Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Phraggah posted:

I'm looking for printer/scanner reccomendations with a few very specific traits.

I need to print probably less than once per week on average, probably 75% black and white but the 25% color will be important. I need to scan in color probably once a month. I would like these two things to be in one compact unit, but I'm really going to prefer whatever combination of standalone/combination machine(s) are cheapest (in the long run).

My house gets warm during the day, the printer will likely be staying in 90f during the summer/spring months

Low cost to entry & low maintenance costs are highly desirable. I'm not sure what im going to need to spend? It would be nice not to spend more than like a hundred or two?

Wireless isn't strictly needed, but it will be sitting directly next to my router anyway

Thanks all. Shopping for printers is surprisingly terrible.

do you really require your own printer at this point? I'm not sure if you have somewhere like a kinkos nearby but that's going to cause way less headache in the long run.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

PRINTERSSS, I hate dealing with them, this is why I became not a printer tech.

Have 2 M365N's that I migrated to a new 2016 server and they are randomly ignoring doc retention and the printer queue is getting clogged up on larger files, but only sometimes; loving printer poo poo.

MF_James
May 8, 2008

I hate the printer we have in our house, wife insisted on having one, I protested because that means we are letting the devil into our house; fine I guess I do need to print something like once every 3 months, and I guess it's a pain in the rear end to go to whatever print place is near by to do it... I agreed to it but with a catch, if the thing doesn't work it's not my problem, which has gone well in the sense that I haven't had to troubleshoot issues she has with it.

Every time I want to use the thing i have to play "Why isn't my computer seeing the printer this time/why is the job just disappearing" for 20 minutes before it works.

Every.loving.Time.

I knew it was a mistake to let this beast into our house...

MF_James
May 8, 2008

Peachfart posted:

Using an HP. So many weird connection problems.

Ding ding.

I deal with printers far more than I would like to since getting out of helpdesk, I know the various tricks but yeah HP is just trash (hint: all are trash, some are just slightly less trash than others)