Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nuurd
Apr 21, 2005

I bought a small Brother document scanner (ADS2700W) to scan several hundred pages of documents.

Is there a thread recommendation for a software that has a good workflow for scanning en masse, and then sorting out which pages to save together and which to separate?

Ex: Perhaps I load 50 pages in the scanner , which I might want to save as one 16 page document, 4 single-pagers, and then one 30 page doc. I’d rather sort this kind of thing out on the computer instead of micromanaging which sets of docs I feed into the scanner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuurd
Apr 21, 2005

nielsm posted:

I don't know the name of any specific software, but the way to handle it is usually to have some separator pages with some kind of bar code printed, that instructs the software how to split or where to save the following pages.

Ah, I see. Wasn’t quite the workflow I was hoping for, but I haven’t needed to deal with this before and didn’t know what was common. Thanks!

Nuurd
Apr 21, 2005

I ended up doing my work in separate steps. I am doing bulk scanning all into one big undifferentiated PDF, with OCR, auto-rotate, whatever. Then, I’m using PDF XChange’s split/merge tool.

That second tool gives me exactly what I want I think — I can look at all the pages and easily separate them into separate documents.

Thanks for the suggestions!