Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

English dude has negative head movement

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mewse
May 2, 2006

threeagainstfour posted:

English dude has negative head movement

Moving your head toward punches is a strategy, it's just a stupendously bad one

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Jay Cucciniello was dreamed to life in a nightmare Michael Bisping had about not having a decent jab, head movement or gas tank.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

mewse posted:

Moving your head toward punches is a strategy, it's just a stupendously bad one

Become a punching bag and tire them out

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Marching Powder posted:

tavares is going to gently caress up adesanya too

I was amazed Tavares was the betting underdog (although it looks like it narrowed) against a dude who Marvin Vettori took to a split decision

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

poo poo, that's big Luke Barnatt, no?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
lil bisping just did a flailing spaz in frustration. not great.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

Katona also drawing on the wisdom of cornerman Artem Lobov.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
if katona wins does he get promoted to bus attacking crew at sbg or when do you get to do that?

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Katona looks small enough for McGregor to throw him through the window of the next bus he attacks.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
This dude definitely looks like he's going to immediately drop down to bantamweight

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dr. Abysmal posted:

This dude definitely looks like he's going to immediately drop down to bantamweight

he should. he was at like a 5 inch reach disadvantage

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
A traitor to Canada. Hmm I don't know how I feel about this Katona guy.

FishBowlRobot
Mar 21, 2006

We all know McGregor doesn’t give rematches if he wins. He’s already defeated the bus, next attack has to be a plane or a duplex or something. Boat?

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

why go to sbg instead of tristar?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Yeah going to SBG over TriStar and also affecting a really overt Irish accent when you're Canadian. Bit weird.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

This guy sounds like full-on Rick Moranis doing Bob McKenzie

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I didn't watch TUF so I had to google this guy and apparently he has a similar internet controversy to Mackenzie Dern where people are angry that he's faking an Irish accent

mewse
May 2, 2006

I'd like the Katona haters to please form a line to offer me apologies

mewse
May 2, 2006

Also that's how he's always sounded, he has a speech impediment, except for saying "telly" which is a total affectation

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Dr. Abysmal posted:

I didn't watch TUF so I had to google this guy and apparently he has a similar internet controversy to Mackenzie Dern where people are angry that he's faking an Irish accent

ah yes, i always heard that when you live in a different country you start talking like them eventually.

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

You don't generally just live in a country a year and affect their accent in the way Katona has.

Also: DC in 3.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

Le Saboteur posted:

You don't generally just live in a country a year and affect their accent in the way Katona has.

are you serious? he doesn't have an irish accent, he has irish sounding words and a bizarre hybrid accent which is absolutely what happens. usually happens faster when you're younger and it also depends on how much a person subconsciously mimicks their surroundings but it's definitely not weird or anything for this to happen

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

Marching Powder posted:

are you serious? he doesn't have an irish accent, he has irish sounding words and a bizarre hybrid accent which is absolutely what happens. usually happens faster when you're younger and it also depends on how much a person subconsciously mimicks their surroundings but it's definitely not weird or anything for this to happen

It definitely is a bit strange as I expected a fairly straight ahead Canadian accent. But you're right he is pretty young and that would probably make him tend to affect his surroundings more.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
I hope once UFC goes to ESPN that the TV fight cards don't go on for 12 straight hours like they do on Fox

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

they look like the same person

mewse
May 2, 2006

Marching Powder posted:

they look like the same person

Don't be racist towards italians please

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Katona moved to Ireland/SBG with his girlfriend.

Also :woop: Katona

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

I'm cheering for Joe Diazon

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

what caused the crowd to start acting and sounding like a crowd?

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
lol this is the weirdest round

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

im laughing so hard right now

Herv
Mar 24, 2005

Soiled Meat
like a new form of fighting

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

This is bad.

Dr. Abysmal
Feb 17, 2010

We're all doomed
The dreaded double elbows to the rear end

T-Bone
Sep 14, 2004

jakes did this?
the double elbow rear end ram lmao

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Amazing

Vitamin Boss
Oct 23, 2006
Burn it to the ground
extremely glad I tuned in in time to see that

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

I Hate Butts: the fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

what a maneuver

• Locked thread