Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Give the laserjet to a friend.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Personally I am of the opinion that all multifunction printers, I.e. those who scan and copy too, are shite.

Jack of all trades, master of none.

So, yes, if I were you, I'd get a full size flat bed scanner and do it right.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

And a new stand alone laser printer as well.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

other people posted:

Welp I bought an epson ecotank (ET-2750) last month and after printing maybe 80 pages it now displays an error code and refuses to print.

Shows code E-01 and then below that the first time it included a number 000041 and after turning it off and back on it shows E-01 again with 034004.

We've already tossed out the box/packaging. I'm looking forward to the joys of the warranty process. god drat it.

Should have bought a laser.

Steakandchips
Apr 30, 2009

Decided on the Brother HL-L2375DW. Ordered it from printerbase.co.uk (it said In Stock). They called me, told me it wasn't in stock, and said I could have a Brother HL-L5100DN instead at 40 more. Fine.

The HL-L5100DN is working out great. Plugged it into a networking switch via an ethernet patch cable, plug and play, zero pissing about required on Windows, Linux, MacOS and iOS, was detected on all of them instantly and Just Worked, including duplexing.

Very happy (other than having spent 40 more).