Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Charles
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom

Toilet Rascal

Hey if my inkjet needs to do the head cleaning procedure all the time now is there something I can manually clean or is it just time for something new?

If that's the case, for cost of ink / toner, is laser still better even with color? Seems like the advertised PPM is way higher, but I've never had a color laser.

Thanks for your help with these terrible devices!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom

Toilet Rascal

Cool, Costco has an HP color laser on sale, although consumer reports seem to favor Brother for reliability. I pulled my old Brother B&W laser out of the basement meanwhile, still really great for printing music quickly, although the drum has some spots on it. It also has an FTP, WWW, Telnet, etc. server built into it that I want to keep firewalled!

Also for the inkjet I discovered you can flush the heads with some magic solution to clear dried ink.

Charles
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom

Toilet Rascal

What are courtesy prints? Sorry just curious :-P

Charles
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom

Toilet Rascal

Let's just all use Laserjet 4p's until the end of time.

Charles
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom

Toilet Rascal

I mean it's a budget printer from 2006. It's not worth $20 unless it's in really good shape. Ya got fleeced

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles
May 9, 2004

zoom-zoom

Toilet Rascal

Any thoughts on the Brother MFC-L3770CDW?

It's a color laser AIO. Pretty good reviews.