Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Silly Burrito posted:

Playoffs begin tonight! :dance:

Run, Leonard, Run!!!!

Well, he ran. Some.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

darkwolf220 posted:

Well, he ran. Some.

I knew I should’ve traded him for Derrick Henry.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Well my team continues a proud tradition of having the star QB making GBS threads himself in the first round of the playoffs. -0.3? What the hell?

But honestly, since it meant my real life team gets the #1 seed back, I'm ok with it.

It looks like it's gonna be an all Montana NFC championship. Whichever of you two wins, beat the AFC and win a third straight Montana championship.

MikeyKins
May 9, 2004

Dan, there's a reason why we get emails calling you Le Bafart, Le Baturd, Le Bajerk...
I wonder where things went wrong for me this year.....

Only registered members can see post attachments!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

MikeyKins posted:

Adam Thielen could still rip off 50 points. It is possible.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

MikeyKins posted:

I feel you. Also a big sarcastic thanks to Leonard Fournette and Jimmy Graham.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Look at these guys complaining about just a QB making GBS threads the bed. It could be every player but 1. Even the bench guys! :haw:

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

darkwolf220 posted:

Look at these guys complaining about just a QB making GBS threads the bed. It could be every player but 1. Even the bench guys! :haw:

Ouch. That sucks too.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I'm shocked my team floor of ~80 pts per week (and 65 this week) wasn't enough to reach the finals. Good luck, goons!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

lmao that my doo doo team is on pace to go 3-0 in the consolation ladder after a 3-10 regular season

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Hate to see a Montana team lose, but congrats Spinnin Freeneys!

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Congrats!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

:toot:

I'll happily take 3rd, btw.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Thanks everyone! My first championship, the secret was drafting Mahomes.

The only bad part was it was a championship game with lots of good players and a ton of points, when the championship in this league should be bad QB's and backups being started in desperation.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Eltoasto posted:

The only bad part was it was a championship game with lots of good players and a ton of points, when the championship in this league should be bad QB's and backups being started in desperation.

Congratulations! You did a great job this year!!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

What? An actual good QB didn’t poo poo the bed and cost his 20 team league the title?

This will not do.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Eltoasto posted:

He was going to be a secret pick of mine, but you snagged him a few picks before me. Good work :)

Everyone, thanks for playing and making this a decade(loving really?!) of fun. Tune in after the holidays for a post mortem and see if we need to make improvements for next season.

chrix
Jan 3, 2004

Football man, the guy with the football plan

I love this league and can't wait to be in next year.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

chrix posted:

I love this league and can't wait to be in next year.

This except I'm sad that it'll be 3 more years until I make another run in the playoffs.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Well, my team was running strong 3/4th of the season but couldn't hold it together the last bit :shrug: . Looking forward to next year!

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Congrats to the winner. You did a thing!

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Silly Burrito posted:

My attempt using the rules at https://www.nfl.com/standings/tiebreakingprocedures with a bit of copy and pasting. TLDR:

NFC
1 seed: Deflated Bush, Montana Champ
2 seed: Inglorious Staffords, Romo Champ
3 seed: Seattle Frasiers
4 seed: Boudin Ballers

Bush vs. Ballers
Staffords vs. Frasiers

AFC:
1 seed: Jameis's Crab Legs Emporium, Marino Champ
2 seed: Spinnin Freeneys, Namath Champ
3 seed: San Francisco PoM
4 seed: Blank's Banks

Emporium vs Banks
Freeneys vs PoM

Explanations

NFC:

Bush and Staffords are the clear winners of their divisions. Boudin Ballers and Seattle Frasiers are tied at 9-4 with a 1-1 head to head record. Next tiebreak is best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division. SF 5-3, BB 4-4.

Well that wasn't so bad. Let's look at the AFC.

AFC
God you guys are a mess. Jameis's Crab Legs Emporium and Spinnin Freeneys are both 9-4 and have never played each other. So to see who the #1 seed is, we determine home-field priority among division-titlists, by applying Wild Card tie-breakers.

POM has a 6-3 record, BS has a 5-4 record in common games. So POM is the best remaining in that division BUT we're not done yet. Blank's Banks beat Zoltan Mesko 2-0, so it's the highest remaining in that division. But in a head to head sweep, POM beat Blank's Banks in their only matchup, so POM is seed #3.

So now we go back to the tiebreaker. Blank's Banks is still the remaining highest seed in its division and now Baller Status is the highest in its division. But now, Blank's Banks beat Baller Status in their game, so Blank's Banks gets seed #4.

AFC:
1 seed: Jameis's Crab Legs Emporium
2 seed: Spinnin Freeneys
3 seed: San Francisco PoM
4 seed: Blank's Banks

Darkwolf or Jetsguy, please check this out and if I messed up, show me where because good Lord this is nuts.

Can edit the names out of this post? And would the people who quoted you be so kind as to do likewise?

This page shows up when I google my name.

:tinfoil:

What I did above was just delete the whole section where they appear.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

tadashi posted:

Can edit the names out of this post? And would the people who quoted you be so kind as to do likewise?

No problem. I just deleted the whole post.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Don't be involved in any playoff scenarios and your name's not on it

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Or just have a super common name so if you are googled you get saturated with random people, most of them more famous. At a previous large company my email was myname04 because there were 4 others with the same name. I did enjoy getting invited to meetings in a conference room 3000 miles away though.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Pain of Mind posted:

Or just have a super common name so if you are googled you get saturated with random people, most of them more famous. At a previous large company my email was myname04 because there were 4 others with the same name. I did enjoy getting invited to meetings in a conference room 3000 miles away though.

Ned? Ned Ryerson? Is that you?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Pain of Mind posted:

Is your name Mary B and did we once work together?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

tadashi posted:

Done, sorry still sitting in a mostly empty apartment and just got internet

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Alright, the (real) NFL draft is nearly upon us, seems like a good excuse to talk about this :haw: Lets get some feedback on how things went last year. How was the new scoring for defenses, kickers and forced fumbles received? How did everyone like PPR? Is it at a balanced level? Any complaints about the waiver system rework? Any old gripes that we want to bring up again? New changes that don't involve weeks long drafting sessions? Let me know your thoughts and we will discuss them!

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

darkwolf220 posted:

Alright, the (real) NFL draft is nearly upon us, seems like a good excuse to talk about this :haw: Lets get some feedback on how things went last year. New changes that don't involve weeks long drafting sessions? Let me know your thoughts and we will discuss them!

How was the new scoring for defenses, kickers and forced fumbles received?

Fine with me. I didn’t notice any major game breakers.

How did everyone like PPR? Is it at a balanced level?

Same. No real major changes that I noticed.

Any complaints about the waiver system rework?

Nope. Forgot about it until you mentioned it.

Any old gripes that we want to bring up again?

Just the possibility of swapping up our out of conference opponents every year or so.

Other than that, I have no real complaints. I’m up for any suggestions for improvements, but besides FAAB (instead of waivers), I can’t think of any.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I preferred the old defensive scoring where if a team really got blown the gently caress out they'd get negative points - I'm okay with the other defensive changes, I just would like to see the floor lowered so the old -7 is possible again.

PPR and kicker scoring were both good changes, no feelings one way or another about waivers, and I agree with Silly Burrito that FAAB would be cool if it could be incorporated into something this big (I did it like 8 years ago in a fantasy baseball league and it was fun)

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I find defensive scoring here abstract enough that the points just show up, who knows what happened? I vastly prefer the non-resetting waivers, otherwise you win 3 games, then lose someone to injury and you are unable to make a good waiver pick for 13 weeks.

Also, I know this is a crazy suggestion, but what about having team QB? It seems kind of silly that a single QB injury could completely tank your team, and while people fighting over Mark Sanchez is amusing, it is not really "fair".

I agree that it would be more interesting to switch up conferences every year, at least to me it is a little stale playing essentially the same teams for 10 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Hey guyssss, I'm gonna have to give my spot to someone on the waiting list. Life's just got a lot busier and I can't give the time to this league that I would hope to expect to.

Somebody can have my spot. Thank you for having me!!