Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

Get that tombstone started, bruh, cause you done kilt me dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

SOON :stare:

Speaking of draft order and stuff, I expect to have a draft order for you guys by the 12th when owners are all checked it. Or sooner if Juiced stops touching themselves and pays attention :P

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Also... I hate to be a stickler, but shouldn't the tombstone read 'I'm a former loving 20 team league champion, bitch'

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Semantics.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
So, how stressful of a draft is a 20 man league compared to normal size leagues?

Especially if you end up picking #1 or #2 and have to wait 39-40 picks for all of your picks

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

89 posted:

So, how stressful of a draft is a 20 man league compared to normal size leagues?

Especially if you end up picking #1 or #2 and have to wait 39-40 picks for all of your picks

It isn't too bad as long as you cover your bases and get all your starters filled. You don't /need/ to take a QB in the first 2 rounds, but don't push it too far. Nothing sucks more than watching the 5 'acceptable' QBs get snatched up just before you pick and having to settle for whomever the Browns are starting this year.

I'd say after that, make the decision if you are going to grab a 2nd QB or not because there are not enough to go around. If you have a top 10 QB, you can probably eat the bye week, but if you have a middling or lovely one and can really benefit from choosing the starter from the matchup, get on it.

Defenses will go higher than normal this year, but I don't think a ton of people will carry 2, unlike QBs, a defense can't be out because of injury, so the stress of having a backup in case the worst happens is not there. I think there will pretty much always be 1 or 2 poo poo crews to pick up for bye week and even poo poo crews will generate points. Then dump them.

I guess the only other thing I can think of is waivers are super important, after week 1 or 2 some random gem will show up and having a high waiver choice is as valuable as having a high draft pick. Gambles pay off more because after round 5 or 6 of the draft, everyone is a gamble. So if you have a hunch about an under the radar rookie or sophomore, don't be afraid to go off the board and pick someone 15 or 25 picks "early" because you might not get the chance when it comes back to you.

JetsGuy
Sep 17, 2003

science + hockey
=
LASER SKATES
Darkwolf - I used this, just used fake email addresses. There may be an easier way.

https://fftoolbox.scoutfantasysports.com/draft_order_generator.cfm

89 - as someone who's never won his own league, I'll say that I prefer having a pick in the 8-12 range because you're never waiting 40 picks.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

What have I missed in the weeks since checking in? Is the scoring locked in, now? Draft changes?

89 posted:

IMO, knowledge of the NFL is far more important in this type of league than standard leagues. In other leagues, I can run to the nearest fantasy football draft calculator once the scoring is posted and just use that for the draft but it doesn't work like that here. I'm never gonna win a championship in this league.

tadashi fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Aug 7, 2018

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

tadashi posted:

What have I missed in the weeks since checking in? Is the scoring locked in, now? Draft changes?

IMO, knowledge of the NFL is far more important in this type of league than standard leagues. In other leagues, I can run to the nearest fantasy football draft calculator once the scoring is posted and just use that for the draft but it doesn't work like that here. I'm never gonna win a championship in this league.

That can’t be true or I wouldn’t do well in it ;)

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
i'm going to win this year b*tches

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dubious posted:

i'm going to win this year b*tches

Anyone who censors their words won't win poo poo.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

tadashi posted:

Scoring locked in, no draft changes other than understanding that waiting until round 9 to draft a defense isn't going to fly this year.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
With return yards I always felt defenses were overvalued anyway in this league.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Draft Order? 😁

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

I call dibs on pick #1.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Please help my coffee starved brain.

1 passing yard in this league is worth .04 points, right?

5 yards are worth .2 points so .2/5 = .04?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

tadashi posted:

Please help my coffee starved brain.

1 passing yard in this league is worth .04 points, right?

5 yards are worth .2 points so .2/5 = .04?

Yes, your math is right. It's one full point for every 25 yards.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Silly Burrito posted:

I call dibs on pick #1.

I call dibs on second.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
I call dibs on #4

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

#8 please!

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

Hey, look, they played some football! Over analyze these preseason results and make your drafting projections accordingly. The Browns look like a powerhouse. Taylor is completing 100% and has a TD for every 5 passes thrown, 1st overall?

Also, look for draft order on Monday. Gives you 2 full weeks to make plans and not trade draft picks because no one ever does.

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007

darkwolf220 posted:

Everyone from last season is confirmed coming back but JuicedSixFo, who isn't accepting PMs. I am going to hold the spot for them until the end of day on August 11th. If they don't show, you're in.

I prefer the pronouns 'he/him' and I'm back, didn't realize I cut it that close.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Draft picks are tradable?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

89 posted:

Draft picks are tradable?

Yeah, but no one ever does. Yet.

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

JuicedSixFo posted:

I prefer the pronouns 'he/him' and I'm back, didn't realize I cut it that close.

I was being inclusive, I don't know your life. Hope I didn't hurt your male sensibilities too much. Also, start accepting PMs already :mad:

Working on a draft order, I will edit it in soon.

e: :siren: DRAFT ORDER :siren:

1 Deflated Bush
2 Ertz Wentz and Fire
3 Akron Peppercorns
4 Inglorious Staffords
5 Jameis's Crab Legs Emporium
6 Spinnin Freeneys
7 Baller Status
8 Taco Tuesday
9 Zoltan Mesko
10 Boudin Ballers
11 San Francisco PoM
12 Naptown Sleepers
13 Circling Wagons
14 Seattle Fraisers
15 Nashville Oilers
16 Discount Double Champ
17 Wisconsin Cows
18 Wilfork's Rib Factory
19 R Rated Superstars
20 Blank's Banks

Working on updating the league with this info. Feel free to trade picks if you really want to. My picks aren't for trade.

ee: And updated. Go nuts.

darkwolf220 fucked around with this message at 00:35 on Aug 13, 2018

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I think this is the highest I've ever picked?

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

8 is not bad. I'm happy with this.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

10th, huh? That should be interesting.

I thought I called dibs on #1. :colbert:

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Tens of Goons served!

Silly Burrito posted:

No one listens to you.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Silly Burrito posted:

Oh poo poo. Are we about to have the first draft pick trade??

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
gently caress yeah #2!!!

David Johnson or LeVeon Bell...

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Braksgirl posted:

No one listens to you.

Hush you.

jabro posted:

Oh poo poo. Are we about to have the first draft pick trade??

Probably not, but all offers are entertained!

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

16 is probably a solid handicap. I get it, I get it, parity.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

89 posted:

gently caress yeah #2!!!

David Johnson or LeVeon Bell...

As the person drafting at #3, Le'Veon Bell. Let me know if you have any other questions.

JuicedSixFo
Mar 16, 2007
#9 works, should be enough to get a T1 QB

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
QB gets pretty thin in this league lol. 4 or 6pt passing TDs?

darkwolf220
May 14, 2009

89 posted:

QB gets pretty thin in this league lol. 4 or 6pt passing TDs?

6. See all scoring details here: http://games.espn.com/ffl/leaguesetup/settings?leagueId=524484

Also, is everyone fuckin' ready for this poo poo? Who is going to be the sad sack that misses the draft and autodrafts 3+ out-for-season players?

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I keep requesting Beer Sheets for this league and either that guy looks at my request and just immediately goes "lol no" or I can't seem to type the 14 variables in correctly because they're never there when I go back to find them.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

This is a first for me.

SAINTS ON A PLANE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

Whoops wrong thread.