Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Team Gummy, please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

WereGoat posted:

Ramos is blazing a gummy trail through the peppermint forest.

Rest of gummy biding our time.

Podima and Studio are goobers stuck at the rear.

Everyone else is about the place.

And I'd be in vying for the lead if it wasn't for y'all oval office wangling bridge using cheaters.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Monathin posted:

dancer, you better not let those other losers beat you! team chocolate deserves only the best!

Chocolate is literally poo and so is your speed.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

OfChristandMen posted:

I am a proud Generic Candy Avatar member of the rainbow bridge emporium.

(actual question: every card is shuffled together after every turn, correct?)

hexwren posted:

2c. Cards will be shuffled before each turn.

Mints are illiterate red necks.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Time to cook some gummies, I suppose.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Challenge I

So unlike some of you fuckers, I actually go outside of my home. When thinking of candy either specifically local to my area or exotic, my ice cream shop immediately comes to mind where they occasionally host weird rear end ice cream flavors, including this past week, dorito flavored ice cream.

I won't lie, it was pretty foul. Unfortunately, upon getting there, the item was so unpopular, it didn't even last a full week on display, so couldn't eat that.

Luckily, I have a mall within biking distance.

Next plan was to stop by the anime weeb store for some of that sweet, sweet Japanese sugar. Main plan? Get a can of Calpis, which me and my American exchange student friends loved while in Japan. If you can't figure out why, just say the name out loud a few times.

But you might be thinking, "Ramos! That's just water, it doesn't count." You're right, I was looking for the soda variant but I wasn't sure that counted either, so time to pull out the big guns.

Welcome to Lolli & Pops, where you can get candy of all varieties from around the world for some amazingly jacked up prices. The plan was to pick up some candy covered crickets from here but apparently that was so unpopular that they dumped that a while ago. Can't imagine why that wouldn't sit well with the American audience.

But yeah, there's a ton of poo poo here. Now to find something suitably "exotic".

Barcelona chocolate, eh? Ehhhh? I got it in the bargain bin for 2 bucks. To give you an idea, that's normally 11 dollars.

Fancy.

True to what the ingredients said on the back, it just ended up tasting like milk chocolate with lemon and juniper flavoring. Woo?

But Ramos, that's just flavored chocolate, that isn't exotic at all!

You're right, that's why I got:

This stuff. Tamarind and hot sauce. Beloved by Hispanic children all over central America. Sadly, I couldn't find something more Nicaraguan like corn cookies but this would do.

You eat it by spraying it onto your tongue but since it's kind of impossible to take a picture with your phone and do that at the same time with my clumsy rear end hands, here's some of it on my finger sliding onto my couch anyway. The flavor was kind of eh, barely tasted the Tamarind and it was mostly lovely hot sauce with a bit more kick and sugar to it.

Ramos fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Jul 13, 2018

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

actually she rejected me because I speak funny

##joker time

Agreed, punch that turbo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4y8ph3cH54

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

hexwren posted:

Good poo poo. A joker is awarded.

...also that tamarind stuff on your fingertip looks gross as hellllllllllll

Woo!

Also, it's mostly water and... hot sauce. It's just pretty lame all around, exactly what I get for fifty cent candy.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Pulling up two single orange cards for me on a joker. :negative:

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Keep on with the ##Joker. Gotta go go go.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

WereGoat posted:

Aye simmer down fudge boy. Gummies stick together.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Challenge 2

https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchen/homemade-gummy-bears-3686862

This looks easy.

It also looks like gelatin and not gummies but I also have no idea how gummies are made. Let's roll.

I need to get a camera that doesn't make my apartment look so dingy and dark. Either way, got sugar, powdered gelatin, and apple juice.

Toss everything in.

Put on low heat, stir.

Everything eventually dissolves.

I don't have cute bear molds, so I'll just use a plastic container. I can always chop it up into squares later. Stick it in the fridge.

An hour later and yeap, that sure is gelatin and not gummy candy.

Ramos fucked around with this message at 05:20 on Jul 19, 2018

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

##joker

Gotta keep going.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Yowch, take it easy, man.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Birdstrike posted:

DEHUMANIZE YOURSELF
AND FACE TO
G U M M Y

The one true golden god!

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Man, I come after a few days and I'm apparently in dead last? What the poo poo?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Came dead last in Candy Land. Forever shamed, no one will ever take me seriously on the competitive Candy Land scene again.

• Locked thread