about their preference and I will set it accordingly with an announcement here.

Good luck!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
Long Deadline, Sunday 11pm EST

Lurker guns will be active.

Enjoy the rest of the day!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Dancer, Rafael, Town aligned Vanilla was sent to the Shadow Realm!

It is now Night 7, please submit all actions for 11pm EST on the 7th of August

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
All night actions have been processed!

Jeabus Mahogany, Mako Tsunami, Town aligned Vanilla was sent to the Shadow Realm!

Lurker Guns

No lurker guns today! Thanks!

The deadline for Day 8 is Tuesday the 7th of August at 11pm EST

Good luck!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.
All Night Actions have been processed.

Kills

Nep-Nep, Serenity Wheeler, Town aligned Vanilla was sent to the Shadow Realm!

Bifauxnen, Weevil Underwood, Town aligned Vanilla was endgamed!

King Burgundy, Yami-Bakura, Scum aligned Dark Sanctuary (Random Redirect) has won the game!

Congratulations to the scum team for an incredible victory! Commiserations to Town and America.

This is the spec doc:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1gttlKu0jS3JEi8diKatgwWOJHwHHfgGtcWNNpbZz4HI

And I will deal with discord momentarily!

Thank you very much for what was a wonderful game to watch and mod!

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

SalTheBard posted:

He absconded.

Yeah, didn't put a supreme victory wincon in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Saviour of Hallownest.

Anidav posted:

It would've worked if her card wasn't a priority card.

No it wouldn't!

You can't redirect a PGO! They don't have a target!

• Locked thread