Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

Professor Shark posted:

Is this thread for 3D Printers too? I want to print off a model on the work printer and downloaded .stl files, which Makerbot says it uses, however it doesn't see the files on my USB when I plug it in

The DIY forum has a pretty huge 3d printer megathread if you wanna check that out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Methylethylaldehyde
Oct 23, 2004

BAKA BAKA

slidebite posted:

Mrs. Slidebite emails documents to me or whatever which is a bit of a pain in the rear end.

You can 100% end up with the router causing issues with the printer. Depending on the model, 'wireless privacy', 'wireless firewall' or something like that can cause the wireless and wired network segments to not talk to each other, or sometimes only talk one way.

If you're trying to AirPrint or use it on an iDevice, then googling 'brother printer airprint router model' will be the easiest way to figure out which setting is causing the Bonjour service to crap out and refuse to work right.

Edit: If they're all windows PCs, you can just share the USB printer out over the network, and have all the PCs connect to yours to print. That'll work fine, and cut the entire Brother/Router wifi slapfight out of the picture. Only downside is printer only works if your PC is online.