Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freakazoid_
Jul 4, 2013

Buglord

I'm just a guy who scans and prints the occasional family photo for relatives. Looking to replace my old hp photosmart 2610, which has been limping along for years now and I'm tired of fixing it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freakazoid_
Jul 4, 2013

Buglord

Aunt Beth posted:

How frequently? Is it occasional enough that it would be cheaper to just use the Kodak kiosk at Target or a drugstore instead of replacing your hardware?

I don't know exactly. It's hard to tell what value I got out of an all-in-one when I made it last over a decade. If I can do that again, whatever break point seems moot given such a time span.

Freakazoid_
Jul 4, 2013

Buglord

Harik posted:

e: And every printer costs double what it did two months ago.

Now why would that be? I know we can just say "covid" but I wasn't aware this particular sector was hit. I'd have to guess more people working at home means more documents need to be printed at home?

Freakazoid_
Jul 4, 2013

Buglord

welp, I was going to rant about brother's terrible customer service since my new printer can't print photos correctly, but that dog pee document has me enthralled.